Page 533 of 550 FirstFirst ... 33433483523529530531532533534535536537543 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 7,995 of 8245

I'm trying to comprehend this phenomenon of some gay men and lesbians being against trans people and refusing to acknowledge trans women as women and trans men as men, basically ignoring science. I mean, hello. There are plenty of people who can't acknowledge that cis gay men are really men and cis lesbian women really count as women. I get that being against one bigotry doesn't mean someone is against all bigotries but, in this case, I see quotes from some cis gay men and cis lesbian women against trans women and men that are exactly the same things some straight folks say about them.

Edit: I'm not talking about here. I'm talking about this phenomenon in general.
    Power with Girl is better.

I have no idea either. I guess they dislike for the same reason straight people dislike gay people. Misinformation and not enough effort to get to know the actual people of the community.

How is everyone? I’m doing really well. I finished the umbrella academy season 2 which is fun

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

I'm personally very impressed with people who can do "very well" in 2020.

I took in a roommate, which cheers me up quite a bit (watching tv and cooking together is more fun than alone), but I'm also worried because it increases my risk of catching covid-19.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I have no idea either. I guess they dislike for the same reason straight people dislike gay people. Misinformation and not enough effort to get to know the actual people of the community.

How is everyone? I’m doing really well. I finished the umbrella academy season 2 which is fun
    Doing okay. Also liked UA2. Thought they did a good job of recreating the 1960s.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I'm trying to comprehend this phenomenon of some gay men and lesbians being against trans people and refusing to acknowledge trans women as women and trans men as men, basically ignoring science. I mean, hello. There are plenty of people who can't acknowledge that cis gay men are really men and cis lesbian women really count as women. I get that being against one bigotry doesn't mean someone is against all bigotries but, in this case, I see quotes from some cis gay men and cis lesbian women against trans women and men that are exactly the same things some straight folks say about them.

My guess would be that as many cis gay men and women grew up in conservative families and considered themselves conservative until they came out, they may still hold conservative attitudes toward the very idea of trans men and women.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Astonishing Member

Belonging to x group doesn't mean that person can't be ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    My guess would be that as many cis gay men and women grew up in conservative families and considered themselves conservative until they came out, they may still hold conservative attitudes toward the very idea of trans men and women.
    I grew up in a conservative religious background but having bi feelings (mostly gay at the time) helped cure me of that but I know it doesn't with everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Belonging to x group doesn't mean that person can't be ignorant.
    True, I guess I answered my own question. Being against one bigotry doesn't make someone against all bigotries nor not cure ignorance.

Geez Chris Evans handles that nude leak well

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Geez Chris Evans handles that nude leak well
    Speaking of people called C. Evans handling things well:

Carrie Evans, the first openly-elected lesbian in North Dakota stands up to a group of homophobes over the Pride Flag being flown at city hall.

Please watch that video.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    This was great.

And the old man, of course, immediately tried to delegitimize her by ‘thanking’ her for exposing herself and her anger.

Cishet white men over 60 (ESPECIALLY if they identify as ‘Christian’ while acting nothing like the guy they claim to be god) are the single worst demographic alive. They are responsible for more bullshit and hate than any other single special interest group that exists.

Now, of course, to avoid offending anyone, I have to say #NotAllOldWhiteMenOver60, obviously, to avoid ‘offending’ anyone, but...they do like lumping all Muslims in with the terrorists, and they like lumping all queer people together with child molesters, so...*shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    This was great.

And the old man, of course, immediately tried to delegitimize her by ‘thanking’ her for exposing herself and her anger.

Cishet white men over 60 (ESPECIALLY if they identify as ‘Christian’ while acting nothing like the guy they claim to be god) are the single worst demographic alive. They are responsible for more bullshit and hate than any other single special interest group that exists.

Now, of course, to avoid offending anyone, I have to say #NotAllOldWhiteMenOver60, obviously, to avoid ‘offending’ anyone, but...they do like lumping all Muslims in with the terrorists, and they like lumping all queer people together with child molesters, so...*shrug*
    She had a right to be angry. As does he, as well, at least to hear him speak about it. I guess they think they can continue to be the bullies and we'll keep being the doormats. Well, no more. We will no longer be the Washington Generals to their Harlem Globetrotters.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    This was great.

I'm not in the Christian group but am in the OldWhieMenOver60 group though I'm trying to switch to another group.

I despise people like that old guy. We hit you with bigotry and hatred endlessly your entire life and then, when you get angry about it, we accuse you of being angry. It's akin to people who say, "If gay people aren't ashamed of what they are, why do so many hide it?" I mean, JFC. Maybe the assaults, the ridicule, the f.n bigotry.

At first, I wished they had cut the video before his remark but it's probably as well it was left in because it demonstrates that you will almost never change the minds of these bigots. You've just got to vote them out, do what's right despite their whining and wait for their generation to die and the next generation more open to new ideas to take over.

They are the "Oppressed white male majority" that defines oppression as anyone else openly existing and beating treated as equals.

I'm not in the Christian group but am in the OldWhieMenOver60 group though I'm trying to switch to another group.

I despise people like that old guy. We hit you with bigotry and hatred endlessly your entire life and then, when you get angry about it, we accuse you of being angry. It's akin to people who say, "If gay people aren't ashamed of what they are, why do so many hide it?" I mean, JFC. Maybe the assaults, the ridicule, the f.n bigotry.

At first, I wished they had cut the video before his remark but it's probably as well it was left in because it demonstrates that you will almost never change the minds of these bigots. You've just got to vote them out, do what's right despite their whining and wait for their generation to die and the next generation more open to new ideas to take over.

They are the "Oppressed white male majority" that defines oppression as anyone else openly existing and beating treated as equals.
    It's a typical bully move. We get angry over their bullying and they respond by saying, "What are you getting so upset about? We were just playin'." That said, simply waiting out the old ones won't work. The scenes at Charlottesville from a few years ago proved that they have a lot of young white racist bullies to succeed them.