Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast

Cool. I'm hoping the Darkness and the other artifacts get a shot too.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Cool. I'm hoping the Darkness and the other artifacts get a shot too.
    preview anterior page

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    preview anterior page
    I know, I'm just hoping for the future.

Incredible Member

TBH I have no interest in this. I think the moment has long passed for this concept (same goes for the fourth Hellboy movie that's being made). For me, Witchblade was best during the Turner and then Marz/Choi/Sejic years (including Artifacts). At this point you'd kind of need an Ellis/Hickman type rethinking/distillation of the concept, with an A-list creative team to boot.

Last year I figured further compendiums wouldn't be coming out, so I hunkered down and bought all the Marz TPBs (had read it as singles originally). I think all that combined makes for a strong start and finish to the Witchblade concept, and I'm happy enough with that and glad to move on.
    Last edited by newparisian; 02-22-2023 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    TBH I have no interest in this. I think the moment has long passed for this concept (same goes for the fourth Hellboy movie that's being made). For me, Witchblade was best during the Turner and then Marz/Choi/Sejic years (including Artifacts). At this point you'd kind of need an Ellis/Hickman type rethinking/distillation of the concept, with an A-list creative team to boot.

Last year I figured further compendiums wouldn't be coming out, so I hunkered down and bought all the Marz TPBs (had read it as singles originally). I think all that combined makes for a strong start and finish to the Witchblade concept, and I'm happy enough with that and glad to move on.
    I'm fond of the Wild Storm series Warren Ellis and Jon Davis Hunt did for DC back in 2019. So you could get them to give the Artifacts a boost.

Incredible Member

I'm fond of the Wild Storm series Warren Ellis and Jon Davis Hunt did for DC back in 2019. So you could get them to give the Artifacts a boost.
    Wild Storm was excellent. It brought together all their major properties in a cohesive way and set them up for a lot of future potential. Ellis really is excellent at this sort of reinventing thing. See also: James Bond, Thunderbolts, Supreme, Moon Knight, newuniversal, Iron Man Extremis, and to a lesser degree the Counter-X stuff back in the day.

Wild Storm was excellent. It brought together all their major properties in a cohesive way and set them up for a lot of future potential. Ellis really is excellent at this sort of reinventing thing. See also: James Bond, Thunderbolts, Supreme, Moon Knight, newuniversal, Iron Man Extremis, and to a lesser degree the Counter-X stuff back in the day.
    Yeah so he'd be perfect at rebuilding a Top Cow universe.

Incredible Member

Yeah so he'd be perfect at rebuilding a Top Cow universe.
    Agreed. I don't know if Hunt would be the best artist for it though. Not that it necessarily needs to be cheesecake, but the art should be pretty-pretty, like Sejic for example. Hunt is great but like, say, Frank Quitely (who is otherwise legendary) he's not who comes to mind first. I'd prefer Mike Choi or Jamal Campbell or someone a bit flashy like that. .

Agreed. I don't know if Hunt would be the best artist for it though. Not that it necessarily needs to be cheesecake, but the art should be pretty-pretty, like Sejic for example. Hunt is great but like, say, Frank Quitely (who is otherwise legendary) he's not who comes to mind first. I'd prefer Mike Choi or Jamal Campbell or someone a bit flashy like that. .
    Hunt did Shadowman recently so I thought he'd be a good fit.

Incredible Member

Hunt did Shadowman recently so I thought he'd be a good fit.
    Haven't read that. I checked out of Valiant years ago, around the time of Kindt's X-O run.

Mighty Member

Me still missing witchblade and darkness when will their new series come?

Also seen the anime and manga adaptions somewhat along with the light novel from japan wonder if they will show up in the main comics if the series gets revived?

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Me still missing witchblade and darkness when will their new series come?

Also seen the anime and manga adaptions somewhat along with the light novel from japan wonder if they will show up in the main comics if the series gets revived?
    A team-up of multiversal-proportions between Masane Amaha & The Pez would be totally Awesome (IMHO):

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    A team-up of multiversal-proportions between Masane Amaha & The Pez would be totally Awesome (IMHO):

Indeed along with the witchblade manga and Japanese novel