Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Potkaniak View Post
    Thanks for the tips. I think I will get Switch as soon as possible, read preview and it seemed fun and I was not feeling completely lost in the story.
    As the new Humble Book Bundle is up, access to this universe is so easy. It would be really helpful if there was some reading guide up with it too
    So it is ok to start with Aphrodithe IX Rebirth and IXth generation is after that. I guess same goes for Cyber Force IX. Then there is a few one shots like Apollo I will just read them sometime during Aphrodithe IX I guess and then there is also Aphrodite IX/Cyber Force #1 and no idea about that.

I have got bundle, basic one will upgrade it to 15usd later and got witchblade, aphrodithe 9 rebirth and artifacts volumes one on my tablet. Those Artifacts volumes are the Artifacts event that you speak of? If so, do other events - First Born, Broken Trinity, have their own TPB?

There is The Darkness Origins Vol 1-4 in bundle too. Are those independent or are they supposed to be read after some witchblade reading or something like that?

I think I will go with Rebirth stuff mostly and will see how I like other books. This bundle is really great gateway to this big universe. But on the other hand it is not so gargantuan as other big stuff in comic world so I do not feel too intimidated when I want to start reading some of those books.
    All the Apollo/Artemis etc etc one shots take place near the start of IXth Generation. Theyre just one shots bt different teams (mostly the Top Cow talent hunt winners iirc) that showcase some of the players in IXth Gen but arnt central to the overall plot.
    Cyber Force Rebirth was a complete reboot and takes place in the present day Rebirth Universe. It lays some threads about how the dystopian future of Aphrodite IX/IXth Gen came about.
    IIRC the AphroditeIX/CF crossover issue bridges Aphrodite IX and IXth Gen. But cant recall fully...

Artifacst was originally an event book of 13 issues. The actual reboot occurs in the story of #1-13, then #14+ is the Rebirth universe.
    The other events have their own tpbs, yeah.

Darkness is mostly independent but first appeared and spun out of Witchblade early on.

Generation IX 7 preview velocity war

Can someone tell me what happened with Jenny? I know she became the Angelus.

Whatever happened with that?
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post

it is still the angelus in witchblade 174 last appearance post Darkness Fall

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post

I'm going with dropped plot for now.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Hi,

if those previews pages posted before are the art used in the LAST issue of Withcblade. At least Image/Top Cow made an effort to say good bye to WB with good art. I am sorry but I still dislike very much the poor art used the in the last "story arc".

Also I still feel like as if there is something Image is not telling us. or maybe just my hopes that sara with the witchblade will return. (soon and not in 3 years in the inevitable return). It feels strange that all of a sudden ALL Top Cow U title were cancelled.

Well, since Witchblade is no more and LOL just a month ago I finally filled the holes in my WB collection. (I started reading with #26, I later was able to grab 1 to 10 and now I completed my collection with 11 to 25) well, I guess I will start to hunt down some variants I am missing.

Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post
    Hi,

if those previews pages posted before are the art used in the LAST issue of Withcblade. At least Image/Top Cow made an effort to say good bye to WB with good art. I am sorry but I still dislike very much the poor art used the in the last "story arc".

Also I still feel like as if there is something Image is not telling us. or maybe just my hopes that sara with the witchblade will return. (soon and not in 3 years in the inevitable return). It feels strange that all of a sudden ALL Top Cow U title were cancelled.

Well, since Witchblade is no more and LOL just a month ago I finally filled the holes in my WB collection. (I started reading with #26, I later was able to grab 1 to 10 and now I completed my collection with 11 to 25) well, I guess I will start to hunt down some variants I am missing.
    Sara Is in Switch (Witchblade Reebot)

IX 7 Preview

If Witchblade Returns, She Won’t Be Sara Pezzini

– Talking to Matt Hawkins
    ith Witchblade #185 done and dusted, Bleeding Cool caught up with Top Cow‘s President/Chief Operating Officer Matt Hawkins, who wrote the final 16 pages of the landmark issue. Herewith, are excerpts:

Abdulkareem Baba Aminu: Why do you think Witchblade (Sara Pezzini to be precise) has endured all these years, becoming an icon?

Matt Hawkins:We always pitched it, initially, as ‘NYPD Blues meets the X-Files’. When it came out there wasn’t as much supernatural stuff as there is now, it went on to fill a niche. Despite the early “bad girl” association we always had a strong female readership for the title. Sara was always in control, strong and didn’t need anyone else to “save” her.
    ABA: What exactly do you mean by “bad girl association”?

MH: In the mid 90s, there were a series of female lead characters that all launched and the industry dubbed it a “bad girl” fad. I never felt the inclusion of Witchblade was completely fair, but it was a sign of the time.

ABA: Why was the decision taken to rest Witchblade, even with the wide appeal the comic and characters within have?

MH:All good things come to an end. We tried for years to get people to overlook some of the earlier “bad girl” associations with the release of the title in the mid 90’s. We ultimately felt the title needed a break. We did the same thing with The Darkness.

ABA: How did you get readers overlook the ‘bad girl associations’?

MH: We instructed our creative people to not have the character over-sexualized.

ABA: What’s going to happen to oft-mentioned live-action projects starring Sara Pezzini/Witchblade?

MH:We’re still working on them. The Witchblade anime did not feature Sara Pezzini. The great thing about this franchise is it’s open for a lot of different female leads to have it.

ABA: So Switch may not be the only non-Sara Witchblade-centric series we’ll be seeing soon?

MH: To soon to say, but it is always a possibility.
    ABA: How much of a ‘replacement’ for Witchblade is the Stjepan Sejic-created Switch comic?

MH:It’s not a replacement of any kind. Sejic had been working on Switch for years before we ever decided to end the regular Witchblade series. It’s always been kind of an Elseworlds or Ultimate type storyline. It has a lot of characters from the Top Cow Universe and other creator-owned characters he’s gotten permission to include.

ABA: Characters such as…

MH: You’d have to ask Sejic. I’ve seen Dragon Prince (Ron Marz), Lady Pendragon, Savage Dragon and a few others.

ABA: Will fans one day see a return to the Sara Pezzini Witchblade character or is this, uh, switch permanent?

MH: Never say never. But it’s far more likely that the Witchblade, if returning, would do so with a different female lead and be some complete reimagining, kind of like what Brandon Graham did with Rob Liefeld’s Prophet.

ABA: So, is that more of a ‘when’ than an ‘if’?

MH: Nope. No plans to do anything.

ABA: What are you going to miss most about Witchblade?

MH:I’ll miss the discussions about what we should do with the story. I always enjoy breaking overall story arcs with writers.

ABA: Let’s go a little further back: What’s your ‘breaking into comics’ story?

MH:I met Rob Liefeld at the opening of Mile High Comics in April of 1993 in Anaheim, CA and asked him for a job. He thought I had spunk and hired me on to help with marketing and retailer relations. I sort of worked my way into editorial and started writing comics after that.
    BA: Your book, Think Tank, is a hit. Just how much of David Loren, the young protagonist, is actually autobiographical?

MH:The snarky attitude, that’s about it. I’ve put on here that Loren’s IQ is like 205. I think I was tested as a kid at like 144, or something like that, so he’s got me in the smarts department. I’m able to fake it with the information available on the internet. He talks a bit like I do, with my cadence.

ABA: Speaking of Think Tank, there’s a rumor about a live-action project doing the rounds…

MH:Not yet. We were developing it as a feature for a year and that just got kicked back to us, so we’re looking to take it out now and try to set it up as TV.

ABA: How many irons does Top Cow have in the Hollywood fire?

MH:We have 18 different projects in various stages of development (which means nothing, really) but we have three that have been bought and hopefully, with a good script coming in, will get made.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/12/...-matt-hawkins/

Spectacular Member Paulie Blade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    ABA: So, is that more of a ‘when’ than an ‘if’?

MH: Nope. No plans to do anything.
    This made me a bit sad. I thought that perhaps they had some plans for a relaunch and the entire halt was just a means to get some fresh air after such long (and maybe sometimes a bit tedious) run. Now it seems like they don't want to do anything about it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    The first issue of Cyberforce Artifacts was posted this Thursday over at Line Webtoon so the Top Cow Universe ain't dead yet.

http://www.webtoons.com/en/action/cy...t?title_no=531
    Ciberforce vol 2 is Free on line Artefact Saga

All-New Member

Has anyone already read this series?
    TheCovenant_01-1_263_405.jpg

Cyberforce Vol 2 Artifacts Chapter 5 Free

THE DARKNESS: HOPE (ONE-SHOT)
    STORY: CHARLIE HARMON
    ART: D.P. DWYER
    COVER: LINDA SEJIC
    APRIL 6 / 32 PAGES / FC / T+ / $3.99
    TALENT-HUNT WINNING CREATIVE TEAM!
    In the future, Hope Estacado is a crusading science reporter and her father Jackie, the "World's Greatest Hero," has retired to the suburbs to live out his golden years in quiet contemplation. Hope's about to make a discovery that will shake her to her core--a discovery that will have dark ramifications for the entire human race--and Jackie might be the only one who can help.