Default Incredible Hulk in a Star Trek setting

... it would be curious to see Bruce Banner in a Star Trek setting, particularly the Original Series or the Next Generation. It would be nice to see the Hulk fight against some Trek monsters or a crew of Klingons, etc.

Could Trek science cure Banner of the mutation permanently? It could be interesting to see what the diagnosis is.

BANNED

Its likely that during the first rampage, when they find out that phasers on stun don't work? They just store him in the transporter buffer where the relevant engineering chief or ensign works on the problem in their spare time. A couple of episodes later, Banner's back and The Hulk is no more.

Trek tech is pretty insane in how its so flexible.

And.

Given the kind of stuff that a later-generation Federation ship can withstand(flying between pulsars and surviving, albeit with shields, including structural shielding, depleted. Also getting caught in the gravitational field of a black hole and not noticing it until they were nearly at the event horizon...) I doubt that even The Hulk is going to be much of a problem when it comes to containment.

Gamma radiation is child's play compared to the likes of Spock, Data, and LaForge. So curing him shouldn't be a problem. But I imagine that some of Hulk's feats would shatter the Enterprise-D's shields. Firing the Hulk out of a photo torpedo tube would be a devastating weapon, though.

This has no bearing on the fight because it's not canon, but I loved it when Gladiator, with a single punch, reduced the TOS-E's shields from 100% to 1%, as a warning.

"Did he just punch my ship?" -- Kirk

They cleverly decide the best solution is to lock onto the Hulk with the transporter and separate Banner from the Hulk, materializing Banner and leaving the Hulk in the transporter buffer. Of course, nothing could possibly go wrong here. The extreme gamma radiation could not possibly cause a transporter malfunction because those never happen.

So how much damage to you think a gamma irradiated Super Enterprise with the Hulk's personality will cause?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Gamma radiation is child's play compared to the likes of Spock, Data, and LaForge. So curing him shouldn't be a problem. But I imagine that some of Hulk's feats would shatter the Enterprise-D's shields. Firing the Hulk out of a photo torpedo tube would be a devastating weapon, though.

This has no bearing on the fight because it's not canon, but I loved it when Gladiator, with a single punch, reduced the TOS-E's shields from 100% to 1%, as a warning.

"Did he just punch my ship?" -- Kirk
    This reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Homer fires the Captain of a nuclear submarine through the torpedo tube.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    They cleverly decide the best solution is to lock onto the Hulk with the transporter and separate Banner from the Hulk, materializing Banner and leaving the Hulk in the transporter buffer. Of course, nothing could possibly go wrong here. The extreme gamma radiation could not possibly cause a transporter malfunction because those never happen.

So how much damage to you think a gamma irradiated Super Enterprise with the Hulk's personality will cause?
    The Enterprise? I don't think it will be vulnerable to the gamma radiation; it doesn't have the bio-neural circuits. The Voyager, on the other hand might be for that very reason.

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    The Enterprise? I don't think it will be vulnerable to the gamma radiation; it doesn't have the bio-neural circuits. The Voyager, on the other hand might be for that very reason.
    Voyager would be more vulnerable. But remember, Marvel Gamma radiation isn't real Gamma radiation. It's green turn men into emerald monsters plot device Gamma radiation.

Voyager would be more vulnerable. But remember, Marvel Gamma radiation isn't real Gamma radiation. It's green turn men into emerald monsters plot device Gamma radiation.
    It turns out that Marvel Gamma radiation doesn't affect Voyager because the ship is now an Inhuman, for some reason.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    It turns out that Marvel Gamma radiation doesn't affect Voyager because the ship is now an Inhuman, for some reason.
    OR it got infested by God-Khess again. Who dismantles Hulk at the planck-scale.

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    OR it got infested by God-Khess again. Who dismantles Hulk at the planck-scale.
    By cross-circuiting the plasma coils with the phase inducers and channeling them through the holo-emitters, they generate a stable inter-phase constant which neutralizes interdimensional gamma radiation.

Loki: "I have an army."
    Tony Stark: "We have a Hulk."
    Captain Janeway: "We have technobabble."
    Loki and Stark: "Gulp."

By cross-circuiting the plasma coils with the phase inducers and channeling them through the holo-emitters, they generate a stable inter-phase constant which neutralizes interdimensional gamma radiation.

Loki: "I have an army."
    Tony Stark: "We have a Hulk."
    Captain Janeway: "We have technobabble."
    Loki and Stark: "Gulp."
    Comic Tony Stark: "We have Reed."
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Putting aside techno-babble means of a cure, it seems that Bruce might really benefit from exploring Vulcan philosophy and emotional control techniques to help him control himself and Hulk's manifestations. Or if he's really ambitious, go for Kolinahr and purge all rage and anger out of him so he'd never Hulk Out again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Putting aside techno-babble means of a cure, it seems that Bruce might really benefit from exploring Vulcan philosophy and emotional control techniques to help him control himself and Hulk's manifestations. Or if he's really ambitious, go for Kolinahr and purge all rage and anger out of him so he'd never Hulk Out again.
    Good idea though, of course, it would never happen plot-wise.

Vulcan Master: "This consciousness that calls out to you from space (conveniently right when we were going to give you this cool necklace) touches your Hulk side."

Banner: "The Hulk is part of who I am. I need my Hulk. I need my anger. Did I really just say that?"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    It might however, give us Professor Hulk. And that would be all kinds of awesome.