All-New Member

Default Sooo what's the Hulk's current status? (Spoilers for current Avengers books)

I guess as a preface, I should mention that while I love New Avengers, I'm reading regular Avengers only when i have some money to burn. This paycheck being one of those weeks (yay for money management!) and prompted by the recent revelations of the Hulk in New Avengers, I picked up the post-Infinity arc of Avengers, and I think I'm a little confused about how Hulk/Banner fits into the scheme of things.

SO to just bullet point the arc as I understand it:
    -AIM pulls a group of evil Avengers out of the multiverse with the same "universal auger" that they snagged Hyperion with. This group of Avengers came from a world that was experiencing an incursion
    -The evil Avengers cause a scene in Manhattan, in which they lose control of their Hulk/Bruce Banner, who they have control over in the first place due to his lobotomization and a handy on/off switch that has been destroyed
    -evil Banner, under his own free will, heads to a known safe house which, comically conveniently, the 616 Banner is in at the exact same moment
    -after a little waxing poetic, 616 Banner clocks evil Banner in the noggin, and jumps into a fight between the 616 Avengers and the evil Avengers as the Hulk
    -AIM temporarily freezes time and absconds with the evil Avengers

SO my first questions:
    -Did 616 Hulk/Banner jump into that fight with the intention that we wanted everyone to think that he was the evil Hulk/Banner?
    -Did 616 Hulk/Banner jump into that fight with the intention that he wanted to be taken away by AIM, or at least figure out what was going on with the evil Avengers?

Anyway:
    -AIM explains to the evil Avengers that they are going to send them to a new world, and AIM explains to 616 Banner (THINKING that he is the evil Banner) the crux of the ongoing storyline of New Avengers
    -Putting the pieces of the puzzle together, 616 Banner hulks out, gets free of AIM, and heads to Avengers Tower to confront Stark
    -With his back against the wall, Tony invites Banner to the Illuminati (which, by the way, when were the Illuminati outed? I cant remember what storyline that happened in)

Now here is what I'm kinda confused about:
    -Tony and 616 Banner arrange to have evil Banner brought into custody.

SO:
    is the current status of the 616 Hulk/Banner that to the world at large, everyone thinks he is under control of SHIELD, while is secretly is hanging out with the Illuminati? And SHIELD actually has evil Banner, who is unable to Hulk out at all?

I realize this will be only temporary, as the (or a) Hulk is on the cover of the Time Runs Out Avengers book, but I don't see the forest or the trees right now, to turn a phrase.

(and I also realize that this all flies in the face of Mark Waid's adjectiveless Hulk book or Gerry Duggan's plans for it, but frankly I support Marvel's current decision to let the writers of the individual books tell their own story, continuity be damned. But this isn't the conversation I'm trying to have right now)

Fantastic Member AnimalSquabbles's Avatar

Yup, Banner is in the illuminati while evil Banner is being detained.