Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: She-Hulk, #5

• She-Hulk & Hellcat must uncover the secrets of the Blue File - a conspiracy that touches the entire Marvel Universe!
    • This new mystery brings us She-Hulk's most terrifying role ever: DEFENDANT!
    • Charles Soule (THUNDERBOLTS) and Ron Wemberly (MIGHTY AVENGERS) continue the smash hit of All-New Marvel Now!

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    • She-Hulk & Hellcat must uncover the secrets of the Blue File - a conspiracy that touches the entire Marvel Universe!
    • This new mystery brings us She-Hulk's most terrifying role ever: DEFENDANT!
    • Charles Soule (THUNDERBOLTS) and Ron Wemberly (MIGHTY AVENGERS) continue the smash hit of All-New Marvel Now!

Full article here.
    I'm missing Pullido here, that's quite the change... it's interesting but a drastic change from what i was getting used to. Have to let it sink in a bit. Doesn't seem as "bright" i suppose.

Amazing Member

The art looks sloppy and not an improvement from the previous artist. It's not quirky -- it's lazy and I haven't purchased this title yet because of it.

Everything about this looks SO good. Love the way Soule writes this title and the new artist is so unique. Shocker is so great here. Arguably my favorite Marvel title.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

I have a simple reading for buying this comic: Soule's writing makes me happy. This is such a joyful read.

This new artist's style is ugly but interesting: like Pullido the way the panels are laid out, and his perspectives are quite unusual. Can't wait for this issue to arrive.
    "Self has no time for this."

I enjoyed the first four issues of She-Hulk
    The art for issue #5 has convinced me it is time to drop
    not only She-Hulk, but all Marvel Comics.
    ........... ok I will still buy All New X-Factor

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

She-Hulk has got to be Soule's best book. The writing is so nice and snappy. Love reading it every month.

Wimberly's art looks great, though. I think this is a good use of a fill-in artist, I don't think Pulido's art could have conveyed this script's action and atmosphere in the same way Wimberly does in this little vignette. Can't wait to pick this up.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Not exactly the best guest artist for me, but hey, for me She-Hulk comes first, the art second.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Thors that is great.

If you don't like the FILL-IN artist (I believe they're only doing two issues) DON'T drop the book. Simply skip these next two issues and pick it up when Pulido returns! This book is GREAT, and it needs all the sales it can get! I'm REALLY not a fan of the art here, but I'll pick it up just to support the book, realizing Pulido is coming back. With that said, I'm hoping they find a different fill-in artist for the next go around.

Astonishing Member

I don't know how anyone can reasonably call that art lazy. Boggles my mind.

What the **** am I looking at?! Did they really just find an artist that makes Javier Pullido look like Jack Kirby?!
    Last edited by AngryAtheist; 06-06-2014 at 09:15 AM.
    Back For Good Behavior!

Fantastic Member Supergirl's Pal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Not exactly the best guest artist for me, but hey, for me She-Hulk comes first, the art second.
    THIS.
    I still plan to buy this next Wednesday.

While this was created to sell soda, I appreciate what artist Ronald Wimberly has to say about his comics art.
    Last edited by Rasmane; 06-28-2014 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tedbragg View Post
    The art looks sloppy and not an improvement from the previous artist. It's not quirky -- it's lazy and I haven't purchased this title yet because of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    I have a simple reading for buying this comic: Soule's writing makes me happy. This is such a joyful read.

This new artist's style is ugly but interesting: like Pullido the way the panels are laid out, and his perspectives are quite unusual. Can't wait for this issue to arrive.
    I agree Soule's writing and storytelling is what keeps me intrigued, and I am at least invested to seeing the Blue File story through. If Wimberley is to be the main artist though moving forward, I will not be a She-Hulk reader after the Blue File story is over.