Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member Paulie Blade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Also, maybe I'm reading into things to much...But I feel like there was a darkness hint in this issue, with who the demon was...idk, wishful thinking maybe?
    Well, there is supposed to be The Darkness relaunch later this year, right? If this means the two storylines will intertwine, I think I will jizz like a fanboy.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie Blade View Post
    Well, there is supposed to be The Darkness relaunch later this year, right? If this means the two storylines will intertwine, I think I will jizz like a fanboy.
    Well, like I said, I may have been reading too much into things, but we shall see. Yeah, they said a new Darkness will be out in late 2018, or early 2019. I'm hoping to here something when I go to SDCC next month! Even if I'm wrong and they don't intertwine now, I'm sure they will in the future, this series already has talked about the Witchblade being an artfact, so I'm sure it will happen!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Here is an early review for Aphrodite V! I didn't read it all the way, cause spoilers (so yes, beware of spoilers), but it got a 92% or a 4.5/5 stars, so yay! Looking forward to it even more!

https://comicsverse.com/aphrodite-v-1/
    Pulls:

WITCHBLADE (2017) #8

WRITER: CAITLIN KITTREDGE
    ARTIST / COVER A: ROBERTA INGRANATA

SEPTEMBER 12 / 32 PAGES / FC / M / $$3.99

“GOOD INTENTIONS,” Part Two

Alex and Debbie work to unravel the mystery of Johnny’s reappearance—and where he’s been for the past six years. The answers don’t lead anywhere good.

You forgot these haha. I feel like this is the right place to put them, as they are in the same Universe.

APHRODITE V #3

WRITER:*BRYAN HILL
    ARTIST / COVER:*JEFF SPOKES

SEPTEMBER 19 / 32 PAGES / FC / M / $3.99

The secrets of BASILISK are revealed and Aphrodite must help Martin and Hui-Men defend a city from the technological sins of Martin’s father.

APHRODITE IX: ARES (ONE-SHOT)

WRITER:*LEON GLASER
    ARTIST / COVER:*SARA KNAEPEN

SEPTEMBER 05 / 32 PAGES / FC / T+ / $3.99

An all-new one-shot from Top Cow Talent Hunt winners! In this one-shot revisiting the IXth GENERATION series, a chance encounter with Aphrodite IX makes a cyborg soldier risk everything to escape his cruel master’s domain.

CYBER FORCE (2018) #6

WRITER:*BRYAN HILL,*MATT HAWKINS
    ARTIST / COVER A:*ATILIO ROJO

SEPTEMBER 26 / 32 PAGES / FC / M / $3.99

Stryker vs. Ripclaw! To balance the chaos of the blackout, Stryker needs a team and wants Ripclaw on it… but Ripclaw has his own battle to fight and won’t let Morgan Stryker stand in his way.

I'm really looking forward to all of these and Witchblade. These covers are great, and I also didn't see that one shot coming haha. Got to make sure to add that to my pull. Hopefully The Darkness will be joining them next month!
    Pulls:

Its been a while since ive read Cyber Force (2012). Cant remember but is the current series a prequel to that or a complete reboot a la Witchblade?
    Either way, its interesting that theyve still putting out a IXth Generation related one-shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Its been a while since ive read Cyber Force (2012). Cant remember but is the current series a prequel to that or a complete reboot a la Witchblade?
    Either way, its interesting that theyve still putting out a IXth Generation related one-shot.
    I guess Matt Hawkins explained once that in the end of the Cyberforce (Artifacts)/Aphrodite IX/IXth Generation storyline the events that happened reset the entire universe (I don't exactly remember what it was), so technically it's a reboot, but it's consistent with the previous books. Does that make sense? Maybe I messed something up.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie Blade View Post
    I guess Matt Hawkins explained once that in the end of the Cyberforce (Artifacts)/Aphrodite IX/IXth Generation storyline the events that happened reset the entire universe (I don't exactly remember what it was), so technically it's a reboot, but it's consistent with the previous books. Does that make sense? Maybe I messed something up.
    This is spoilers for the Gen IX series so I shall put it in a spoiler tag
    At the end of Gen IX, Aphrodite IX was fighting her mother in a new body(on if the other Gen IX, Volicty's daughter, and they fought throughout time for many, many generations in what seemed like a never ending battle because they both didn't want to really kill the other. Aphrodite wanted it to end, so she used the Shadow Dial artifact to travel back to when her creator/mother was a small girl and killed her. After that Aphrodite traveled back to the future, only to see the world was still ending.
    But basically, that changed history and have us the current Cyber Force, made by a different person and company (with the same name). Also couldn't figure out how to do the spoiler tag thing lol. Never used it before. So sorry if some can read that XD. However, there is a mysterious Aphrodite in the current Cyber Force, my theory is it's Aphrodite IX, from the GEN IX series. So I think they're could be a connection.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 06-20-2018 at 01:01 PM.
    Pulls:

Amazing Member

Hey! New fan of Witchblade and been loving the series so far. So is it officially confirmed that Cyber Force and APHRODITE V are in the new rebooted Top Cow universe, much like how a new The Darkness series likely would be? I wanna make sure I'm picking up all the stuff that takes place in the rebooted universe as it's been a great jumping on point for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SediarSago View Post
    Hey! New fan of Witchblade and been loving the series so far. So is it officially confirmed that Cyber Force and APHRODITE V are in the new rebooted Top Cow universe, much like how a new The Darkness series likely would be? I wanna make sure I'm picking up all the stuff that takes place in the rebooted universe as it's been a great jumping on point for me.
    I would imagine they are. Im not sure its been outright stated but given that CF is itself a reboot of the previous stuff and you can jump in without needing any prior knowledge, then its a good place to jump on either way.

Thanks for the link.

Kittredge: The cast we lovingly refer to as Team Witchblade will still be Alex's core support going forward, but we're going to introduce plenty more types of monsters, new antagonists and new allies in future books. And rest assured, I have been campaigning with the powers that be to have some familiar faces show up in the book, so we'll see!
    Wonder who she means. I wouldn't mind a Sara cameo.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SediarSago View Post
    I would imagine they are. Im not sure its been outright stated but given that CF is itself a reboot of the previous stuff and you can jump in without needing any prior knowledge, then its a good place to jump on either way.
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat as Sediar. If you check TC's website, it has those titles under the "Top Cow Universe" and not "Top Cow Productions". So it's safe to infer that they are in a shared universe.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Mind MGMT, Promethea

WITCHBLADE #9

WRITER: CAITLIN KITTREDGE
    ARTIST / COVER: ROBERTA INGRANATA
    OCTOBER 10 / 32 PAGES / FC / M / $3.99
    “GOOD INTENTIONS,” Part Three
    While Alex and an unlikely ally try to get inside N-GEN, Johnny’s mysterious employer, Alex must also deal with the fallout of Legion’s demise as a host of demons vie for supremacy in NYC.

Okay. I'm starting to root for this armor.