Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

This has to be a good sign that Jackie's on his way back.

(half cross-posted from Reddit)

I might be preaching to the choir here, since people on this thread have likely read some/a lot of Witchblade, but I've never read any of them, and am hella excited for the first Complete Witchblade compendium coming out early next year. I had always held off on checking it out since the collected editions were kind of all over the place. It looks as though they also intend to gather together some issues of other titles (e.g. The Darkness) where they strongly intersect with the Witchblade story. Reminds me of IDW's turtles hardcovers that gather everything into one ordered, readable package. Much appreciated and very cool.

Witchblade 17 preview conclued 18

That's wonderful. I might consider this a purchase.

Although, I'm worried about that last comment concerning pages falling out.

I would consider that digital tier for $30, but since I paid less than that on a Top Cow Humble Bundle a few years ago that contained issues 70-185, it's a hard pass.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

Today Witchblade 18 Series finale

Preview

Last edited by juan678; 03-18-2020 at 11:53 AM.

Goodbye Witchblade new

That is a great deal! Too bad I own most of those from previous Humble Bundles.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Goodbye Witchblade new
    I want Sarah Pezzini back. I don't like this new witchblade so it's good.

Is there any news that The Darkness and Witchblade Compendium, vol. 1 Hard Covers will have new reprints ? any of you know anything ?

As much as I liked Sara, I really don't want to see her back. It's kinda like saying Sara can be the only real bearer of the Witchblade. There's definitely a sense of familiarity with Sara since she was the bearer for nearly all of the 20-year original run of the series, but I do think it can work with another. The recently concluded reboot was a valiant try to do something different, but it probably tossed out the baby with the bathwater too in the process. It may have lost too many fans of the original and it might have been better if it had stayed in the same continuity. I personally don't think there was a tremendous difference between Sara and Alex as far as their characterizations go, but without the rest of the Top Cow Universe (including Sara) behind her, Alex and the new Witchblade continuity just didn't catch on, IMO.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    As much as I liked Sara, I really don't want to see her back. It's kinda like saying Sara can be the only real bearer of the Witchblade. There's definitely a sense of familiarity with Sara since she was the bearer for nearly all of the 20-year original run of the series, but I do think it can work with another. The recently concluded reboot was a valiant try to do something different, but it probably tossed out the baby with the bathwater too in the process. It may have lost too many fans of the original and it might have been better if it had stayed in the same continuity. I personally don't think there was a tremendous difference between Sara and Alex as far as their characterizations go, but without the rest of the Top Cow Universe (including Sara) behind her, Alex and the new Witchblade continuity just didn't catch on, IMO.
    It already did that and also darkness reboot is said to have Sara return their.