Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    sunspot is a great leader shown in time runs out he even convinced cyclops to help.... he is the best choice and is a great mutant leader

also i would love the marriage of raven and xavier to come more to light, im really hoping for here to be the reason why the x-men started like in the new movie canon
    Can't we all just pretend that it never happened (and it probably didn't considering the whole Matthew Malloy ordeal) and move on forgetting the whole thing? That thing was stupid in the movies in the first place and really shouldn't be brought over to contaminate the comics. It contradicts so much past established canon that it's way more effort than it's worth to try and fit it in anywhere in 616. It was one of those Bendisisms that are best forgotten about.

It's time for everyone to try something different... like Nightcrawler maybe.
    ꦩꦒ꧀ꦤꦺꦠꦺꦴ ꦩꦺꦩꦁ ꦧꦼꦤꦂ

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

There should be a Council.

Magneto - Wrath of Mutantkind
    Storm - Soul of Mutantkind
    Rachel - Fist of Mutantkind
    Nightcrawler - Heart of Mutantkind
    Dr. Nemesis - Brain of Mutantkind

No Rogue as she betrayed Mutantkind.
    No Kitty as she betrayed Mutantkind.
    No teens as they're way too young, naive and inexperienced to be considered Leaders of an entire race.
    No Cyclops because apparently he's... Yeah.
    No Beast as he has betrayed Mutantkind.
    No OML as he hasn't been around all that long and is a loner.
    No Emma as she's not very trustworthy at all.
    No Cable as he isn't the type to want to do something like this.
    No Colossus, guy is almost always mentally unstable nowadays.
    No Deadpool, Mystique, Sabertooth or the such for obvious reasons.

You get the point. A Council of 5 which contains the best of Mutantkind who aren't compromised.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 09-21-2015 at 01:48 AM.

I've always hated the idea of one leader for all mutant kind. Give me separate leaders with various goals.

Yeah, I'm kind of liking what we've got now. Storm leading the main team, a younger and more idealistic Teen Scott leading the young team, and Magneto leading the X-Force type kill squad. Feels a little bit like the 80s with Outback X-men, O.G. X-Factor and New Mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah, I'm kind of liking what we've got now. Storm leading the main team, a younger and more idealistic Teen Scott leading the young team, and Magneto leading the X-Force type kill squad. Feels a little bit like the 80s with Outback X-men, O.G. X-Factor and New Mutants.
    You know I kinda hope that Laura and Scott share the leadership position. No matter what she is still the most experienced member on the team.
    You could make an argument that she never wanted to assume such a position but with her taking over as Wolverine there will probably be a change of mind along with it. Alternatively she just lets's Scott do what he wants and does everything she wants alone in her solo which works too
    "This is me being reasonable"

Marvel Studios.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post

Rachel - Fist of Mutantkind
    Heh.
    When I think of Rachel, I too think of fists.

Fantastic Member

I'm REALLY hoping they find a way to differentiate THIS 'end of the species as we know it' from the LAST 'end of the species as we know it' so I'd kind of prefer we don't end up with the mutants circling the wagons and forming a nation. The idea that they all are kind of doing their own thing in response to this COULD work (still dumb to rehash a 10 year long myth arc 2 years later). If we imagine that Storm's team is the one trying to find a cure, but rather than forming a country/fortress, they maybe go on a science adventure, Young Scott's team decides to mostly ignore it and go be X-men and save the world, whereas Magneto kind of tries to do what Scott did but is not Scott so goes much darker and can't unite everyone like Scott did.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    You know I kinda hope that Laura and Scott share the leadership position. No matter what she is still the most experienced member on the team.
    You could make an argument that she never wanted to assume such a position but with her taking over as Wolverine there will probably be a change of mind along with it. Alternatively she just lets's Scott do what he wants and does everything she wants alone in her solo which works too
    As the whole situation with Logan himself proved, more experience doesn't necessarily mean someone should lead. I do hope she kind of fills the pre-schism Logan role of telling Scott when he's being an idiot. (This is TOTALLY off-topic but sort of related, as weird as the clone thing makes her relationship with anyone, I really think there's more room for great drama in the quickly abandoned Scott romance than this thing with Angel, but that's separate)

