Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Stephen Amell Apologizes for Tweet on Texas and Ahmed Mohamed

The "Arrow" star, who took heat on social media for comments about reactions to the 14-year-old Texas boy who brought a clock to school, apologizes to his fans on Facebook.

Full article here.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Apologizing for chastising people for making blanket statements. Didn't namecall, didn't swear. Just so we're clear, this is our world now
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Moral of the story: Stereotyping is good, so long as its against white people.

Astonishing Member

It's a nice apology. But, from where I stand, those over-reacting to him owe him more of an apology than he owes them.

Amell is and has always been a media whore. No apology is necessary.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    Moral of the story: Stereotyping is good, so long as its against white people.
    More like don't make false equivalences.

People shouldn't stereotype, but saying there's a racism problem in Texas is not just as bad as everything Muslims have to put up with in America. People have been arrested or killed for looking "Muslim." Sitting politicians have used allegations of Muslim faith as some kind of criticism.

I don't think Amell's a bad guy here, but his statement wasn't right and could've come off as blind to the problems out there.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticScholar View Post
    Apologizing for chastising people for making blanket statements. Didn't namecall, didn't swear. Just so we're clear, this is our world now
    This is the US.
    Where it's always, "You are either with me or against me."
    And with me means you follow the exact same argument and dont deviate to make any further points.
    Even if those points make sense.

This the equivalent of people with guns arguments.
    This is just how the US is.

Oh wait, am i doing.......
    Last edited by Sighphi; 09-19-2015 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    This is the US.
    Where it's always, "You are either with me or against me."
    And with me means you follow the exact same argument and dont deviate to make any further points.
    Even if those points make sense.

This the equivalent of people with guns arguments.
    This is just how the US is.

Oh wait, am i doing.......
    Let me present you with a different point of view...

Eh, nevermind. That's pretty much right on the button. I know that's how I and all of my family and friends are.

Kidding!

Quote Originally Posted by JimRaynor55 View Post

People shouldn't stereotype, but saying there's a racism problem in Texas is not just as bad as everything Muslims have to put up with in America. People have been arrested or killed for looking "Muslim." Sitting politicians have used allegations of Muslim faith as some kind of criticism.

I don't think Amell's a bad guy here, but his statement wasn't right and could've come off as blind to the problems out there.
    Aren't you stereotyping "people" now?

It's a joke!!!!

Spectacular Member

...but saying there's a racism problem in Texas is not just as bad as everything Muslims have to put up with in America.
    Amell did not say this. Nor did he make this equivalency.

Just so we're clear JimRayner...you fabricated this. You & ilk like you search for agendas behind agendas, to create faux outrage.

Feel like apologizing to him for fabricating what he said?
    Last edited by jtd; 09-19-2015 at 04:55 PM.

Can you point to where he said stereotyping Texas was the just as bad as everything muslims face in america?
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Spectacular Member

For those of you unaware, Amell tweeted the following, "Stereotyping Texas isn't any better than stereotyping Ahmed. Just so we're clear."

Those equivalence between those issues is significantly distant.
    Hank Pym: You're taking over? Come on, give me one good reason why—
    Iron Man: Three words. You're. Hank. Pym.

All-New Member

Hey, an isolated incident happened in a place inside a large state or country.

Let me make some tweets about how awful that place and everyone who lives there is!

What, someone tried to tell me that's not right? LET ME REMIND HIM ABOUT HIS PRIVILEGE.

Spectacular Member

No reason why he should apologize. Just goes to show how crazy the SJW contingent is these days...

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drizzt View Post
    No reason why he should apologize. Just goes to show how crazy the SJW contingent is these days...
    That's not true! The Mary Sue deemed that Amell is not a lost cause, he just needs redemption! I sure hope he can earn it!