Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Switch is its own separate universe so you should have no trouble with the first issue.

For Witchblade id advise either starting at the beginning, or with Ron Marz run which starts at #80. Sejic illustrated most of his run and together they put out the best Witchblade material imo.

The other main pillar of the Top Cow U was The Darkness. Like Witchblade id either start at the beginning or with Phil Hesters run.

The recent Aphrodite IX series (by Hawkins and Sejic) was treated as something of a reboot of the character taking place in the "Rebirth Universe". It has only loose ties to the original Aphrodite IX series and can be read independantly.
    IXth Generation is the follow up to Aphrodite IX by the same team.

Id also recommend you check out the event books; First Born, Broken Trinity and Artifacts at the appropriate times as they had big consequences for the universe that ultimatly lead to the previously mentioned Rebirth era.

Witchblade 184 Preview

"Sorry Sara. I know I made it seem like we had big plans in store and would be sending you on lots of different adventures in your new career, but we just got the work that the series is ending in like 2 issues so we gotta wrap up and FIGHT!"

I just read that witchblade is ending. WHY??? somebody knows? cannot be sales. I don't think anybody does the number of even the lowest Marvel or DC books.
    Why suddenly all top cow titles are ending. Is the top cow universe no more. or are they rebooting it, or something? are they restarting like marvel or DC? or they gonna turn sara jackie etc into teenage boys and girls like disney/marvel does.
    If Witchblade returns will it be still Sara or someone else (again? +sigh+)

and btw, what a horrible art to say good bye to Sara. That one in the last issues does NOT even looks like Sara Pezzini.

Witchblade has always been great (altought I did not enjoy all of marz run, liked more the other mini run where she was in chicago. by tim seeley)

Top Cow is joining the creator-owned gravy train. Not a bad thing. Postal is pretty good and I want to get into Tithe. Team Sejic's titles are worth taking a look at. I give it two years and they'll relaunch Witchblade and Co.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post
    I just read that witchblade is ending. WHY??? somebody knows? cannot be sales. I don't think anybody does the number of even the lowest Marvel or DC books.
    Why suddenly all top cow titles are ending. Is the top cow universe no more. or are they rebooting it, or something? are they restarting like marvel or DC? or they gonna turn sara jackie etc into teenage boys and girls like disney/marvel does.
    If Witchblade returns will it be still Sara or someone else (again? +sigh+)

and btw, what a horrible art to say good bye to Sara. That one in the last issues does NOT even looks like Sara Pezzini.

Witchblade has always been great (altought I did not enjoy all of marz run, liked more the other mini run where she was in chicago. by tim seeley)
    I can only assume Witchblade is ending due to low sales (estimates had #183 at below 6000 copies, barely in the top 300 and much less than any Marvel/DC book.)
    With IXth Generation ending soon too then yes, they will be no more Top Cow U.

Theyve made mention that the Witchblade will return but that they are retiring Sara Pezzini.

Otherwise Sejic is lanching Switch which is an alternate/reimagining of the Witchblade mythos with a teen lead. (Think Marvels Ultimate line) and the rest of TCs output will be creator owned focus for the foreseeable future.

Twenty Years Old Witchblade

Witchblade preview 185
    Three pages from my final Sara Pezzini story in Witchblade 185. Does she give the Witchblade to Dani? Magdalena? The Chairwoman?

As a guy, ive never been a fangirl of anything. If fact id consider that an impossibility.
    But if Sara rides off into the sunset with Gleason at the end ill squeal like a fangirl.

On another note, if Sara gives the Witchblade to Magdalena then thats a pretty big spoiler right there in the preview...

New Preview 1 Parte

Last edited by juan678; 10-15-2015 at 11:23 AM.

All-New Member

Thanks for the tips. I think I will get Switch as soon as possible, read preview and it seemed fun and I was not feeling completely lost in the story.
    As the new Humble Book Bundle is up, access to this universe is so easy. It would be really helpful if there was some reading guide up with it too
    So it is ok to start with Aphrodithe IX Rebirth and IXth generation is after that. I guess same goes for Cyber Force IX. Then there is a few one shots like Apollo I will just read them sometime during Aphrodithe IX I guess and then there is also Aphrodite IX/Cyber Force #1 and no idea about that.

I have got bundle, basic one will upgrade it to 15usd later and got witchblade, aphrodithe 9 rebirth and artifacts volumes one on my tablet. Those Artifacts volumes are the Artifacts event that you speak of? If so, do other events - First Born, Broken Trinity, have their own TPB?

There is The Darkness Origins Vol 1-4 in bundle too. Are those independent or are they supposed to be read after some witchblade reading or something like that?

I think I will go with Rebirth stuff mostly and will see how I like other books. This bundle is really great gateway to this big universe. But on the other hand it is not so gargantuan as other big stuff in comic world so I do not feel too intimidated when I want to start reading some of those books.