Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

New Witchblade 1 Reebot Total new History; maybe in 2018 new Darkness history

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    New Witchblade 1 Reebot Total new History; maybe in 2018 new Darkness history
    Did they confirm this somewhere? I might not bother if the history is gone ��

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixLives View Post
    Did they confirm this somewhere? I might not bother if the history is gone ��
    in the comic witchblade 1

Spectacular Member Paulie Blade's Avatar

Okay, I just hope that by saying "total reboot" and "new continuity" they do not mean they will completely ignore everything that happened before. I mean I could swear I read somewhere that Sara might pop in every now and then as a background character and acknowledging her existence means not erasing the history. From what I understand (or hope) they simply want to dissent from the highly sexualized heroine concept and offer a more fleshed out, interesting and relatable character.

Monstress was built on the same assumptions - it turned out to be my favorite book of this year and I have a strong hunch that the major factor was the very unusual feeling created by an all women team.

It's not just a reboot, but also a reimagining, with the Witchblade itself also reimagined to some extent (in addition to a more simplified appearance and no indication yet that it transforms from being just a bracelet, it seems to be a true symbiote and it talks in a very mentor-ish kind of way to its bearer). If "Sara" does pop up in this book, she'll be from this new continuity, not the previous one that ran for 185 issues.

I think the analogy of this being an alternate version of the previous Witchblade series is spot on. Too early for me to make a judgment call with only the first issue, but this new version of Witchblade does seem to be very grounded in reality. I would say less J.J. Abrams and more Chris Carter (X-Files), IMO.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

It was an okay issue but being a reboot kills any enthusiasm to continue on with it. It seems to be less a blade or armor and more a mystical bracelet with eldritch witch tendrils.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    It was an okay issue but being a reboot kills any enthusiasm to continue on with it. It seems to be less a blade or armor and more a mystical bracelet with eldritch witch tendrils.
    ^This is what I'm most worried about. I suppose I'd be fine with a "total reboot," but I really wish they'd keep her powers the same as they've always been.

Overall, it was a fine issue, but I definitely wasn't blown away by it. I'm vaguely interested in the future of the Top Cow universe now, but very hesitant.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Well it wasn't a bad issue... but I am really disappointed that it is a new reality. I guess it could be redeemed at some point down the road by saying that the previous reality existed until Aphrodite changed the past in the last series... at least then it would still be same fictional universe, just altered. I will give it a few issues but I really do want the scale armour as opposed to the glow

From what I gathered in the back-of-the-issue interview with the writer and artist, they really want to distance this version of Witchblade from the previous version. There was mention of even the backstory of the Witchblade being different now. It may be that the only thing that hasn't changed is just the core concept of an ancient mystical weapon that chooses only women as its wielder. They did say that the Witchblade will ultimately transform with Alex, but they worked on designing it to be something different than before.

I dunno. I liked the Witchblade when it was ultimately depicted as full-length organic armor rather than just the initial metal bikini or simply a gauntlet, but I'm kinda getting a vibe that the new transformation will still be full-length, but something befitting the reboot's less "superheroey" tone.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

WITCHBLADE (2017) #4

STORY: CAITLIN KITTREDGE
    ART / COVER / VARIANT COVER: ROBERTA INGRANATA

MARCH 07 / 32 PAGES / FC / M / $3.99

“LIFE AFTER,” Part Four Alex has survived her first major test as the Witchblade, but now a far more powerful foe has set its sights on taking her down, and to come out on top, Alex must fully embrace her role as the Witchblade’s host—which will mean sacrificing her life as she knows it for good.

Witchblade (2017) #5

Story: Caitlin Kittredge
    Art / Cover: Roberta Ingranata

April 04 / 32 pages / FC / M / $3.99

"LIFE AFTER," Part Five How do you stop a demon that could be anyone, anywhere in New York City? Alex better figure it out fast because among other tricks, this demon has the NYPD convinced Alex is guilty of murder, and the Witchblade is on the run.

does anyone knows if this new witchblade is a mini series or an ongoing title? or will it simply stop like the last magdalena series?

Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post
    does anyone knows if this new witchblade is a mini series or an ongoing title? or will it simply stop like the last magdalena series?
    Its an ongoing. Magdalena was a mini.

BANNED

When is Darkness coming back??