Page 358 of 550 FirstFirst ... 258308348354355356357358359360361362368408458 ... LastLast
Results 5,356 to 5,370 of 8245

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Hey guys. Just thought I'd stop in and say hi. I'm going back home to the Midwest tomorrow for a week. I'll be at Chicago Pride and then the following weekend is my best friends wedding! Lesbian wedding and I'm so psyched! Happy Friday!
    Happy Friday and have a great time at Pride and at your friend's wedding! I'm sure you will have a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Totally off topic really, but I am in such shock today.

Cannot believe Brexit won.

Just.....damn
    Yes it was not a good decision. People are saying LGBT rights might need to be renegotiated but I don't think there will be many problems there. The U.K. Is very LGBT friendly compared to the rest of the world.

But in terms of science, the arts, digital and video games, technology, humanity, economy, providing a defence from Putin and Isis, it's very bad news. If I were the British I would just try and pretend the Brexit never happened. It was a plebiscite not a referendum right? Once people see how badly the economy tanks without the EU, it probably wouldn't be political suicide to ignore it

I have an ackward question but I don't know who else to turn to. I tried to do some research online but I can't find anything useful.

I've just started seeing this new guy and it's going really well but we're having trouble with him relaxing before sex. He suggested we try poppers. Does everyone in the gay community use poppers before sex? And are they legal and safe? If we can't get them, what should we use?

Hopefully that question doesn't make people blush but as I said, I don't know who to ask. It's not like I can ask my parents

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I have an ackward question but I don't know who else to turn to. I tried to do some research online but I can't find anything useful.

I've just started seeing this new guy and it's going really well but we're having trouble with him relaxing before sex. He suggested we try poppers. Does everyone in the gay community use poppers before sex? And are they legal and safe? If we can't get them, what should we use?

Hopefully that question doesn't make people blush but as I said, I don't know who to ask. It's not like I can ask my parents
    I'm still a virgin and I've never used poppers so I don't know how much help I could be, but as far as I'm aware poppers are legal as for them being safe I believe as long as you don't ingest the liquid or have a heart condition then they are supposed to be relatively safe. I remember seeing this article on the advocate listing and discussing the effectiveness of many different kinds of lubrication for gay sex. I don't know if it'd be helpful to you but if the issue is with being penetrated comfortably then maybe trying some of the lubricants listed could make a difference.
    http://www.advocate.com/love-and-sex...man-should-try

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

The legality of poppers depends on where you are and on how they're presented/sold, with the pretense that they're not just used for getting high.

They're relatively harmless, though they can deliver burns or complications may arise from over-use or consistent over-use, but you could say that about coffee or cheeseburgers, too, at about the same ratios (or more so, maybe). You might have a headache after use, sometimes, or light sensitivity. Recent studies with a relatively small sample pool have suggested hated everyday use over decades may lead to vision impairment, but so far those are inconclusive.

And, yeah, in my experience, they're close to being a global gay scene phenomena, though I'm sure, by and large, most same-sex sex does not involve them. They're definitely a pre-sex, or just-before-clubbing drug, though.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Happy London Pride, my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Totally off topic really, but I am in such shock today.
    Cannot believe Brexit won.
    Just.....damn
    I can't even... yesterday was just very upsetting. I have no love for the EU as a governing body; but so many of my friends are immigrants, the SNP will use this for a second awful independence referendum, and all if this just stimulates hate not love.

Yes it was not a good decision. People are saying LGBT rights might need to be renegotiated but I don't think there will be many problems there. The U.K. Is very LGBT friendly compared to the rest of the world.
    No. We don't need the EU for gay rights; we already have better gay rights than most of Europe. It was an erroneous statement by a leaflet that snowballed; our gay rights will be fine.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Extraordinary Member

Awesome pride event in London.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Anybody else reading A Train Called Love? Any thoughts on Ennis and Dos Santos' range of romances and sexualities? On the nature of the main gay coupling (older action star, hopeful young actor) and the drawing out of the main sexual dynamic between two women?
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Ultimate Member

True -- I think the Skins TV series was the first time I'd ever seen a well-developed LGBT couple (Naomi and Emily) on network television -- though Will and Grace and/or Ellen may have done the same here in America prior to that.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 06-25-2016 at 01:36 PM.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I'm not so worried about human rights with leaving the EU, it's more what it means financially and just in terms of these bastard old people winning
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Yeah, it's definitely a generational issue. I actually wonder if this will cause the younger generation to be even more pro EU so that the world is very different when the older peeps die out. It's like here in Australia, so much has changed generationally. My grandparents generation considered themselves part of the British empire. My parents were more determined to establish an Australian identity and even possibly go independent. My generation (in my opinion) actually tries to reject that very Aussie kind of identity and tends to get embarrassed when we encounter the surfing, dinky di, wearing thongs kind of idea of Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I'm still a virgin and I've never used poppers so I don't know how much help I could be, but as far as I'm aware poppers are legal as for them being safe I believe as long as you don't ingest the liquid or have a heart condition then they are supposed to be relatively safe. I remember seeing this article on the advocate listing and discussing the effectiveness of many different kinds of lubrication for gay sex. I don't know if it'd be helpful to you but if the issue is with being penetrated comfortably then maybe trying some of the lubricants listed could make a difference.
    http://www.advocate.com/love-and-sex...man-should-try
    Thanks for the article! I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    True -- I think the Skins TV series was the first time I'd ever seen a well-developed LGBT couple (Naomi and Emily) on network television -- though Will and Grace and/or Ellen may have done the same here in America prior to that.
    Yeah, I've literally never seen better lgbtiq rep than on British tele. Especially because of Russell t Davies.

And yeah I saw the pictures from London Pride. Absolutely stellar. Isn't it so much fun to check out pictures of pride from all over the world. Plus, the mayor, sadiq khan, is exactly the sort of person labour should be getting as the new opposition leader now. Obviously can't be him because he's busy but someone like him

Invincible Member

There's a big Pride parade scheduled today and I live close to start point. It's interesting to see all police helicopters overhead this year. ..

What a shame though. Oh well, if it deters someone from doing something terrible then I suppose we'll just have to put up with it at least for a bit

I have a boyfriend now we're going to see central intelligence on Thursday for my birthday. He's stayed a few nights at my place. I like him a lot

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

I have a boyfriend now we're going to see central intelligence on Thursday for my birthday. He's stayed a few nights at my place. I like him a lot
    Congratulations. So... did the article I recommended provide any help?