Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
I'm sure your equivalent 30 years ago opined that no one would remember the Post-Crisis era fondly....yet here we are.

Hindsight is 20/20, and nostalgia most always clouds one's view of the past, thus Jennette Kahn is a saint now, and Diane Nelson is Satan to some, even though when it comes to Superman, Kahn oversaw nearly 50 years of the character completely scrapped , while Nelson at the worst oversaw an unfortunate costume change and a marketing gimmick disguised as a relationship. Heck part of the reason we even have the new 52 was Kahns (and Giordano and Levitz's) decision to do comics first ever reboot of a universe in 1985 rather than just using what was already there, thus opening a pandora's box that can never be closed. Yet the most ardent haters of the current era willfully overlook this and paint everything that occurred Pre DiDio as always respectful of the long history of DC Comics, when it was the same then as now really. Some really crappy choices with some good stuff here and there.

In 30 years our successors here (heck maybe even some of us) will be replacing Ms. Nelson's horns with a halo in relation to whatever changes her successor and their employees makes to the DCU.
I don't see people treating Kahn or levitz as angels, only as not as bad as today management. It was levitz that let didio start ruining DC universe. First didio tortured and killed stephanie brown, than sue dibny was raped. that is enough right? no put a bullet throught blue beetle skull.

I would never get a chance to work at DC, I'm too good for that. Doyle was a vertigo and snyder asked him to be batman group editor; if wasn't for Marts going out i'm not sure of we would see Batgirling of dc comics; It was a happy accident.