Page 300 of 550 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310350400 ... LastLast
Results 4,486 to 4,500 of 8245

Watching Jenny's wedding on Netflix. Grace Gummer plays a wonderful bitchy sister in this.
    Last edited by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus; 12-26-2015 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucena Soares View Post
    Today i came out as gay to my parents after a small panic attack.
    They didn't believe it because i'm more a virgin than Mary.
    They told me to wait because i couldn't be sure since i never done anything with guys or girls.
    I said 'ok' and told them i was tired and needed to sleep.
    But i am neither. I am on my bed posting this and crying because this hurt me more than i will ever show them.
    I should have waited for college as was my plan. But i had a panic attack because of it and didn't want them to be worried with me or be hurt because i woldn't tell them the reason for my anxiety(?).
    I want to go away to college fast.
    Firstly; always remember how brave you were coming out to your parents at such a young age. That's amazing; and very courageous. Secondly never forget MOST parents need time to come to terms with it, so anything they say off the bat (if hurtful) doesn't necessarily mean that is how they truly feel or will feel in time to come.

I echo Time Like Lightning's comment; if you need to talk we're here. You've already done the hardest part, believe it or not it does get better from here on out.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

BANNED

THat awkward moment when I'm inside a comfort room and then suddenly a lady comes in and gets inside a cubicle. Then I go out and check if I have entered the right comfort room which is for men and I was right. Gosh. I thought I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    THat awkward moment when I'm inside a comfort room and then suddenly a lady comes in and gets inside a cubicle. Then I go out and check if I have entered the right comfort room which is for men and I was right. Gosh. I thought I was wrong.
    ?????

And you posted this in the LGBT thread.... because????
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

They told me to wait because i couldn't be sure since i never done anything with guys or girls.
    But i am neither. I am on my bed posting this and crying because this hurt me more than i will ever show them.
    I should have waited for college as was my plan. But i had a panic attack because of it and didn't want them to be worried with me or be hurt because i woldn't tell them the reason for my anxiety(?).
    I hope you are feeling better. As other people have mentioned, if you need to talk you can always post here. Or message someone. I'm sure anyone here would love to help.

Don't worry too much about it not going according to your plan. I truly believe there's no such thing as "the right time" to come out to your parents. Trust me. I came out to my dad while I was drunk on a bathroom floor at like 3am when I was 18. Not exactly how I pictured doing it. I don't even remember why I did it. I cried a lot that day. But the hardest part was behind me, and it really got better with time. Parents need time to adjust, get over their denial, and learn more about it. Just give it time, it will get better.
    Last edited by Viteh; 12-28-2015 at 05:28 PM.

Hope everyone has a happy new year! I just got back from Hong Kong.

They're so amazing there. Not just everything, the culture, buildings etc but the lgbtiq movement. They're absolutely leading the way in getting and demanding equal rights for themselves and the scene is developing rapidly. I saw magazines for gay people, gay shows on radio stations, gay plays being advertised, posters for promoting anti discrimination policies for lgbtiq people and even a few gay couples holding hands. I never would have expected so much from any Asian country as they tend to value keeping sexuality a secret.

They're the new frontier in the civil rights battle and although it will take a while, they absolutely will get there. They're just amazing

At 2:15. I think it's pretty clear what Oscar Isaac is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by viteh View Post

at 2:15. I think it's pretty clear what oscar isaac is talking about.
    Make it happen, Disney!
    Last edited by Reality; 12-30-2015 at 10:16 PM.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post

At 2:15. I think it's pretty clear what Oscar Isaac is talking about.
    BB8, that cute little fat droid
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I'm sure I was reading way too much into it but when Poe looked Finn up and down and said that his (Poe's) jacket looked better on Finn I was getting a gay vibe. Not sure if that was intentional on Oscar Isaac's part or not. Maybe if he continues down this path during interviews it'll put some pressure on Disney.
    Highlight the text for spoilers and such.

We made it too 300 pages!!!! YAY!!!!!
    (I have no idea why I'm so excited.)

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Spectacular Member Lycaon pictus's Avatar

Yo! Time Like Lightning! Just dropped in to say Happy New Year (and I hope you had a merry Christmas!)

22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lycaon pictus View Post
    Yo! Time Like Lightning! Just dropped in to say Happy New Year (and I hope you had a merry Christmas!)
    LP! Happy New Year to you, too. I don't post much on the boards much anymore, but I hope all's well with you. And if it's not, here's to improvements in 2016. BTW, my current pull list is "The Wicked + The Divine" and "Monstress." If you see this-- you?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.

Just poking my head in to say hi. Haven't posted in here in months. Went back to old habits of not leaving the marvel page. But I'm still around and things are good. Had Christmas with my partner's family in Adelaide. Survived the heat. Having a 40°C Christmas still weird me out.

Good for you. I know it hurts when they don't react the way you'd hoped but if you caught them off guard, they may just need time. Hopefully they come around.

I told my mom when I was 19. During a long car ride. She spent the rest of it talking to me about safe sex and how to go about it. I may still be a little scarred. I felt better about it though when two years later my older sister came out as bisexual and our mom did the same thing to her.