Page 520 of 550 FirstFirst ... 20420470510516517518519520521522523524530 ... LastLast
Results 7,786 to 7,800 of 8240

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Johannes said something on twitter about how he wanted to be invited out more often to group events and then Mickey said he invites him to things all the time and he always says no and then they started raging like “there’s a clique!””there’s no clique” and then it just went on and on.

Oh I didn’t know there was a Canadian one. That would be fun. I wonder if Ryan reynolds would go on it
    I'd love that!!!!
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Barring any major problems, from midnight (GMT) the process of allowing me to get married in my home of Northern Ireland should be started! The hope seems to be marriage equality would be legal by February (not that I have any intention at the minute to get married) but this is a pretty big deal. It was unfortunate it took this long to get done but I am very grateful to everyone whose helped.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    Barring any major problems, from midnight (GMT) the process of allowing me to get married in my home of Northern Ireland should be started! The hope seems to be marriage equality would be legal by February (not that I have any intention at the minute to get married) but this is a pretty big deal. It was unfortunate it took this long to get done but I am very grateful to everyone whose helped.
    That is AWESOME! This was that final bill thing Theresa May put on before she left, right? Or is it from something after? Is legalising abortion also passing through? Love this, it's been far, far too long; and absurd that part of the UK doesn't have the same protections and laws as the rest.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    That is AWESOME! This was that final bill thing Theresa May put on before she left, right? Or is it from something after? Is legalising abortion also passing through? Love this, it's been far, far too long; and absurd that part of the UK doesn't have the same protections and laws as the rest.
    It was two Labour MPs who spearheaded the amendments to a bill to make it all possible, Conor McGinn and Stella Creasy, but it had cross party support. Abortion is decriminalised and marriage equality is coming at last. And it feels great.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

That’s wonderful! I absolutely adored seeing Ireland a few years ago and the people were so lovely. Especially hearing all the horrible history with the troubles and everything, I genuinely wish for them the best

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    It was two Labour MPs who spearheaded the amendments to a bill to make it all possible, Conor McGinn and Stella Creasy, but it had cross party support. Abortion is decriminalised and marriage equality is coming at last. And it feels great.
    Oh awesome. Thank-you for all the info; and again: such wonderful news for Northern Ireland.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Hey. I know we haven't always gelled, but I think it's really wonderful that you are talking about this and this presence will help others talk about it. It's very brave, it's normalizing it. So you're doing a great thing.
    Yup. We don't have to agree on everything. And I'm sure we'd almost be surprised on the amount of things we do agree on, and that is part of the beauty of life.

And thanks.

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Hey guys haven't been around here and just thought I'd say hi. With the awful news coming out of Uganda, we in Johannesburg were meanwhile celebrating our 30th Pride March this weekend. Pride here has been very disjointed the last few years with racial and class divisions but this year felt very united again, despite some critics. Anyway it was fun and the Grand Marshall was Ms. Brooke Lynne Hytes herself. She performed the night before as well and did a whole lot to promote local queens.
    So just thought I'd share some pics:

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlad View Post
    Hey guys haven't been around here and just thought I'd say hi. With the awful news coming out of Uganda, we in Johannesburg were meanwhile celebrating our 30th Pride March this weekend. Pride here has been very disjointed the last few years with racial and class divisions but this year felt very united again, despite some critics. Anyway it was fun and the Grand Marshall was Ms. Brooke Lynne Hytes herself. She performed the night before as well and did a whole lot to promote local queens.
    So just thought I'd share some pics:

Duuude...Nice!!!
    GrindrStone(D)

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time! For some reason the pictures aren’t working for me?

Incredible Member

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time! For some reason the pictures aren’t working for me?
    Me either.
    --
    The discussion forum for fans of 20th-century comics: http://classiccomics.org

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Allen View Post
    Me either.
    Oh dear sorry to hear - they seem all ok on my end.
    BTW really enjoying Drag Race UK (thought Snatch Game was loads of fun!) .
    Also finally managed to catchup on Drag Race Thailand and it was great - like the lack of pretension and self-censorship that is now so prevalent on RPDR. And amazing costumes and headgear. And I lived for the episode where they did the Thai Soap Opera - bloody hilarious.

There was a story on my local news today. It turns out the Kentucky Supreme Court sided with Tee Shirt company Hands-On Originals who refused to print gay pride shirts because it went against his religious beliefs.

I am kinda torn on this. On one hand as a gay man I hate the idea of discrimination. Denying someone rights because of race, or sexual orientation is wrong. But on the other hand doesnt the shop owner have a right to his beliefs? Why should we as gay people expect someone to do something that is against his religious beliefs? Wouldnt we be guilty of discrimination and violating his rights just to get what we want.

As a gay man I have come to understand that not everyone agrees with this life. I think that is okay. People in this country are allowed to disagree. I dont expect everyone to be okay with how I live my life just like I am not okay with how some people live theirs.

Like I said I am torn over my thoughts on discrimination vs wanting to uphold someone else religious freedom.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I agree that the t-shirt maker should have the right not to print a t-shirt that goes against his beliefs. However, he should have a sign prominently shown in the window stating that he won't print t-shirts that violate his Christian beliefs. I think some of these shop-owners want to play it coy and only bring up the issue when they have to, out of fear of boycotts if they have such a sign in their window.

BANNED

I am kinda torn on this. On one hand as a gay man I hate the idea of discrimination. Denying someone rights because of race, or sexual orientation is wrong. But on the other hand doesnt the shop owner have a right to his beliefs?
    Gays: I want the same human rights and privileges that heteros enjoy.

Bible Belt shop owner: I don’t want to make fag shirts.