Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

There was a time when Wonder Woman had no powers and was something like a secret agent for awhile, IIRC. Jack shouldn't need his sword to demolish her in that state.

How strong is current NU52 Wonder Woman now? Is she as strong as her pre-flashpoint counterpart yet? And could Jack take NU WW on during the early stages of her career?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

He can take movie WW since she doesn't have any feats yet

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Maybe, however I was more responding to the post that no WW could be beaten by Jack. Which is false. Even he couldn't technically beat one version or another because his sword couldn't harm her due to it's enchantment not affecting good that's a failure of the sword, not Jack.
    That's a strange argument to make. If his sword can't hurt and he can't hurt her than that's his failure. That's like saying a Green Lantern can't defeat Silver Surfer but it's not his failure, it's the ring's.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    That's a strange argument to make. If his sword can't hurt and he can't hurt her than that's his failure. That's like saying a Green Lantern can't defeat Silver Surfer but it's not his failure, it's the ring's.
    Not really, because he could defeat her with a normal sword even one weaker than his. It's a failure of the blade because of some weird rule of it that wouldn't allow him to harm people he could harm with even a mundane weapon. In your example the GL wouldn't be as fast as Surfer or the ring(in some cases) wouldn't be as powerful. But it's not like if the lantern then used a mundane brass knuckle he would then be able to win. Jack could win with a normal sword just not a "magical cannot harm innocent sword"(if that indeed would apply to WW since it didn't seem to apply to the Scotsman IIRC). Though I suppose an argument could be made with hand to hand(in JLU's case) but it's beyond the scope of my point. Which is that their is indeed WW's Jack would stand a chance against. Which was what I was arguing against in the first place.
    Last edited by Farealmer; 09-20-2015 at 09:57 AM.

Mighty Member

I honestly figured the sword was enchanted to not harm the innocent as a character shield for Jack to keep Aku from murdering Jack with his own weapon. which could plausibly happen in nearly every single one of their fights. they needed a way out so that this didn't happen, or need to be addressed, every single time they fought.

Mighty Member

Jack could give DCAU Wonder Woman a good fight-- but I'm not sure if he could beat her. it's been a long time since I've seen him. he's really got no business fighting comics Wonder Woman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    How strong is current NU52 Wonder Woman now? Is she as strong as her pre-flashpoint counterpart yet? And could Jack take NU WW on during the early stages of her career?
    Slow enough Jack doesn't really lag behind her in speed, and impure enough that Jack's sword can hurt her. Her biggest advantage over him is flight and raw strength, but it's not like this is tug of war.

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    He can take movie WW since she doesn't have any feats yet
    I saw the trailer and it looks like We bangs her bracers together and causes aa city sized explosion. If that is any indication feat wise she is already above Man of steel Superman...

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    What do you mean by composite Jack?
    1) There is an episode where Jack fails to cut adamantium untilmhe gets a mechanized arm. At the end of the episode the arm is broken but one adamantium robot remains....Jack prays to his ancestors causing the sword to swell with light and cuts the robot in half.

2) there is an episode where Jack discover an ancient giant thing and his spirit or wtv is inside it. He then fights and defeat Mondobot with it.
    This thing:

Not really, because he could defeat her with a normal sword even one weaker than his. It's a failure of the blade because of some weird rule of it that wouldn't allow him to harm people he could harm with even a mundane weapon. In your example the GL wouldn't be as fast as Surfer or the ring(in some cases) wouldn't be as powerful. But it's not like if the lantern then used a mundane brass knuckle he would then be able to win. Jack could win with a normal sword just not a "magical cannot harm innocent sword"(if that indeed would apply to WW since it didn't seem to apply to the Scotsman IIRC). Though I suppose an argument could be made with hand to hand(in JLU's case) but it's beyond the scope of my point. Which is that their is indeed WW's Jack would stand a chance against. Which was what I was arguing against in the first place.
    But Samurai Jack doesn't have a regular sword and won't ever have one unless it's specfied. This is like saying SJ would have a chance of beating Superman if he had a kryptonite sword.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    But Samurai Jack doesn't have a regular sword and won't ever have one unless it's specfied. This is like saying SJ would have a chance of beating Superman if he had a kryptonite sword.
    No because Supes is only weak to a kryptonite sword, Wondy is weak to any sword but this one. But it's completely irrelevant to my point anyway. Jack has a chance even if he had to steal Wondy's tiara and use it as a knife. It wouldn't be a stomp like with her comic self. And if this fight was virtually anywhere but the arena Jack could just make a sharp object out of something in the environment and stab her with that. So why are you so hung up on this? It's a lot of time wasted for something that's missing my point directly. I don't get it?

Also it seems the Op has given Jack a giant mech in one of the fights with a giant blade which would kill JLU Wonder Woman just fine and even if she got inside Jack could just take a piece of sharpened metal off it and stab her with that.
    Last edited by Farealmer; 09-20-2015 at 07:39 PM.

Fantastic Member

JLU Wonderwoman was a bullet timer. Deflecting bullets with her bracelets was kinda her thing

No because Supes is only weak to a kryptonite sword, .
    What about a magic sword?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Astonishing Member

Stormbringer would see if Superman had soul!

No because Supes is only weak to a kryptonite sword, Wondy is weak to any sword but this one.
    Irrelevant. It doesn't matter if her weakness is any sword, it's still a weakness that you're trying to exploit. Despite him not having said sword.

But it's completely irrelevant to my point anyway. Jack has a chance even if he had to steal Wondy's tiara and use it as a knife. It wouldn't be a stomp like with her comic self. And if this fight was virtually anywhere but the arena Jack could just make a sharp object out of something in the environment and stab her with that. So why are you so hung up on this? It's a lot of time wasted for something that's missing my point directly. I don't get it?
    I get what you mean and I'm not saying that Jack can't beat any version of WW but in an Arena setting he doesn't get a sharp weapon besides his own. And WW isn't just going to sit there and let him take her Tiara when she has flight on her side. She's also MUCH stronger than Jack and getting too close to her wouldn't be a good idea. She could probably kill him with one or two punches.

Also it seems the Op has given Jack a giant mech in one of the fights with a giant blade which would kill JLU Wonder Woman just fine and even if she got inside Jack could just take a piece of sharpened metal off it and stab her with that.
    A mecha that has no superspeed. She'd have a field day with it.