Page 490 of 550 FirstFirst ... 390440480486487488489490491492493494500540 ... LastLast
Results 7,336 to 7,350 of 8243

Just slipped in to say that Ben DeLaChrist spoilers:
    completely lost me. Has she no need of U$100,000? At least Adore had the decency to bow out as early as possible once she realized she couldn't handle it. Ben stuck around for 1/2 the season, got tons of positive exposure, won $25,000 in cash plus extra prizes, then left in a way painfully and obviously calculated to enhance her brand as a 'nice' queen. If she didn't want to play the game and if winning and the money meant nothing to her, she should have declined to come on AS3. You know a poor/sensible queen like Chi Chi or Morgan would NEVER pull this self-righteous, entitled foolishness. Win the $100,000 and pay for a shrink to weep to on an hourly basis. Jesus, Ben DeLaChrist! Nothing on Drag Race has ever made me this annoyed. She wasn't nice; she pulled a stunt.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again; All Star seasons are intentionally set up to give specific queens a crown. I firmly believe what happened last night is that one queen clued-in that she wasn't going to win anyway so she decided not to play the producer's game anymore, good for her.
    Like any of the queens think different. Chi Chi couldn't have possibly thought she had any chance of winning but she saw the opportunities inherent in appearing on the show. Ben saw those same opportunities, too, and milked them to her own ends in a way that comes off as disingenuous.
    Last edited by nx01a; 03-06-2018 at 07:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

I hope you're all picking up the new Lockjaw series from Marvel, as he has a very relatable gay sidekick now.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I hope you're all picking up the new Lockjaw series from Marvel, as he has a very relatable gay sidekick now.
    what a second... Lockjaw has a sidekick? Isn't he usually a sidekick?
    I have a high art. I wound with cruelty those that wound me

To the surprise of no one the director of the next "Fantastic Beasts" film admits Dumbledore won't be "explicitly gay".
    http://ew.com/movies/2018/01/31/fant...umbledore-gay/
    Sad, but not at all surprising. JK Rowling is no ally, she never has been. The fact she won't include an LGBT+ character in her franchise was bad enough, but when its the backstory about the (supposedly) gay one one true love... not including it is just...

It basically says everything, right? She has no interest in the LGBT+ community, only in the positive press she gets whenever she 'defends us' on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    There's some people saying we should add a k to lgbtiq. K for kink
    https://www.gaystarnews.com/article/...mpression=true
    If someone wants to think there's a K in plus of LGBT+, power to them. While it's 'technically' under the umbrella of sexuality, it really has nothing specific with the LGBT+ experience. Str8 people can be kinky too. I feel it's not really in keeping with the concept of what the lettering is supposed to stand for (then again we are so far removed from the original intent of LGBT as an acronym... to be devil's advocate: why not add a K? It got over-crowded long before now, what's one more letter?).

It won't effect me, I just put a +. What people want to see in that plus is up the them.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Maybe just replace the whole ever increasing acronym with some catch all neologism?
    I personally always use LGBT+ because it (hopefully) doesn't offend anyone (the + covers all the extra letters).

FUN FACT: The original catch-all umbrella term was gay, which worked for quite a while, but then some in the community took great dislike to everyone being labelled with (what was seen as) a male terminology, so it was changed, and we've never really found one that works for everyone after that. Pity.

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    Like queer? I think queer is a good umbrella term.
    I have never, nor will never consider myself part of any group that wants to label me with a word of hate. I'm sorry to sound so blunt, but I really think it's important those in the LGBT+ community (who advocate using that as an umbrella term) understand this. It will forever exclude some in the community. To advocate it as the umbrella term, it does (arguably unintentionally) say "I am fine with actively exclude some with this umbrella term. I'm fine with not including everyone. I'm fine with making the community not a safe place for some."

We need to find a term that works for everyone, not one that actively offends and therefore excludes a group of people. What someone calls themselves is entirely up to them, but if the goal is to find a terminology that will work for everyone, then that's arguabbly the worst (realistic) choice out there.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 03-09-2018 at 11:11 AM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

In regards to RuPaul's Drag Race...

I love me some All Stars. I personally think the winners lip-syncing produces more exciting lip-syncs; I love the format and deliberation. All Stars is my favourite, and All Star 2 remains my favourite series of Drag Race. Now for [SPOILERS] up to the end of Ep 6 (haven't seen yesterday's episode yet)
    spoilers:
    I'm #TeamDela always have been. After Alaska she's my favourite queen, and I was so so happy. She slayed. She's the winner, ulimately, not only producing gag worthy moments -- including her elimination -- but as performances go she slayed. With her gone I'm rooting for Shangela, and I'm afraid to say Trixie... I don't get it. I don't get why she has so many fans, I've only see one thing this season that was impressive: the first half of her Bitchelor. And hell... even Jayden Dior Fierce had one good moment .

