Page 131 of 550 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 8245
    Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

*adds A Masculine Scent to my reading list*

We were just discussing that, DebkoX. Hopefully it gains traction in media because it's a policy that needs to be introduced. My sex education focused mostly on "wear a condom because you might get pregnant", and when "gay" was used as an insult, a teacher might sometimes call them out on it, but more often than not it wasn't given much notice, more a simple "don't use that language" or it was passed off as just a thing kids and teens say without much notice. Funnily enough in Year 5 everyone was calling me "gay" and saying that I wanted to marry a man just a joke. Of course despite being entirely not serious, they were speaking the complete truth.

I'll need to read the Daily Mail coverage to see how many people are outraged by the mere prospect of children being taught equality. Understanding of the world around us stems from a young age.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

I just need a safe place to vent right now... and I know this sounds silly to moan about this but with Bendis leaving the Xverse I will now be losing my last favourite comic in Uncanny Xmen (having lost Young Avengers, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, She Hulk... and now this). Marvel has now chipped away at everything I love.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    *adds A Masculine Scent to my reading list*

We were just discussing that, DebkoX. Hopefully it gains traction in media because it's a policy that needs to be introduced. My sex education focused mostly on "wear a condom because you might get pregnant", and when "gay" was used as an insult, a teacher might sometimes call them out on it, but more often than not it wasn't given much notice, more a simple "don't use that language" or it was passed off as just a thing kids and teens say without much notice. Funnily enough in Year 5 everyone was calling me "gay" and saying that I wanted to marry a man just a joke. Of course despite being entirely not serious, they were speaking the complete truth.

I'll need to read the Daily Mail coverage to see how many people are outraged by the mere prospect of children being taught equality. Understanding of the world around us stems from a young age.
    Avoid that paper at all costs! ;D

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I just need a safe place to vent right now... and I know this sounds silly to moan about this but with Bendis leaving the Xverse I will now be losing my last favourite comic in Uncanny Xmen (having lost Young Avengers, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, She Hulk... and now this). Marvel has now chipped away at everything I love.
    It happens at some point in ever comic readers life. I went through that with DC's reboot, well a bit slowly as I still had Batwoman and Geoff Johns on GL then Johns left GL and Batwoman had creator differences. Eventually you find something new to take the void. Don't rush into anything though.

Extraordinary Member

Marvel are ruthless with cancellations sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Avoid that paper at all costs! ;D
    They have a website, they're not just a paper. :P

---

I learnt tonight that one of my old crushes has died. Who knows if it's a suicide or what, but I would appreciate your hugs and condolences. I think I'll be able to get through the next few days alright, but it's such a horrible thing to learn.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    CBR's LGBT Community

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

They have a website, they're not just a paper. :P

---

I learnt tonight that one of my old crushes has died. Who knows if it's a suicide or what, but I would appreciate your hugs and condolences. I think I'll be able to get through the next few days alright, but it's such a horrible thing to learn.
    That is horrible, you may has as many hugs and condolences as you need. I have been there, and it sucks, but chin up as best you can
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Absolutely love the syrupy waffle idea! C'mon boys! Let me see dem breakfastseses

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    That is horrible, you may has as many hugs and condolences as you need. I have been there, and it sucks, but chin up as best you can
    Thanks Legion, I've spent my evening drinking and crying and trying to watch Agent Carter but not getting very far.
    CBR's LGBT Community

Cucumber is cheering me up a lot. I love this series.
    CBR's LGBT Community

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Cucumber is cheering me up a lot. I love this series.
    I can't decide on that show, or Banana. It does make ma laugh, but I can't quite tell if I'm laughing at the situations or the people.

I certainly know that Freddie Fox is worth watching in anything though, especially in those pants.

But remember, absolutely no wanking!
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Oh that's terrible. I remember the first time a classmate I had grown up with died (it was suicide) just kinda freaked me out. Small enough town that everybody grew up with everybody and then one was gone. Sorry for your loss.

I've known so many people over the last few years who have died, whether suicide or natural causes or cancer or whatever, and I've only just become a legal adult. It's a weird feeling.
    CBR's LGBT Community

I feel like throwing up ... this is horrible.
    CBR's LGBT Community

I feel like throwing up ... this is horrible.
    You just got feel what you feel, there's no shortcuts.

On a LGBT in comics note: DC Comics will be giving Midnighter a solo title in their newest relaunch.

Yes, he started out as a Batman parody at Wildstorm. No word on whether his husband Apollo will be a part of the title although it's writer has written gay characters (someone on another forum said he is himself gay but I can't confirm it)
    His Twitter: https://twitter.com/thesteveorlando

He's got some other stuff too including a title called "Virgil"
    AP2HYC: Clearly Virgil will be breaking many gay stereotypes in the comic. What motivated the decision to make him gay and how do you think that aspect of the character will be received?

Orlando: I think it’s important to show that gay characters come in all shapes and sizes and faces. There’s nothing wrong with the gay characters that have appeared. I don’t see it as breaking stereotypes, but more as offering alternatives. I mentioned Scalped, which, without spoiling anything, features LGBT characters in new places readers wouldn’t expect. The same goes for Ex Machina. The decision comes from the countless life accounts I’ve read or heard of people who struggle to fit into a gay narrative for their life, when in reality there’s no “right” or “wrong” way to be gay. I think many will find that refreshing, and it’s all about the presentation. This isn’t a book about being gay, it’s a book that incorporates gay characters with a nonchalant approach. That hyper normality, the casual acceptance, makes it a progressive crime book first. It’s the greatest statement about the characters within.
    http://ap2hyc.com/?p=7795

And knows a lot of random characters
    http://blog.timesunion.com/comicbook...o-part-2/2422/

And did a title called "Undertow"
    http://www.idigitaltimes.com/underto...terview-371288