Whether she plays adviser or not though, I'm hoping this team has a bit looser of a leadership structure. General Cyclops was a direct outgrowth of Scott's training and experience. This Cyclops not only hasn't had all those horrible experiences, he also hasn't had nearly as much of Xavier's training, and arguably his other leadership example has been his own father, a chance that old Scott never had. So I hope he's maybe a bit more cavalier and space-piratey than the older Scott would have been. Honestly, if they can really own the differences his character should have acquired, I may forgive them for a fair amount of the weird stuff they've done to the X-men (such as apparently writing old Scott out/pulling the trigger on him being a villain).

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMunroe View Post
    Sally Blevins because she knows what real oppression is.
    YASSSSSSS!!
    Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    I think given that we're facing another no more mutants situation, mutants need a selfish leader only interested in the preservation of mutant kind even if it's at the cost of humans or inhuman lives. So I vote Mr sinister !
    See that sounds like M Not the 'shacking up with Strong Guy or Darwin M' but the Miss Prefect '95 M. She has the skills, Brain, and diplomacy to lead Mutants for the next century. And she don't take no guff from no body
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    HA! Yes.

It's time for the younger mutants to be given a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
    As the whole situation with Logan himself proved, more experience doesn't necessarily mean someone should lead. I do hope she kind of fills the pre-schism Logan role of telling Scott when he's being an idiot. (This is TOTALLY off-topic but sort of related, as weird as the clone thing makes her relationship with anyone, I really think there's more room for great drama in the quickly abandoned Scott romance than this thing with Angel, but that's separate)

Whether she plays adviser or not though, I'm hoping this team has a bit looser of a leadership structure. General Cyclops was a direct outgrowth of Scott's training and experience. This Cyclops not only hasn't had all those horrible experiences, he also hasn't had nearly as much of Xavier's training, and arguably his other leadership example has been his own father, a chance that old Scott never had. So I hope he's maybe a bit more cavalier and space-piratey than the older Scott would have been. Honestly, if they can really own the differences his character should have acquired, I may forgive them for a fair amount of the weird stuff they've done to the X-men (such as apparently writing old Scott out/pulling the trigger on him being a villain).
    Oh definitely I don't expect her to take the active leader role often. An advisor role would be good enough. You know just a person that Scott can ask for advice if the situation ask for it.
    I also agree that the team shouldn't have a strict leadership structure. They are all friends and equals after all. If anyone of them thinks doing *insert something* is for the best then I expect the others to seriously think and talk about it.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Storm. She always should've been the other side of the schism anyway, rather than Logan. Glad to see Ororo taking the reins in Extraordinary X-men.
    Good call! I would've enjoyed 'Schism' a lot more had that been the case!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

BANNED

Forge. I think he'd be a great candidate.

I kind of like the non-united X-Men concept. Multiple teams, really with no one leader.

I loved the scene in Spurrier's X-Force when Cable had to talk to all the mutant leaders, and so separately had conversations with Wolverine (Jean Grey School), Cyclops (his own team), Havok (Unity Squad), Magneto (himself), and Polaris (Serval/X-Factor).

So my view is:
    -Storm should lead the adult X-Men of the main/"good" team (associated with the Jean Grey School)
    -Kitty Pryde should be the headmistress of the Jean Grey School itself (in a book that focusses on X-teens)
    -Dani Moonstar should lead a new X-Force team (which includes Hope Summers, essentially continuing from Spurrier's run)
    -Rogue should lead Unity Squad
    -Sunspot should lead a corporate X-Men team (some mixture of the situation of the original X-Factor and All-New X-Factor)

I also want a mutant political-type story, where Magneto is once again leader of some specific mutant territory (Genosha post-AXIS, perhaps)

But yea, my point is that I'd want each group to have its own leader, but not have one overarching leader.