I feel bad for whoever wins, because they'll be the Coco of Drag Race. A winner "by default, by default mama". Ru should just crown Ben, since his score can't be reached or bettered, not even close. IF Shangela and Bebe win in the next (and last) winnable episode that'll be 3 wins. Which is still TWO SHY of Ben. Personally I think Ru will crown a winner BUT then in the Reunion also crown Ben (as the Ms. Congeniality Queen of the Hall of Fame). It's the only way to avoid the "winner" being known as "the default winner".
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Allen View Post
    I thought QUILTBAG might catch on but it hasn't. (Queer/Questioning, Undecided, Intersex, Lesbian, Trans (Transgender/Transsexual), Bisexual, Asexual, and/or Gay/Genderqueer)
    Personally, I'm sorry to say it sounds too silly (to me) to get traction. Makes me think of teabagging, sorry. I'd certainly never use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Allen View Post
    And, people have lost their jobs and/or custody of their children because of their kinks.
    People have lost their jobs over religion and political opinions, but I'm afraid that doesn't mean we add that to the ever grown alphabet of the LGBT+ community.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Haven't posted in this thread for a while, but on seeing it being discussed again, I DETEST the Q word and if anyone called me it, they'd be likely to get a punch.

It's not reclaimed in the UK, at least not where I am. It's an insult, and a reaffirming that LGBT isnt 'normal' by very definition of the word.
    I'm from the UK, I hate it too. And yes I came back on SPECIFICALLY to support legion here and point that out!

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlad View Post
    Anyone watching ACS: The Assassination of Gianni Versace? Yeah it's verry Ryan Murphy - but I think quite an ambitious portrait of homophobia (overt and internalised) in the 90's. We've come a long way guys (in the western world that is).
    No spoilers but this weeks Drag Race All Stars - Snatch Game episode was pretty meh IMO.
    Loved season 1, very excited to see this! Can't wait for season 2 of Feud also. Ryan Murphy's adult shows fill me with joy; and I love how he is so actively hiring and re-hiring openly out actors. It makes a huge difference, because there are still many who do not consider us for lead roles.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 03-09-2018 at 11:07 AM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Hi Kieran, it's so good to see you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Sad, but not at all surprising. JK Rowling is no ally, she never has been. The fact she won't include an LGBT+ character in her franchise was bad enough, but when its the backstory about the (supposedly) gay one one true love... not including it is just...

It basically says everything, right? She has no interest in the LGBT+ community, only in the positive press she gets whenever she 'defends us' on twitter.
    Yep. I can't stand it when people act like she's a huge ally to us just because she uses some generic comebacks against homophobes on twitter.

Hi Kieran, it's so good to see you again.

Yep. I can't stand it when people act like she's a huge ally to us just because she uses some generic comebacks against homophobes on twitter.
    Sadly agreed! To be fair, she's not alone in this. Aaron Sorkin does the same thing with his TV and film work, advocates how wonderful we are, what special, magic unicorns we are... then never include us in his plethora of main and supporting cast in any meaningful way. JJ Abrams is another; he talks the talk, but doesn't walk the walk. Which is why I'm not holding any hope for Star Wars including any LGBT+ characters for a while.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 03-09-2018 at 11:26 AM.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post

Sadly agreed! To be fair, she's not alone in this. Aaron Sorkin does the same thing with his TV and film work, advocates how wonderful we are, what special, magic unicorns we are... then never include us in his plethora of main and supporting cast in any meaningful way. JJ Abrams is another; he talks the talk, but doesn't walk the walk. Which is why I'm not holding any hope for Star Wars including any LGBT+ characters for a while.
    It really is good to have you back, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximaCoita View Post
    what a second... Lockjaw has a sidekick? Isn't he usually a sidekick?
    When characters get promoted to headliner status, they get there own supporting cast. Lockjaw's is a gay guy with a long history in the Marvel Universe.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

So it has been a week since last week's All Stars 3 aired, so I am guessing spoilers are no longer needed? Right? Yes? I'll use em anyways...

spoilers:
    The main reason I was so annoyed, was because the episode proved how fake the show is. Like I get it, it is reality TV, there is going to be some shenanigans. But the obvious blatant visibility of it last week so so ridiculous! BeBe won that lip-sync hands down. Ben didn't even come close (and this is coming from someone who has been rooting for Ben since episode 1). Who gave Ben whiteout!? The whole thing was scripted beyond belief.

And for what reason!? It completely took the fun out of the competition for me. No matter who wins now, it is always going to come with a caveat. Only reason you have the crown was because the clear winner decided to leave the show.

Ru should be ashamed!
    end of spoilers

Nope, inhuman book ��

Nope, inhuman book ��
    Is he, though? Or is he just an Earth pup that the Inhumans experimented on?

Hillary was right!

Is he, though? Or is he just an Earth pup that the Inhumans experimented on?
    There is a theory that is actually a human who then became a dog, it wouldnt be stange since there is an inhuman who is a door.

There is a theory that is actually a human who then became a dog, it wouldnt be stange since there is an inhuman who is a door.
    That "theory" was rendered non-canon by Peter David in X-Factor something like a quarter century ago.

Hillary was right!

When characters get promoted to headliner status, they get there own supporting cast. Lockjaw's is a gay guy with a long history in the Marvel Universe.
    Man, I never really followed any of the Inhuman stuff. Had no interest in Inhumans until Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Kamala Khan came along.
    I have a high art. I wound with cruelty those that wound me