View Poll Results: Favorite Hero On The All New All Different Avengers?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Iron-Man(Tony Stark)

7 10.45%
  • Captain-America(Sam Wilson)

3 4.48%
  • The Vision

16 23.88%
  • Thor(Jane Foster)

1 1.49%
  • Ms.Marvel(Kamala Khan)

24 35.82%
  • Nova(Sam Alexander)

2 2.99%
  • Spider-Man(Miles Morales)

14 20.90%
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default All New All Different Avengers(Earth's Most Dedicated Heroes)

tumblr_nmcg6lwuZn1qmd57go1_1280.jpg

surprised this didn't already have a topic considering it's gonna be the flagship marvel team post secret wars and the roster is stacked with characters currently supporting a solo title plus the creative team isn't too bad either

I'm not surprised. This is happening because clearly ANAD is already backfiring. In the best of worlds, ANAD would bring together new and old Marvel fans. Instead, it's getting the most meh reaction I've seen from a Marvel relaunch since before Bendis took over the Avengers line.

The truth is Marvel is failing at make people excited over the ANAD books. There isn't an investment on getting top writers to work on their books, and that's not happening because Marvel Comics is being cheap. Mark Waid is a great writer, but he's at his best when getting creative freedom to work in solo books like Daredevil, Captain America and Flash. Marvel Comics need their own Kevin Feige right now to make people care about their comic books again, and I don't feel this will be happening under Ike Perlmutter's tenure. Hopefully things will change when Disney and Feige himself realize how important the comics are to Marvel's brand. ANAD should get people excited about reading Marvel comics again, not to be seen as a jumping off point.

BANNED

Er. There's a few other threads on ANAD Avengers. I know there's at least one other, and CBR had a poll similar to the one The OP put up, soooo...

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Er. There's a few other threads on ANAD Avengers. I know there's at least one other, and CBR had a poll similar to the one The OP put up, soooo...
    The worst reaction that Marvel could get from the ANAD books is apathy, and I feel that's exactly what is happening. If we take a look at the number of people watching these boards or worst yet, reacting to ANAD in social media, it's clear that the reaction is meh at it's very best. There's just no effort and real investment to get people to actually care about these books. DC didn't have a lot of top talent with their relaunch either, but at least they had Grant Morrison, Scott Snyder and Geoff Johns. Marvel has Dan Slott, Mark Waid and... Warren Ellis writing an Inhuman character that I can't even remember his name. For things to be truly ANAD and exciting, a massive overhaul and editorial shake up needs to happen. With money being thrown to get top talent involved with Marvel again and truly giving them incentives to make their best stories as writers for hire. As long as Disney and Feige don't realize the importance of the Marvel Comics line, we are screwed. Marvel fanboys and/or apologists or not.

Tons of ANAD Avengers has already been happening in the past with a lot of the other threads and the FCBD issue thread. Not to mention the fact that we don't even know what kind of opening story we'll be getting.

Ever thought of that possibility, doomsayers? Perhaps for once it's not because of Marvel supposedly going down the crapper and waiting for new info would be a good option.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Tons of ANAD Avengers has already been happening in the past with a lot of the other threads and the FCBD issue thread. Not to mention the fact that we don't even know what kind of opening story we'll be getting.

Ever thought of that possibility, doomsayers? Perhaps for once it's not because of Marvel supposedly going down the crapper and waiting for new info would be a good option.
    Just search ANAD Marvel or variations of that on the main social networks and take a look. The reactions are sparse and it's clear that Marvel is not really doing a good job getting people excited with this relaunch. It's not about being a doomsayer, I'd love to be proved wrong, but it's not looking like I will. As long as Marvel don't pay well their top talent, we won't get a truly ANAD Marvel. Which is a shame, I'd love to be excited with what Marvel is doing, but they can't expect all the best creators will stay out of love for the characters like Dan Slott does.

Hmm, guess I'm not a people then, because I'm sure as hell damn excited for ANAD Avengers. It's the first team book ever that I'll be reading.

And I'm pretty sure that there are other people who are just as excited, and will go into this new venture with an open mind. And I could go on for a while at how the main social networks are not always a measurable, credible source for people consensus. You might as well add Youtube comments to the list of "sources" that say people aren't excited for it while you're still on a role showcasing how you must be a riot at parties with your contagious pessimism.
    Last edited by Xalfrea; 09-03-2015 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Hmm, guess I'm not a people then, because I'm sure as hell damn excited for ANAD Avengers. It's the first team book ever that I'll be reading.

And I'm pretty sure that there are other people who are just as excited, and will go into this new venture with an open mind.
    I'm not saying that you are not a person; neither I'm saying that there won't be people interested on it. I liked Avengers: Age of Ultron (the movie) but Disney still saw that as a disappointment. Why? Because it should have gathered more interest meaning that it should have made more money. I'm anticipating that this Marvel relaunch might do worse than New52's, and that's a shame because I'd love to be interested in the new books. But oh well, I digress.

BANNED

Ms. Marvel still has a following. They're likely to buy this.

Well! It didn't take long at all for this thread to be dragged down with negative whining.

I'm looking forward to this book. Waid's a great writer, the cast is cool, there's some interesting teases about it. It should be good.

BANNED

any idea whose gonna do the regular cover? at first i thought the standard covers would be done by Alex Ross but i see them revealed to as variants

Kamala Khan. Easiest poll I ever voted on. There isn't even a close second.

She's not the only reason why I want to get this series, but her presence does make me more inclined to follow it, as I tend to follow all things Kamala Khan these days. She brings a sort of wide-eyed optimism that the Avengers haven't had since the pre-Decimation days. And after the events of Secret Wars, I think that's just what the Avengers need right now.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Putting folks in some kind of "important to me" ranking order:

* Ms. Marvel
    * Vision
    * Thor
    * Falcon America
    * Miles
    * Nova
    * Iron Man

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Kamala Khan. Easiest poll I ever voted on. There isn't even a close second.

She's not the only reason why I want to get this series, but her presence does make me more inclined to follow it, as I tend to follow all things Kamala Khan these days. She brings a sort of wide-eyed optimism that the Avengers haven't had since the pre-Decimation days. And after the events of Secret Wars, I think that's just what the Avengers need right now.
    Yeah, I'm in agreement with this. When the first ANAD Avengers news came out and it was her name mentioned first as part of the new roster, I completely flipped out and made it an insta-buy for me. I kinda hate to say it since I really don't want to put down the other characters of the roster, but I believe that the big main draw of ANAD Avengers...is the new Ms. Marvel. Either her or Miles Morales, IMO.

But it's thanks to this and Kamala Khan that now I'm interested in looking up the other characters. I want to know more about Vision. I'm curious to know just how Jane became the new Thor. I want to read up more on Miles Morales's adventures in the Ultimate Universe. I want to see how Sam Wilson was during his early days as the new Cap. I want to see Sam Alexander's space adventures. If I had the money and wasn't just confined to ANAD Avengers and Ms. Marvel, I'd probably end up buying the solo books of the ANAD Avengers roster too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Well! It didn't take long at all for this thread to be dragged down with negative whining.

I'm looking forward to this book. Waid's a great writer, the cast is cool, there's some interesting teases about it. It should be good.
    Agreed, and usually it's the same people over and over again. That's why I create appreciation threads, so that way we don't have to worry about people spreading that negative whining into those threads, unless they want to be banned of course lol.