Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Moonstar...... or Magik

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    How about a council?
    Exactly. No one mutant can or should have to shoulder all of the responsibility of having to govern, lead, inspire, and police the whole mutant race. Cyke did it, bless him, but it's best for a council.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Exactly. No one mutant can or should have to shoulder all of the responsibility of having to govern, lead, inspire, and police the whole mutant race. Cyke did it, bless him, but it's best for a council.
    true but it is canon that cyclops is the first mutant leader of all mutantkind.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    true but it is canon that cyclops is the first mutant leader of all mutantkind.
    All 198 of them...or the 50 to 100 that where on the island...lol

Small kingdom but good for him.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 09-20-2015 at 12:24 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    All 198 of them...or the 50 to 100 that where on the island...lol

Small kingdom but good for him.
    also saved the mutant race....... and the heroes in secret wars

BANNED

Storm, Jean Grey, Wolverine and Prof X, obviously. Maybe Magneto sometimes when he's having one of his "I guess we don't necessarily have to totally eradicate baseline humans" years.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I loving this thread, sone really good points are bring made.
    Storm for leader of mutantkind.

Though i like the idea of Emma and Magneto for mutantkind but have a hard time seeing the xmen fully trusting and getting behind that.

I also want to see Cannonball, Rouge, Nightcrawler take up team leading than the overall xmen.

As for Colossus I think he's better at being a team player. Some People are meant to lead an other are MVPs.
    Look at Storm she knows when to lead and when to be a team player.
    Don't think it really matters st this point e
    whether the X get behind Emma or not. She can lead without their permission. You are talking about the mutant race as a whole not just the ones at the mansion right??

Council is the only way. It is ridiculous how leader of X team with 6 mutants in it can possibly be face of mutankind.

Magneto & Moonstar.

If just one, then Magneto. But I like this duo.

Magneto or Emma. No one else is qualified. And with the looks of ANAD Marvel, Magneto seems to be the one really dealing with threats towards Mutant kind while Storm and her friends dance with the Inhumans while saving some Mutants from the mist.

What has Wolverine side done for Mutant kind the last 10 years ?

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

As much as I like Storm as leader and a character the last couple of years have not been kind for her characterization or qualities as leader. I think she really needs to be more of a small scale immediate results style of leader before they try shoehorning her into a larger role. Right now I'd prefer to see her leading her team not her people.
    I also wouldn't want Cyclops to do it, he led through the last near extinction run and someone else should get the reins. Its already coming across as a bad retread of old ideas and legitimately other characters need focus.
    Magneto, as much as I'm a fan of the character, has far too much baggage not to expect him to go mean under the current circumstances. Especially if he were to have power as the overall Mutant Leader. It could be a hell of a story but I doubt he could maintain the trust needed to pull it off.
    I also wouldn't want Xavier or Adult Jean, as much as I like the characters neither one ever struck me as all that great of a leader, inspiring yes but not really great with the rapid fire life and death decisions.

Actually the character I'd like to see step up is... Sunspot. His attitude and style throughout his recent Avengers run has been inspired. He's shown an admirable ability to find unorthodox solutions to problems, his resources running AIM and his willingness to stare down authority are right now, just about the perfect qualities for the job. Plus it'd be something new instead of yet another retread.
    Last edited by Kisinith; 09-20-2015 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Don't think it really matters st this point e
    whether the X get behind Emma or not. She can lead without their permission. You are talking about the mutant race as a whole not just the ones at the mansion right??
    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Council is the only way. It is ridiculous how leader of X team with 6 mutants in it can possibly be face of mutankind.
    Well, thanks to the mist, the difference is really small anyways.

If I could choose absolutely anyone of the X-Men regardless of their current status I would go with Jean, the adult one, brought back to life.

I kind of see it like this: Storm is a great leader for X-Men when they're dealing with mutant issues and when it comes to leading a team on missions but when it comes to being a headmistress and running a school Jean would definitely be a better fit IMHO.
    So if the situation was such that X-Men were running the school for their students while simultaneously acting as peace keeping force/superheroes then Jean & Storm sharing the leadership duties would be the best choice. Provided that Cyclops wasn't available (like right now).

But if Cyclops was around? Well, as much as I want to see some change in the leadership after all these years under Cyke, he would probably still be the best choice IF he had the trust of all the other X-Men. But if the situation was like it is at the moment he probably would only be best fit to lead a more radical group of revolutionary X-Men or his own X-Force composed of more pragmatic members who wouldn't have problems following him.

I still do like the suggestion of having a council of X-Men leaders who would lead together in a style similar to Planet X in UA so that could work as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    As much as I like Storm as leader and a character the last couple of years have not been kind for her characterization or qualities as leader. I think she really needs to be more of a small scale immediate results style of leader before they try shoehorning her into a larger role. Right now I'd prefer to see her leading her team not her people.
    I also wouldn't want Cyclops to do it, he led through the last near extinction run and someone else should get the reins. Its already coming across as a bad retread of old ideas and legitimately other characters need focus.
    Magneto, as much as I'm a fan of the character, has far too much baggage not to expect him to go mean under the current circumstances. Especially if he were to have power as the overall Mutant Leader. It could be a hell of a story but I doubt he could maintain the trust needed to pull it off.
    I also wouldn't want Xavier or Adult Jean, as much as I like the characters neither one ever struck me as all that great of a leader, inspiring yes but not really great with the rapid fire life and death decisions.

Actually the character I'd like to see step up is... Sunspot. His attitude and style throughout his recent Avengers run has been inspired. He's shown an admirable ability to find unorthodox solutions to problems, his resources running AIM and his willingness to stare down authority are right now, just about the perfect qualities for the job. Plus it'd be something new instead of yet another retread.
    sunspot is a great leader shown in time runs out he even convinced cyclops to help.... he is the best choice and is a great mutant leader

also i would love the marriage of raven and xavier to come more to light, im really hoping for here to be the reason why the x-men started like in the new movie canon
    Last edited by gambitxremy; 09-20-2015 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    sunspot is a great leader shown in time runs out he even convinced cyclops to help
    Sunspot went to Cyclops to talk to Beast, not to talk Cyke into joining the fight against the end of everything. Cyke's already had his plan for the Phoenix Egg ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'