Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I don't think Thor will have any time for esoterics against the sheer raw power of Kyle at the bell

Then again Thor can absorb massive amounts of energy with his hammer . Which incidentally might also be the deciding factor in the team fight

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMale View Post
    So...if Kyle and Thor square off and J'on and Surfer duke it out....

I suppose it's essentially the same fight as Surfer and Kyle. Thor can transmute using Mjolnir and has some nice energy projection....not to mention he defeated Durok with an AoE energy strike in Disassembled. Hmmmm....what about time dump for Thor against Kyle?

As far as J'onny and Surfer, I have to assume J'onn would win in what becomes reduced to a telepathic battle.
    The problem with the latter is that the Surfer has some really solid telepathic resistance/willpower/spiritual resilience/that kind of thing even to the scale of things J'onn can dish out. Trying to engage him mentally is basically like going "please use all your powers against me while I hit my head against this rock!"

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Wasn't Surfer also juiced up further by Galactus a few years back as well? Not sure if his feats since then have actually borne that out, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Wasn't Surfer also juiced up further by Galactus a few years back as well? Not sure if his feats since then have actually borne that out, though.
    In theory, sort of, but no, not really. In that order.

So...if Kyle and Thor square off and J'on and Surfer duke it out....

I suppose it's essentially the same fight as Surfer and Kyle. Thor can transmute using Mjolnir and has some nice energy projection....not to mention he defeated Durok with an AoE energy strike in Disassembled. Hmmmm....what about time dump for Thor against Kyle?

As far as J'onny and Surfer, I have to assume J'onn would win in what becomes reduced to a telepathic battle.
    Wait what? When did this come to be?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Oh, having noticed this

not to mention he defeated Durok with an AoE energy strike in Disassembled.
    That was bunk considering what Durok had previously put up with, and also for Thor suddenly being able to godblast without the hammer. And also Durok having been so utterly overpowered to be held there while Thor charged up (and did nothing during such) despite again, how Durok had previously treated Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    The problem with the latter is that the Surfer has some really solid telepathic resistance/willpower/spiritual resilience/that kind of thing even to the scale of things J'onn can dish out. Trying to engage him mentally is basically like going "please use all your powers against me while I hit my head against this rock!"
    I seem to recall a feat from, like....epilogue of Thanos Imperative or some such.

Cosmos is trying to read Surfer's mind and the narrative reads something like, "....his mind is armored". Is that the feat you are referring to?
    ----------------------------------
    "...the guy who went to 'Nam and never came back..."

Oh, having noticed this

That was bunk considering what Durok had previously put up with, and also for Thor suddenly being able to godblast without the hammer. And also Durok having been so utterly overpowered to be held there while Thor charged up (and did nothing during such) despite again, how Durok had previously treated Thor.
    Good point.

As I recall Durok's initial appearance in Mighty Thor 192 and 193, Thor and Surfer together could do precisely nada against Durok. Surfer finally had to time BFR the guy.

Yeah, I see what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Wait what? When did this come to be?
    The transmute stuff? I seem to recall an old issue of JIM, Thor twirls his hammer and transmutes the Absorbing Man to helium (hydrogen?).

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Thor has at least a couple transmutation feats, though it's one of those things that probably takes too long to do to be relevant here.

I seem to recall a feat from, like....epilogue of Thanos Imperative or some such.

Cosmos is trying to read Surfer's mind and the narrative reads something like, "....his mind is armored". Is that the feat you are referring to?
    He's had various crap over the years. In Infinity Crusade, aside from being one of the only people (and certainly the earliest) to shake off the Goddess' mind control to the point of being able to take action against her, he also responded to Moondragon with the mind gem putting the whammy on him by getting up and mocking her. Moondragon with the gem putting the whammy on Xavier by contrast rendered him comatose. The Supreme Intelligence attempted to use the soul gem in a non soul rip way to, well, destroy the Surfer's soul, he failed after prolonged effort, that kind of thing.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Didn't Mephisto wind up hurting himself trying to attack Surfer's soul, or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Didn't Mephisto wind up hurting himself trying to attack Surfer's soul, or something?
    From the purity of it, yes. Though Jim Starlin would later decide "nuts to that!" *eyeroll*

He's had various crap over the years. In Infinity Crusade, aside from being one of the only people (and certainly the earliest) to shake off the Goddess' mind control to the point of being able to take action against her, he also responded to Moondragon with the mind gem putting the whammy on him by getting up and mocking her. Moondragon with the gem putting the whammy on Xavier by contrast rendered him comatose. The Supreme Intelligence attempted to use the soul gem in a non soul rip way to, well, destroy the Surfer's soul, he failed after prolonged effort, that kind of thing.
    Yeah....Cthulu was kind enough to point that out

"Uh dude?"

"Sup 'Thu?"

"There was the thing with Moondragon and, errrr....y'know....the mind gem n stuff"

*blank look on face, followed by light bulb*

"Oh yeeaaahhhhh. That thingies with the mind gem"

Thx Pen.