Page 550 of 550 FirstFirst ... 50450500540546547548549550
Results 8,236 to 8,245 of 8245

Yeah, great to see more Asian countries getting marriage equality. Hopefully Japan next

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Default Who is Devlin Waugh?

"He’s a charming occult investigator, worldwide celebrity, and full-time vampire, as well as one of the first openly gay characters in British comics. But what else do we need to know about Devlin Waugh?"

https://2000ad.com/news/who-is-devli...eid=6f32ab617f
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

This is impressive: The coach of Austria's national soccer team has kicked three players out for their homophobic chanting after their team, Rapid Wien, had beaten the other team from Vienna.

Story in German: https://www.queer.de/detail.php?article_id=48789

Default Review: In Beat Takeshi’s Kubi, Samurai are Queer Yakuza

"Internationally famed director Kitano Takeshi is back with his new samurai epic, Kubi. The violent, darkly funny film has some surprises in store for viewers."

BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

That looks pretty good. I remember liking Ôshima's Gohatto (1999), which pissed off Japanese conservatives at the time. Unfortunately, there's very few depictions of homosexuality among samurai in media even though it was very common.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    That looks pretty good. I remember liking Ôshima's Gohatto (1999), which pissed off Japanese conservatives at the time. Unfortunately, there's very few depictions of homosexuality among samurai in media even though it was very common.
    Yeah, Taboo/Gohatto immediately came to my mind! (Also how surprising that Beat Takeshi is one of the main characters in that movie, as in Kubi.) By the way, if you found Gohatto enjoyable, you might like Gonin as well.

https://mydramalist.com/7582-gonin

It's a little bit depressing and dark tale about how you shouldn't get involved with the yakuza. There are 4 queer male characters in this movie, but the main focus is not their queerness -- these characters just happen to be non-straight.

I've seen Gonin too!

A few years ago I discovered a really cool actor named Akihiro Miwa from Beat Takeshi's film Takeshis’ (2005). Miwa's been acting since the late 50s and almost always performs in drag, usually in queer roles/films. I went through his filmography and fell in love with Black Lizard 1968.

It's wild how transgressive the average Japanese film from this period was compared to Hollywood or Europe.

pCfBeLJigKnUWOAy7hsdBR7K0UV.jpg
    Akihiro Miwa, 1968

German parliament today votes on the Selbstbestimmungsgesetz.
    That long-ass word means "self determination law" and allows trans men and women to legally change their gender from that assigned at birth without the previously required psychiatric determination. The previous process had been considered demeaning by many and had kept at least one trans friend of mine from fully transitioning.

TERFS on twitter are not happy, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    German parliament today votes on the Selbstbestimmungsgesetz.
    That long-ass word means "self determination law" and allows trans men and women to legally change their gender from that assigned at birth without the previously required psychiatric determination. The previous process had been considered demeaning by many and had kept at least one trans friend of mine from fully transitioning.

TERFS on twitter are not happy, of course.
    374 in favor
    231 against
    11 abstained

The law has passed. A good day for the tans community in Germany.