Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member Paulie Blade's Avatar

I hate being a critic of other people's work, but I really won't miss this run. Alex as a bearer was okay-ish, Caitlin Kittredge's writing was okay-ish and in the beginning I really liked Roberta Ingranata's art... until the copy-pasting started. I dare you to read this run and drink a shot every time this drawing of Ash's face pops up:
    ash.jpg
    Later issues felt like a gallery of images from previous issues. It killed my interest more than I'd expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    It already did that and also darkness reboot is said to have Sara return their.
    https://www.cbr.com/top-cow-relaunching-the-darkness/

Yes, But in 2018; is 2020 and Nothing

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/top-cow-relaunching-the-darkness/

Yes, But in 2018; is 2020 and Nothing
    Yeah there had been other witchblade users like masame and the ones of the previous comics

Yeah there had been other witchblade users like masame and the ones of the previous comics
    Do you mean Masane Amaha?

I enjoyed her anime series.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Do you mean Masane Amaha?

I enjoyed her anime series.
    Yeah her there was also a manga and light novel with different women taking on the witchblade.

It already did that

Did what exactly?
    and also darkness reboot is said to have Sara return their.
    I'm not holding my breath for that one, especially given that it was supposed to be out last year.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post

Did what exactly?

I'm not holding my breath for that one, especially given that it was supposed to be out last year.
    I mean they were already other users of the witchblade like Daphne and Katerina

I mean they were already other users of the witchblade like Daphne and Katerina
    And Sara was the bearer for most of the original 20-year run of the book. Doesn't mean that it can't work with someone else. I think the reason why Alex didn't catch on was that there was too much a disconnect with the previous continuity. That may have been a mistake. In trying to gain new readers, the reboot may have lost many of the longtime readers.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    And Sara was the bearer for most of the original 20-year run of the book. Doesn't mean that it can't work with someone else. I think the reason why Alex didn't catch on was that there was too much a disconnect with the previous continuity. That may have been a mistake. In trying to gain new readers, the reboot may have lost many of the longtime readers.
    Well like with Malcolm dragon from savage dragon replacing his father and jim downing in spawn until al returns? Like we had the Japanese witchblade users what do you think a new character would change much?
    Last edited by Toxin45; 04-10-2020 at 05:24 PM.

Well like with Malcolm dragon from savage dragon replacing his father and jim downing in spawn until al returns? Like we had the Japanese witchblade users what do you think a new character would change much?
    Pretty much everything and show that the Witchblade's story doesn't end with Sara Pezzini. Sara is the most well-known bearer, but she can't be the only one that works. It's like saying only Hal Jordan can be a Green Lantern or only Peter Parker can have spider powers.

Spectacular Member Paulie Blade's Avatar

I absolutely believe that Witchblade should have a new bearer. Having Sara return as the protagonist would only cater to whatever is left of the shrinking old generation of readers (including me). Having someone new would raise interest in a younger readerbase. There can always be a nod to Sara in having her appear as a 50-year old mentor or something like that.

BANNED

Darkness reboot.................NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :/

They don't need to reboot, they just need better writters. Bring back Garth Ennis, how much does he want ? Is Top Cow that poor ? why doesn't it happening..... T_T I don't want reboot. :/ Jackie Estacado is one of my favorite characters... I don't buy that book if it's not Jackie. :/ Ok, you can have a new Witchblade... But not Darkness... No sell without Jackie. Just bring in better writters.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    Darkness reboot.................NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :/

They don't need to reboot, they just need better writters. Bring back Garth Ennis, how much does he want ? Is Top Cow that poor ? why doesn't it happening..... T_T I don't want reboot. :/ Jackie Estacado is one of my favorite characters... I don't buy that book if it's not Jackie. :/ Ok, you can have a new Witchblade... But not Darkness... No sell without Jackie. Just bring in better writters.
    Jackie and Sara are gonna be supporting characters

Mighty Member

The end of the current witchblade has Alex still using the witchblade

Mighty Member

Also who are the villains and supporting cast in the alex underwood series?