Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Storm!!!

First Appearance: Giant-Size X-Men #1 (1975)
    Mutant Abilities: Control over the weather
    Essential Storylines: Uncanny X-Men #169-170, Lifedeath, Uncanny X-Men #265-266, X-Men: Storm, Worlds Apart, Storm

When she was barely old enough to speak, Ororo Munroe was orphaned by an explosion that killed her parents in their Cairo home. For years, she would live on the streets and stole to survive. It wasn't until her mutant ability to control the weather surfaced that her life took a change for the better. Initially worshipped as a goddess in a small Kenyan village, Ororo was recruited by Professor Xavier to become a member of the X-Men. Taking on the codename Storm, she has since gone on to become a leader, a mentor, a queen, and the world's fiercest superhero.

There is no denying that Storm is the single most influential and culturally significant X-Man, male or female, out there. She was one of the very first African-American heroines in comics and she was the very first woman to ever lead a team of superheroes, not only that but she was also the first African-American to do so. She's appeared in nearly every film and television adaptation of the X-Men, as well as making appearances in video games and stage shows. While most contemporary readers would cite Rogue or X-23 as their favourite X-Woman, Storm's growth as a character goes down as one of the most well-written evolutions in the history of comic books. Chris Claremont's legendary run on Uncanny X-Men posited Storm as the matriarch and centre piece of the book, having her wrestle with complex notions of morality and identity all while leading the X-Men through some of the most tragic moments in mutant history. Truth be told, his Uncanny X-Men really was more like Storm and her Uncanny Friends.
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 01-01-2017 at 04:24 PM.

Invincible Member

Since Star Wars is being published by Marvel now, Sana Solo should count

Invincible Member

When was the last time Stevie Hunter appeared?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Since Star Wars is being published by Marvel now, Sana Solo should count
    Is Sana Amanat the inspiration for this Star Wars character?

BANNED

No cecily Reye's no Joanna cargil aka Frenzy

tsk tsk.

BANNED

This thread is most excellent.

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    No cecily Reye's no Joanna cargil aka Frenzy

tsk tsk.
    I am bringing them soon

BANNED

Cool Metalink Frenzy

A former freelance mercenary that worked for Apocalypse, Frenzy joined Magneto as a member of the Acolytes and served as ambassador of Genosha. She recently joined the X-Men after the Age of X.

Joanna was an unexpected baby girl who did not get her fatherīs acceptance because of her poor health status and weakness. She was the second baby in her family, his father was militant and her mother was a religious coward woman. Her older brother joined the army an eventually he was reported killed. After her brotherīs death her father beat her up and finally due to his abusive treatment Joanna developed her mutant powers and accidentally killed him in self defense.

Joanna Cargill grew up bitter and angry at the world for oppressing her as a black woman and a mutant. She found solace in expressing her anger through criminal activity, working as a mercenary-for-hire. She often clashed with other mercenaries, such as Gambit, who she formed a brief romantic relationship with. She had often felt aimless, which led her to use her invulnerability in reckless ways, and made her susceptible to other mutants, such as Apocalypse and Magneto.

Frenzy, like many of the X-Men, started off as a villain. Her first appearance had her battle the original X-Men under their new name, X-Factor. It was later revealed she was field leader of a group of villains, the Alliance of Evil. After a handful of failed attempts to defeat X-Factor, Frenzy found sanctuary among Magneto's Acolytes. Frenzy spent years with this group of fanatics, until Jean Grey mind-controlled Frenzy to fight against her leader, Magneto. After serving with the X-Men for a short while, Frenzy left and was not seen until after M-Day, where she was one of the few mutants to retain her powers. She joined Exodus and his new Acolytes, which were eventually merged into Mister Sinister's Marauders. Frenzy later had part of her brain damaged in a battle with Magneto, though Professor X eventually healed her. Recently, during the Age of X, Frenzy was a member of the X-Men and romantically involved with Cyclops (known as Basilisk). After the timeline was restored, Frenzy retained her memories and continued on with the X-Men, despite her villainous past.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post

I'm kinda hoping she shows up in Web Warriors just so we can see how things have gone for her since Old Man Logan and Spider-Verse (especially since Bendis didn't bother to include her in Old Man Logan).
    Kudos to the character, but the Ashley Barton backstory is confusing, to me. Okay, Hawkeye is her father (who is what, in his 80s by the time Old Man Logan starts?), but Spider-Man is her paternal grandfather-- thus the implication is that Peter Parker sired a daughter with a black woman at some point in that continuity. But at what age was Ashley's mother when she got together with the presumably-way-way-older (sheesh) Clint?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    When was the last time Stevie Hunter appeared?
    If she does show up, hopefully she'll have other things to do besides being scolded by much-younger white kids (God Loves Man Kills)

BANNED

Default Happy Birthday Gregory Wright!!!

THANK YOU for co-creating Obax Majid aka Lightbright!
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 05-18-2016 at 05:09 AM.

There are so many black girl characters with so much potential and Im so happy the newest one is a teen genius. I hope even if her book doesnt do well she still gets used in like a teen book or something. Id love to see her team up with kamala.
    Monica Rambeau is the queen of my heart and life. Bow down to her then give her all your money.

Nostagia leads to stagnation and over glorifying the past. The past sucked, the present sucks, and the future will suck. Take off the rose colored glasses and don't let that jerk nostalgia trick you into thinking life was better than it really was. If 20 years from now I'm of those people that say music, tv, videogames etc. was better back in my day please hit me in the knee caps with a bat.

Whos every ones favorite black female character. Mine are Monica rambeau and Storm because they are characters with incredible powers. Both are easily planet busters when written well plus they are emotionally complex. Powerful and well written. I hope storm gets another solo where she can unleash more and it has a cool interesting plot. Ive always thought if storm got a solo it should center around something being wrong with the planet that she can feel. That way it would be epic and connect to her feelings.
    Monica Rambeau is the queen of my heart and life. Bow down to her then give her all your money.

Nostagia leads to stagnation and over glorifying the past. The past sucked, the present sucks, and the future will suck. Take off the rose colored glasses and don't let that jerk nostalgia trick you into thinking life was better than it really was. If 20 years from now I'm of those people that say music, tv, videogames etc. was better back in my day please hit me in the knee caps with a bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nipower888 View Post
    Whos every ones favorite black female character. Mine are Monica rambeau and Storm because they are characters with incredible powers. Both are easily planet busters when written well plus they are emotionally complex. Powerful and well written. I hope storm gets another solo where she can unleash more and it has a cool interesting plot. Ive always thought if storm got a solo it should center around something being wrong with the planet that she can feel. That way it would be epic and connect to her feelings.
    Storm would be at the top of my list.

It would be interesting to see her written into a comic that deals with climate change, I think anything that helps bring awareness to real world problems is a worthwhile project .

Quote Originally Posted by Nipower888 View Post
    Favorite is easily Monica, since she's already in my top ten. I love her because she's rocking the natural hair, has a great backstory, a complex personality, and some of the coolest powers.