Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Does anyone know if they will reprint the Ron Marz Run of Witchblade ? I always wanted to get in to that stuff, and i finaly got in to it acutally. I just bought the first two volumes but it seems vol. 3-4-9-10-11-12-13 are out of stock everywhere. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    Does anyone know if they will reprint the Ron Marz Run of Witchblade ? I always wanted to get in to that stuff, and i finaly got in to it acutally. I just bought the first two volumes but it seems vol. 3-4-9-10-11-12-13 are out of stock everywhere. :/
    I would imagine you either have to buy used online or go digital. Top Cow stuff goes on sale all the time at Comixology.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    I would imagine you either have to buy used online or go digital. Top Cow stuff goes on sale all the time at Comixology.
    I don't like digital... i got Darkness volume 1 and 2 which came with the Darkness II game at Comixology and i couldn't really read them. I don't enjoy reading from computer screen...or anykind of screen. I need the physical copy in my hand. I don't feel the satisfaction of owning it when it's not physical too...I need to put it on my shelf and stare it... lol

I just got the Witchblade (Ron Maz Run) vol.5-6 and First Born Deluxe HC btw. I can't wait for them to arrive and yeah, i know Witchblade vol. 5 has the 3 First Born issues but this deluxe has so much more like Broken Trinity, Aftermath and Darkness, Angelus issues. And Vol. 5 has Witchblade issues which i can't find in any other collected edition so...i bought both as the evil plan of Tow Cow intended. lol
    Last edited by Batarang; 08-27-2016 at 12:41 AM.

I don't like digital... i got Darkness volume 1 and 2 which came with the Darkness II game at Comixology and i couldn't really read them. I don't enjoy reading from computer screen...or anykind of screen. I need the physical copy in my hand. I don't feel the satisfaction of owning it when it's not physical too...I need to put it on my shelf and stare it... lol

I just got the Witchblade (Ron Maz Run) vol.5-6 and First Born Deluxe HC btw. I can't wait for them to arrive and yeah, i know Witchblade vol. 5 has the 3 First Born issues but this deluxe has so much more like Broken Trinity, Aftermath and Darkness, Angelus issues. And Vol. 5 has Witchblade issues which i can't find in any other collected edition so...i bought both as the evil plan of Tow Cow intended. lol
    Check instocktrades.com or the trade paperback section of DCBService.com.

Too bad you don't like digital, as all the trades you mentioned were part of a Top Cow Humble Bundle last year.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tayne Japal View Post
    Check instocktrades.com or the trade paperback section of DCBService.com.

Too bad you don't like digital, as all the trades you mentioned were part of a Top Cow Humble Bundle last year.
    Both doesn't have them... :/ i think i have to wait a rerelease.

It's last year's humble bundle sale anyway so even if i was in to digital, i would miss it.

wow... you are really in to Image, where there are no brats lol good choise. The last time that i went to my LCS i saw that brats were not interested in Image so i started to get more Image titles lol i haven't read them yet but i got Wicked + Divine, Rat Queens, Black Science, Chew, Deadly Class, Lazarus, Low, Nailbiter, Saga and Southern Bastards... all waiting to be read. (and i already follow Invincible, which is a really good book)
    Last edited by Batarang; 08-28-2016 at 12:39 PM.

Both doesn't have them... :/ i think i have to wait a rerelease.

It's last year's humble bundle sale anyway so even if i was in to digital, i would miss it.

wow... you are really in to Image, where there are no brats lol good choise. The last time that i went to my LCS i saw that brats were not interested in Image so i started to get more Image titles lol i haven't read them yet but i got Wicked + Divine, Rat Queens, Black Science, Chew, Deadly Class, Lazarus, Low, Nailbiter, Saga and Southern Bastards... all waiting to be read. (and i already follow Invincible, which is a really good book)
    Not sure which vols youre still after but the official Top Cow store has various trades in stock. No idea what shipping rates they charge but might be worth a look.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Not sure which vols youre still after but the official Top Cow store has various trades in stock. No idea what shipping rates they charge but might be worth a look.
    I look for Ron Marz Run vol. 3 and 4.

The shipping is crazy expensive, 33$ shipping for 1 TPB... I also looked for Artifacts deluxe and the shipping was 76$ for it... :O... too expensive.

Spectacular Member Paulie Blade's Avatar

From an interview with Matt Hawkins:

JF: With Witchblade and The Darkness ending, do you miss those characters or intend to revisit them in the future? I know there's Switch and Magdelena coming.

MH: Yeah. We had done it for so long and we did a few reboots to try to get people to try them, but it was so mired in this '90s sensibility. People had this preconceived notion of what it was. We decided to put a pin in it for a couple years. We're bringing back both Witchblade and The Darkness. Both are in development now. Witchblade will be sooner than The Darkness, which is weird because The Darkness finished first. We figured out a way to get into Witchblade faster. We found a team to do it.

There's definitely a lot of Top Cow Universe stuff in development. There's Magdelena, Witchblade, an Aphrodite V series, The Darkness, Tom Judge, and Rebecca Taylor, the character with the Heart Stone, but we don't have a title for it yet. These tend to come out in waves. Right now it's a lot of Eden-verse stuff and some original titles, like Romulus, Mechanism, and Eclipse. Those will run through their arcs, then there will be a wave of Top Cow Universe books.

Source

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Mesmer View Post
    From an interview with Matt Hawkins:

JF: With Witchblade and The Darkness ending, do you miss those characters or intend to revisit them in the future? I know there's Switch and Magdelena coming.

MH: Yeah. We had done it for so long and we did a few reboots to try to get people to try them, but it was so mired in this '90s sensibility. People had this preconceived notion of what it was. We decided to put a pin in it for a couple years. We're bringing back both Witchblade and The Darkness. Both are in development now. Witchblade will be sooner than The Darkness, which is weird because The Darkness finished first. We figured out a way to get into Witchblade faster. We found a team to do it.

There's definitely a lot of Top Cow Universe stuff in development. There's Magdelena, Witchblade, an Aphrodite V series, The Darkness, Tom Judge, and Rebecca Taylor, the character with the Heart Stone, but we don't have a title for it yet. These tend to come out in waves. Right now it's a lot of Eden-verse stuff and some original titles, like Romulus, Mechanism, and Eclipse. Those will run through their arcs, then there will be a wave of Top Cow Universe books.

Source
    Sweet that Top Cow Universe books are coming back in waves. Boo that closed-minded people won't give the books a chance.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Mesmer View Post

Source
    I'll believe it when I see the solicits, but it does sound nice!

Astonishing Member

Sweet that Top Cow Universe books are coming back in waves. Boo that closed-minded people won't give the books a chance.
    It's probably this weird combo of the typical folks being unreceptive to change and the so-called highbrow comics folks who like to pretend that the 90's in comics never happened and was never loved.

Spectacular Member Paulie Blade's Avatar

I don't mind Witchblade and The Darkness having the '90s flavor about them. But if Top Cow has an idea how to make them more contemporary, more interesting, and I mean Saga- or Lazarus-tier of interesting, then I am fucking excited.

Witchblade with Sara Pezzini and Daniela baptiste art by Allison

Fantastic Member Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

I'll give the Witchblade stuff a shot when it comes out. I read all the incarnations of the last ten years but was really aggravated when they gave it to Seeley, who did a great job, then had Marz take over again and sort of destroy everything Seeley did. That came after the really confused series wrap up into Artifacts that happened which I thought was really sloppy. The best thing for Witchblade, as far as I was concerned, was to just keep the original title going . As a long time Witchblade reader, I don't have a lot of trust in the universe right now.

Ultimate Member

Nice art...personally I always wanted Jake and Sara together and would though love to see a new lady become the bearer and just have Sara be there to help when needed for someone to talk to and such, yeah it's been done before but maybe have a woman be the bearer that wouldn't be everyone's first choice, always kind of liked the idea of a woman that was a nursing student or something like that by day and was a dancer by night, as in the exotic kind, not the one that people would think to be the bearer, yeah I said it before but they'd be able to keep the bearer as someone that would want to help people...