Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

I'd prefer a new bearer too tbh. Jackies progression from young, hedonistic hitman to head of the mob with wife and kid felt like a complete arc of development and whilst TC dropped the ball with his death, I did like having it ending with Hope becoming the new bearer.

I'd be interested to see if the new series has a completly new protagonist or if they'll use Hope (and thus tie-in to the old continuity?)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    Top Cow doesn't have to do anything. Batman is around for more than 80 years and he's still Bruce Wayne, there is not such thing as a character had his run. Only thing Top Cow has to do is bring a good writter&artist team to the books. I believe even if Top Cow has a new character as The Darkness in this new reboot, it won't last. The original character Jackie Estacado will be back.
    The difference between Top Cow and DC is that DC is timeless unlike Top Cow which is in need for a constant change or two.

Spectacular Member Paulie Blade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    I'd prefer a new bearer too tbh. Jackies progression from young, hedonistic hitman to head of the mob with wife and kid felt like a complete arc of development and whilst TC dropped the ball with his death, I did like having it ending with Hope becoming the new bearer.

I'd be interested to see if the new series has a completly new protagonist or if they'll use Hope (and thus tie-in to the old continuity?)
    I was really hoping to see Hope (no pun intended) as the bearer in the new series. Unfortunately it seems unlikely to me - I'm not sure where I read this (perhaps in an interview with the new Witchblade team), but it was somewhere suggested that the new Darkness will tie in to the new Witchblade, and as supposedly new Witchblade's continuity is different from the old one, I wouldn't hold my breath for Hope.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    The difference between Top Cow and DC is that DC is timeless unlike Top Cow which is in need for a constant change or two.
    I don't think DC, Marvel, Top Cow, Image etc. any different from each other.

I will get the new on going even if it's a reboot with a replacement but when they collect it as a Compendium HC. I'm a Compendium, Omnibus HC you name it collector guy.

I hope Top Cow will reprint Compendium vol. 1s for Witchblade and The Darkness btw.
    Last edited by Gurz; 04-08-2018 at 02:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    I don't think DC, Marvel, Top Cow, Image etc. any different from each other.

I will get the new on going even if it's a reboot with a replacement but when they collect it as a Compendium HC. I'm a Compendium, Omnibus HC you name it collector guy.

I hope Top Cow will reprint Compendium vol. 1s for Witchblade and The Darkness btw.
    I wouldnt bank on it. The third Witchblade Compendium was cancelled so presumably it just wasnt cost effective.

TC also made mention that Witchblade is gonna be reprinted in chunky 20-issue trades so that probably takes precident over any HC collections.

BANNED

I wouldnt bank on it. The third Witchblade Compendium was cancelled so presumably it just wasnt cost effective.

TC also made mention that Witchblade is gonna be reprinted in chunky 20-issue trades so that probably takes precident over any HC collections.
    Oh really, that's too bad... I won't buy if they don't make compendium HCs. :/ Or the ones like DC absolute edition, if they publish witchblade and darkness in that format, i would be all over them.

I finally found some time and started my The Darkness Compendium HC vol. 2 last night. I really missed to read The Darkness, i only read 3 issues but it was so much fun. I'm at where the The Darkness took down The Triplets and he was about to take down mafia boss Paulie. Jackie was like, i need help to take down Paulie but i don't understand why... He can kill them all with his Darkness powers easly, if you ask me.

WITCHBLADE #7

WRITER: CAITLIN KITTREDGE

ARTIST / COVER: ROBERTA INGRANATA

NEW STORY ARC -- "GOOD INTENTIONS," Part One Breaking a demon's stranglehold on New York City was only the beginning for Alex and Team Witchblade -- now somebody much worse than a demon wants the Artifact, and they'll do anything to get it.

32 pages, $3.99, in stores on August 8.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Hmmmmmm....

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Anyone excited for Aphrodite V? The art looks amazing and the series looks like it's going to be great! I'm a huge Aphrodite fan, and I can't wait for V. I mean look at this art!

I'm also enjoying Cyber Force, I'm loving the new set up and story. Interested in learning about the two Aphrodites in that lol.

What about you guys?
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Spectacular Member Paulie Blade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Anyone excited for Aphrodite V? The art looks amazing and the series looks like it's going to be great! I'm a huge Aphrodite fan, and I can't wait for V. I mean look at this art!

I'm also enjoying Cyber Force, I'm loving the new set up and story. Interested in learning about the two Aphrodites in that lol.

What about you guys?
    I'm really looking forward to Aphrodite V. I dug all the IX runs (even the infamous (?) original run). The art looks captivating.

And when it comes to Cyber Force, I was really eager to check this, as I somewhat trust that stuff written by Matt Hawkins is good, and I have a soft spot in my heart for original Image titles, but I am really sorry to admit that the art somewhat turns me off. It's very "polite", too clean for my taste. I dunno. I hate being a critic. I really wish I liked this run.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie Blade View Post
    I'm really looking forward to Aphrodite V. I dug all the IX runs (even the infamous (?) original run). The art looks captivating.
    I've loved all of Aphrodite IX's runs. I find this character very interesting, which is strange for me, cause I normally don't like sci-fi kinda stories. I enjoyed David's original four issue series (5 with #0, if I recall right). My only problem with it was that it was overly wordy, sometimes and so I found myself losing focus a bit, and had to read it over. But everything after that has been amazing! And I'm so excited for Jeff Spokes! I love his art and it looks amazing and fits Aphrodite V very well!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie Blade View Post
    And when it comes to Cyber Force, I was really eager to check this, as I somewhat trust that stuff written by Matt Hawkins is good, and I have a soft spot in my heart for original Image titles, but I am really sorry to admit that the art somewhat turns me off. It's very "polite", too clean for my taste. I dunno. I hate being a critic. I really wish I liked this run.
    I could see that, the art has a strangely soft feel to it, I believe this artist has worked on Cyber Force before, though I may be wrong. I've enjoyed the writing and the changes in story, so I'm sticking with it. I mean, they said they have only 25 issues planned for it, so they may end after that. Who knows. All I know is I'm loving this Top Cow Universe relaunch!

Speaking of which, or Witch haha. I read issue six of Witchblade today and I enjoyed it a lot. Good end to the first arc. I'm not sure how I feel about the design of the new Witchblade, but I may just have to get use to it (I mean, where is the blade part?). But I'm enjoying Alex's story and can't wait for the next arc.

Also, maybe I'm reading into things to much...But I feel like there was a darkness hint in this issue, with who the demon was...idk, wishful thinking maybe?
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 06-14-2018 at 09:37 AM.
    Pulls:

I wish theyd give a bit of back story to the guy mentoring Alex, though. He just kinda turned up with all this knowledge of past bearers and it was accepted and moving on! Lol.

I wish theyd give a bit of back story to the guy mentoring Alex, though. He just kinda turned up with all this knowledge of past bearers and it was accepted and moving on! Lol.
    Yeah, they kinda talked about it a bit in issue six, but it just left us with more questions. So hopefully we will learn that stuff soon.
    Pulls: