View Poll Results: The feels....

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this is a great development for both!

10 8.13%
  • I'm Neutral on them hooking up.

29 23.58%
  • No, no, NOOOOOOO~!!!!

73 59.35%
  • No comment/Other.

11 8.94%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I heard that was Johnny Storm. Seriously.
    Me too. Which may lead to a Human Torch/Iron Man feud. Those two guys fighting over the same woman? Hilarious.

And Medusa is just like, "I can have you both; I'm a queen like that. Continue fighting for my amusement, though."

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

LOL Well I haven't heard anything of Tony falling for Medusa but wait and see I guess

I heard that was Johnny Storm. Seriously.
    Wasn't Johnny Storm in love with Medusa in the Lee/ Kirby run? Then he saw Crystal and forgot all about her.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Yes but I'd heard that in the post-Secret Wars arc that Johnny and Medusa were going to have a thing. Nothing concrete mind just something I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Not if they use the time skip to make her get over it but hang out with another super.
    That would be some weak tea. Especially since what happened in Superior was a renewal of her aversion to being around superheroes after getting over it over time.

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    i'm open to the seeing before criticising, but i don't really think mj needs to become powered in any sort of way. she's fine as a regular human and the marvel u could stand to have a few more of those...
    The Marvel Universe (and DCU) could stand to have a few more regular regular people in fact. Even among civilians in the books, most people are professionals of some kind. There seem to be fewer and fewer working class/blue collar characters over time.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Bendis may not mind the assumptions, but he has recently noted there's a point where the wild theories and accusations get a little out of control before folks have the full information.
    Marvel fosters the speculation as part of their marketing push. They've clearly been coy about MJ's role in Iron Man in ways that imply the possibility of a romantic entanglement. Mentioning Tony likes red heads in the very press release informing the public that MJ is going to be in the book is meant to do this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    That would be some weak tea. Especially since what happened in Superior was a renewal of her aversion to being around superheroes after getting over it over time.

The Marvel Universe (and DCU) could stand to have a few more regular regular people in fact. Even among civilians in the books, most people are professionals of some kind. There seem to be fewer and fewer working class/blue collar characters over time.

Marvel fosters the speculation as part of their marketing push. They've clearly been coy about MJ's role in Iron Man in ways that imply the possibility of a romantic entanglement. Mentioning Tony likes red heads in the very press release informing the public that MJ is going to be in the book is meant to do this.
    It's not the speculations that bother him. It's the running with the speculations and jumping all over Bendis before the book hits the shelf.

But by now, really, we should be able to see all that for the red herring that it is. Mention he likes redheads in the same press release? May get folks talking, but definite sign that they're not getting together.

BANNED

It's not the speculations that bother him. It's the running with the speculations and jumping all over Bendis before the book hits the shelf.

But by now, really, we should be able to see all that for the red herring that it is. Mention he likes redheads in the same press release? May get folks talking, but definite sign that they're not getting together.
    Then again Bendis has abandoned quality for contorversy some time ago. He might just reveal how they are not a couple then have them end up together anyways.

There is a difference between speculating about what'll happen in a book, and what the response will be.

"Could X happen?" can be an interesting discussion. "X will happen, and it'll suck!" not so much.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stahlflamme View Post
    Then again Bendis has abandoned quality for contorversy some time ago. He might just reveal how they are not a couple then have them end up together anyways.
    Then reveal it was a dream and they're really not together, after which it's revealed it was a dream within a dream within a dream and they're together, but then one of them is an LMD and the other is secretly the other but brainwashed.

My god, Bendis. How far are you willing to take this ruse?

BANNED

LOL Well I haven't heard anything of Tony falling for Medusa but wait and see I guess
    tony and cyclops really have a thing for redheads, if I was a comic writer i would make the two falling in love for the same redhead, it could be Medusa

LOL That's how Avengers vs X-Men 2 will start. Iron Man and Cyclops will go to their respective teams ranting and raving about how the other one needs to be stopped with their team-mates supporting them and they go to war with one another.

Of course somewhere around the middle of the story they can realise what the war is all about but by that stage it'll be too late so they continue on regardless

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XMLXXs Man View Post
    Marvel ought to try something shockingly new, and depict a male-female friendship that never becomes sexual.
    I'm not sure how common that really is. It happens sometimes, of course, both in real life and in Marvel comics. I don't think it would be shocking so much as kind of boring and mundane. In my experience, they usually end up physical, at least for a while. I would have to think that a platonic relationship is even less likely in the case of an egotistical, hyper-rich, brilliant superhero with an addictive personality and a history of getting around.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    I'm not sure how common that really is. It happens sometimes, of course, both in real life and in Marvel comics. I don't think it would be shocking so much as kind of boring and mundane. In my experience, they usually end up physical, at least for a while. I would have to think that a platonic relationship is even less likely in the case of an egotistical, hyper-rich, brilliant superhero with an addictive personality and a history of getting around.
    That presumption fails to account for the fact that MJ would have something to say about whether it gets physical.

Mighty Member

I'm also feeling a bit of a double standard... We love to talk about our male heroes next love interests, and a lot of posts and threads here are about who Peter should/could date next. It's a given that he will move on and have future romantic involvements. The poll, and other threads that I have read, seem to suggest that Mary Jane should remain in a chaste, relationship-free cocoon until called upon by Peter again.

It's also interesting to see the different reactions re: what Peter hooking up with MJ means, and what MJ potentially hooking up with Tony would mean. For Peter, hooking up with a model is a smash homerun, a major feather, and just plain awesome. Whereas the potential of MJ hooking up with Tony is seen by some as her slumming it, lowering her standards, disrespecting herself, etc. Considering that Tony is a wealthy, successful, handsome superhero, it's kind of an odd line of thinking. If Tony were a female,and MJ a male, he would be a TOTAL "catch", negatives and all.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    That presumption fails to account for the fact that MJ would have something to say about whether it gets physical.

She would have a choice, obviously... I didn't think it had to be stated...? Having said that, I think it's totally believable and understandable that she would be interested in the handsome,physically hot, brilliant, adventuresome and heroic (usually) Tony Stark. He has faults, of course, but he also has a lot going for him. Especially keeping in mind that MJ has no idea about some of the things that we fans know and hold against him. She only knows the public persona and whatever (if anything) she remembers from her interactions with him pre-OMD.