Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ghost Machine

Extraordinary Member

Default Ghost Machine

NY Times: A Comic Book Upstart Seeks to Shake Up the Industry

Bleeding Cool: Johns, Hitch, Frank, Fabok, Tomasi, Meltzer & Manapul's Ghost Machine
    Bryan Hitch, Jason Fabok, Peter J. Tomasi, Francis Manapul, Gary Frank, Maytal Zchut, Lamont Magee, Brad Meltzer and Geoff Johns are launching a new comic book publisher through Image Comics, called Ghost Machine as a creator-owned and creator-shared universe of storytelling, set up by the already published Geoff Johns/Gary Frank and Bryan Hitch comics Geiger, Junkyard Joe and Redcoat. These are the four universes that make up the imprint, Ghost Machine, Rook Exodus, Family Odysseys and one more.

Wow, that's a pretty big talent pool.

Extraordinary Member

Extraordinary Member

GHOST MACHINE, FIRST-OF-ITS-KIND CREATOR-OWNED AND OPERATED MEDIA COMPANY LAUNCHES AT NEW YORK COMIC CON
    The company plans to announce additional talent in the months ahead, including one major superstar creator. All creators will be exclusive to Ghost Machine for their comics work after completing their already committed to projects.
    A two-issue prequel series, GEIGER: GROUND ZERO by Geoff Johns and Gary Frank, ships in November and December before Ghost Machine’s first official release in January 2024 with GHOST MACHINE #1, a 64-page special which will introduce its FOUR SHARED UNIVERSES of characters: 1) THE UNNAMED; revealing a mysterious group of genre heroes from across history, featuring characters and titles like GEIGER, JUNKYARD JOE, REDCOAT and FIRST GHOST. A GEIGER series, based on Geoff Johns and Gary Frank’s hit comic of the same name, is already in development at Paramount TV with director Justin Simien. 2) ROOK: EXODUS; a sprawling sci-fi epic which takes place in the far future, on a world where every aspect of nature is controlled by humanity. 3) The universe of FAMILY ODYSSEYS centering around the time displaced family, THE ROCKETFELLERS, and their friends. And 4) An epic HORROR UNIVERSE co-created and illustrated by one of our secret superstar artists to be announced, currently under contract. Following Ghost Machine #1, Ghost Machine’s titles will begin shipping in April 2024 with an all-new ongoing GEIGER series, REDCOAT and ROOK: EXODUS.

Looking forward to Rook: Exodus.

Will check out Red coat(getting Vandal savage, Eternal warrior vibes from him), and Family odyssey.

Amazing Member

I actually picked up the Geiger and Junkyard Joe trades today and plan to back everything from the company. Such a great lineup of creators. A couple I am unfamiliar with, but I'll give everything a shot. I see no reason they can't outsell Marvel and DC if they keep adding this level of talent now that Marvel and DC are basically unsaleable books no one wants.

I feel like DC in particular is losing it's best writers and artists.

This is a lineup of creators that would've seemed like a huge coup by Image... in 2010.

In 2023, it's less impressive. Except for the great Francis Manapul, these all feel like creators whose hey-day is behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    This is a lineup of creators that would've seemed like a huge coup by Image... in 2010.

In 2023, it's less impressive. Except for the great Francis Manapul, these all feel like creators whose hey-day is behind them.
    Ahhh 2010. A better time!

Although honestly many of these guys were still the best talent that DC had. Hopefully they’re excited and bring some of their old energy to this new venture.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

I'm gonna cut back on Marvel and DC for more indie comics so I'm gonna keep an eye out.

Rook interests me the most but I'm gonna try out the one shot.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-15-2023 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post

I assume Johns' stuff must be selling well enough already for them to feel more confident about a whole imprint or universe.

I couldn’t get into GEIGER, though I liked JUNKYARD JOE.

I’ll def. take a look at ROCKETFELLERS and REDCOAT. Those seem pretty interesting!

He will only work for Ghost Machine now ?

Astonishing Member

Reminds me of Crossgen but different genres.