Page 531 of 550 FirstFirst ... 31431481521527528529530531532533534535541 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,965 of 8245

US Supreme Court backs protection for LGBT workers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53055632

What a relief! Finally some good news

My friend, who is MUCH more skilled in photoshop than me, did this treat for me for Pride (as I'm running out of good photos from my own Pride shoot to upload). I hesitate to post it, as it's shirtless; but the whole point of getting into doing fun photoshoots these last two years was specifically to combat my body issues/be body positive. So... enjoy. Don't enjoy. It's entirely up to you...

It’s so important that all the wonderful support for the #blacklivesmatter movement doesn’t lose momentum. We must keep posting, keep striving for a better world. Already laws are coming into place to make sure this doesn’t happen again. But more must be done. It’s so important to show up come November AND VOTE! Vote to bring in fairer lawmakers. Vote to give power to those who will fight for minorities and hear our voices. This month is #Pride. But LGBT+ rights matter all year round. Black lives matter all year round. This must not become just an isolated moment in time. This must become the new normal

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I remember 4 years ago I went to the gym and literally hit the punching bags till my knuckles were bleeding.
    Didn't help.
    It never does. Don't do that again; the only person it hurts is you. If you need an outlet I do agree exercise is a great one, or smash a plate. Plates don't have feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
    US Supreme Court backs protection for LGBT workers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53055632
    I'm honestly surprised (and elated) by this; FINALLY some good news in these troubling times. Not to rain on the parade, but I thought the Republicans had stacked the Supreme Court to specifically not have them be supportive of issues like this, or am I misunderstanding which judges they have put in place where???

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    What a relief! Finally some good news
    Very, very happy.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Believe it or not, but sometimes, not very often, but sometimes, when a judge has a lifetime appointment, and no longer has to depend on politics to maintain their position, they grow a conscience. I'm not saying that will apply to Gorsuch on every issue, but it does seem to apply here.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    My friend, who is MUCH more skilled in photoshop than me, did this treat for me for Pride (as I'm running out of good photos from my own Pride shoot to upload). I hesitate to post it, as it's shirtless; but the whole point of getting into doing fun photoshoots these last two years was specifically to combat my body issues/be body positive. So... enjoy. Don't enjoy. It's entirely up to you...
    That is so HOT. Don't EVER apologise. The shirtless the better. What a fantastic happy trail. So sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Believe it or not, but sometimes, not very often, but sometimes, when a judge has a lifetime appointment, and no longer has to depend on politics to maintain their position, they grow a conscience. I'm not saying that will apply to Gorsuch on every issue, but it does seem to apply here.
    That is kind of AWESOME! So they could be completely against everything the President wanted them to support and vice-versa?

That is so HOT. Don't EVER apologise.
    Ha! Thank-you.

The shirtless the better. What a fantastic happy trail. So sexy.
    That was my third ever shirtless shoot, just before isolation. Very happy how the images turned out.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Two Out Gay Candidates Slated to Win Congressional Seats

Torres’s expected win is especially sweet as the primary had 12 candidates, one of whom, Ruben Diaz Sr., was the favorite to win. Diaz is a native Puerto Rican who has been a state senator and currently represents the 18th District in City Council. But he has a long history of homophobia and is virulently anti-abortion. That Torres, 55 years Diaz’s junior, rose to the head of the pack of so many candidates is telling: Torres has been a highly effective member of City Council, and his progressive politics will bring a fresh vision to the district.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Officially Pride is nearly at an end in the UK (even though we celebrate it in July too), but just because the month has ended, doesn’t mean the fight is over. #blacklivesmatter. They matter. They still matter. They will always matter. ALL black lives matter. And while the burning rage about the injustice of the past month is (sadly, but inevitably) cooling, it’s important we still keep that torch alive. It's important to still support black businesses and black artist. It’s important to write to your politicians and ask them to do more to curb the institutional racism within the police. It’s important to find out what your local MP feels on the matter and come Election Day vote for those who will make substantial change within our society. We can do better. Please do better. We MUST do better. This must be the new normal. ALL Black🌈Lives🌈Matter

This is excellent news. We needed some positive results, so I'm happy to hear this.

Ultimate Member

This might not meaning anything but my school district did an update on the student code of conduct for the upcoming school year.

This was added

FNCA (LOCAL) STUDENT CONDUCT – DRESS CODE
    The Administration updated the language under the standardized dress code to ensure that the policy does not promote or reinforce specific stereotypes, including equitable education access and remain gender neutral.

Page 3 Secondary Schools Grades 9-12 margin note added language: Principals must have procedures in place to provide standardized dress clothing reflective of a student’s gender identity or expression to those in need of assistance.
    Page 3 Added a margin note and supporting language: Natural Hair and Hair Styles. Natural hair and natural hair styles will not be discriminated against or penalized in any way.

I have not seen a non binary student at my school ir in the district.

I do have one MAJOR concern. If a student identifies as non-binary-we can't put that in our school database. It has to be boy or girl.

And before anyone asks-while technology wise we could change it in our system-that is a STATE issue. Because we all share a state wide database that would have to be changed to include those type of kids.

FYI this database does not recognize bi-racial children and this has been an issue for almost 10+ years.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

A very deserving winner.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Veterans walk London Pride route to celebrate 50th anniversary

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-53205320

ART BY CHEYNE
    https://www.instagram.com/artbycheyne/

EPISODE I

EPISODE II

EPISODE III

New Stonewall boss suggests fresh approach to division on trans rights.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...s-nancy-kelley

How the world celebrated 50 years of Pride - despite the pandemic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-...e-the-pandemic