Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member ShadowSwordmaster's Avatar

Well now , there goes Jackie.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    Jake was dull as dishwater, but his death was very well-written. Gleason was okay, even if Sara never was willing to say she loved him, but I never got into Sara/Jackie. And Ian Nottingham was annoying for all but maybe three issues. I liked Cain, but I like the lack of a love interest in the book now even more.
    I always thought at times that he was written badly so that he wouldn't take any of Sara's thunder, and that time he got shot she kept thinking that she should say those three little words to him, in the end it was please don't die but I never believed that was what she intended to say to him, imho there always seemed to be more to Jake then we ever got to see, I never liked that the writer that killed him off then went and bashed the character over and over again.

Amazing Member

So are there any oversized HCs due anytime soon for the Witchblade/Darkness/Artifacts universe? Witchblade compendium 3 was cancelled so does that mean the end to collected editions from Top Cow?

They still put out trades. I imagine they have hard times recouping costs with much else. I wouldnt go expecting HCs.

Darkness art by Daniel Govar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I know that, but iirc the writer that killed him off and others since have stated how much they HATED him...so always upset me...when they'd then throw her with some new guy that was made seemingly just to be her boyfriend...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayne Japal View Post
    Didn't Ron Marz kill him off? The only writer other than Marz since his death was Tim Seeley and he was building up Cain as a love interest in his run. Jake was meh from what I remember. Patrick wasn't much better. Cain was at least interesting. Sara's best interaction outside of Jackie was with other women of Top Cow.
    Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    Jake was dull as dishwater, but his death was very well-written. Gleason was okay, even if Sara never was willing to say she loved him, but I never got into Sara/Jackie. And Ian Nottingham was annoying for all but maybe three issues. I liked Cain, but I like the lack of a love interest in the book now even more.

Eh, Jake always had an underlining thing for Sara but he also spent most of his time in love with Julie Pezzini as well. Which was fine until Julie got arrested. :/

I never got into the Jackie/Sara pairing. Outside of a physical attraction there's no real reason why Sara would ever willingly be involved with someone like Jackie. Patrick just felt like Jake 2.0 to me. I liked him a lot but his relationship with Sara felt so one-sided at times. Cain was okay, but I skimmed most of Seeley's run so I don't have any concrete reason to dislike or like him.

Ian could have been great but you could tell that no one had a clue as to what to do with his character. They kept repeating his weird obsession with his "destiny" with Sara, and being Kenneth's BDSM lapdog henchman. Then Marz came and made him into a Constantine/Pete Wisdom hybrid which was entertaining but also hella weird and a complete 180 from his longstanding characterization.

Sara's love life has been kinda terrible so I'll be happy if they keep her single for awhile.

Ultimate Member

Jake and Julie didn't start until Sara pushed him away iirc, for one reason or another, but it was always Sarah that he wanted imho...as her for her love life, I wouldn't mind seeing Sarah not be the bearer and start a family with Jake while still having a job in law enforcement and acting as older sister/mentor to the new bearer, so that when she wouldn't show up in the book it'd be easily explained.

No, thanks. Sara almost liked Jake but that's not enough to build a life on. And Jake is dead anyway so whatever.

Also the whole family/cop/mentor thing was done already with Dani when Hope was born.

Ultimate Member

I think she more than just almost liked him, and I wouldn't expect the life together part to happen overnight, and this is the comic world, anybody can come back if a writer wants them to, the family/cop/mentor thing would be different this time given that Jake was there for starters...but no I'm not going to hold my breath...

Darkness Fall What IF Nebezial half an hour

Darkness falls…pity this thing fell through would have been an interesting comic

Last edited by juan678; 01-05-2015 at 04:22 PM.

Part 2

Picture Sara With Jackie Head

Darkness Resurrection in IX Generation 1-3
    Last edited by juan678; 01-05-2015 at 04:20 PM.

Top Cow Witchblade 180 with Darkness Fall in 2/4

Witchblade 185 Minipreview FINAL ISSUE OF 20 YEARS OF WITCHBLADE art by Nebezial

Witchblade 185 Art by Nebezial Goodbye

#tearfulsalute

All-New Member

Hi everyone i guess this was asked a lot of times, but I have seen preview of the Switch and it caught my interest. Any tips at what issue I should start if I want to get into Witchblade? Should I also read other titles?
    I also liked what I saw from Aphrodite IX/IX Generation on deviantart but I am so confused about that universe that I am not even sure if that is correct name of the title
    Or if you could point me on some website that could help to point me where to start, I would be very thankful i don't want to read every single comic book there ever was from this universe, as that would take too much of time and money, but I want to jump on the train without being lost and missing too much