Page 371 of 550 FirstFirst ... 271321361367368369370371372373374375381421471 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,565 of 8245
    Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    ''The tender, heartbreaking story of a young man’s struggle to find himself, told across three defining chapters in his life as he experiences the ecstasy, pain, and beauty of falling in love, while grappling with his own sexuality. ''
    All I've seen is the thumbnail in my subscription feed, yet knowing it's about racial identity (or at least assuming as much) is enough to draw me in immediately.

Met up with a friend in Brighton for a few days! It's such a queer friendly city and basically I love it. So many rainbow flags everywhere, and there's an LGBT charity shop with a decent selection of queer themed books (and also the Raven DVD game, but anyway.) I'm at the point of thinking I'd love to live there after I graduate. Bookshops, independent comic shops, amazing culture, vegan restaurants. I love it!

Watched the DVD of the documentary The Celluloid Closet. It's pretty dated now, but it offers a (far too brief) overview of often coded early queer representation. I would have preferred to see a more extended focus on early cinema and the Code era (1920s-50s), but that's what the book is for. The real strength is the interviewees the film has - including Susan Sarandon, Quentin Crisp, Whoopi Goldberg, Richard Dyer and Tony Curtis who offer a lot of good insight. But you can tell it's a made for TV documentary from the 90s and it can be a bit 'talking heads' at points - although there's some nice use of supercuts of film clips.

Also watched Céline Sciamma's Tomboy on iPlayer. I was already in love with her film Girlhood, which truly does shine bright like a diamond (sorry), but Tomboy really does a good job at showing childhood gender dysphoria. I don't want to gender Mickaël/Laure (although I feel more comfortable them as male, although many critics stick to 'she' pronouns), but it shows not only parental resistance yet accepting children but it also depicts early stages of the transgender experience - like using packers (even if it's made of Play-Doh here), feeling comfortable going swimming and using urinals, and so on. Plus Para One does his best Philip Glass impression and ugh it's great

Fusion posted a great documentary on trans athletes entitled No League of Their Own and as expected the comments section is an absolute mess

Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Quote Originally Posted by BatGlamorous View Post
    I would read the hell out of a Midnighter/Lobo mini.

The pairing randomly came to mind, just thought I would share.
    FYI -

Search "The Authority Lobo" in most any search engine.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    http://deadline.com/2016/08/cw-seed-...im-1201802118/

CW is releasing a "The Ray" and animated DC Universe series starring a gay character. I'm not familiar with the character but I'll be sure to check this out!
    I saw that! Very happy although I'm surprised batwoman or midnighter weren't the first choices. Did you hear the new Star Trek series will have a gay character too? Very exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    This looks interesting !

''The tender, heartbreaking story of a young man’s struggle to find himself, told across three defining chapters in his life as he experiences the ecstasy, pain, and beauty of falling in love, while grappling with his own sexuality. ''
    That looks fascinating. Interesting choice of name too. It's probably not related but Captain Midnite was the name of a famous gay bushranger back in the Australian gold rush days

Quote Originally Posted by BatGlamorous View Post
    I would read the hell out of a Midnighter/Lobo mini.

The pairing randomly came to mind, just thought I would share.
    That's cool. I'm dying to see Midnighter and Wonder Woman team up

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I have spent my Saturday watching 'The Get Down' on Netflix.

Jaden Smith has made sure to include his seeming 'bisexual agenda' into his role. And it works, really well.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

I can't wait to see that. My boyfriend is really into r and b so I want to wait and watch it with him

BANNED

Cute cartoon by queer Mormon Hispanic cartoonist Terry Blas:

http://www.vox.com/2015/8/19/9173457...c-latino-comic

BANNED

I found this a very useful dating glossary. Even at my age, I would have gotten a couple wrong. I always thought CBT was that controlled breathing thing.
    Warning: NSFW imagery.

https://www.planetromeo.com/en/blog/...-dating-slang/

BANNED

Apropos of that, while keeping it clean, what are some of the weirdest preferences and fetishes you have come across while (online) dating?

The most amusing for me must have been "wet preppy" which basically was guys dressed in preppy fashions, dowsed in water or dumped in a pool.

And the scariest a guy who wanted me to squeeze his body against a wall - with my car.

And no, I didn't go out with either of them.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I have spent my Saturday watching 'The Get Down' on Netflix.

Jaden Smith has made sure to include his seeming 'bisexual agenda' into his role. And it works, really well.
    Jaden Smith is so uuuuugggghhhh yes (and I never thought I'd say that)

Part of me wants to watch it, but whilst Baz Luhrmann was fantastic directing Romeo + Juliet and The Great Gatsby (IMO), Moulin Rouge still gives me nightmares.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    Apropos of that, while keeping it clean, what are some of the weirdest preferences and fetishes you have come across while (online) dating?

The most amusing for me must have been "wet preppy" which basically was guys dressed in preppy fashions, dowsed in water or dumped in a pool.

And the scariest a guy who wanted me to squeeze his body against a wall - with my car.

Umm perhaps not so unusual was a guy that flew over from another city to spend a weekend with me. He said he was into wrestling and I thought "oh cool wrestling as foreplay" but no he was just into the wrestling ;(

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlad View Post
    Umm perhaps not so unusual was a guy that flew over from another city to spend a weekend with me. He said he was into wrestling and I thought "oh cool wrestling as foreplay" but no he was just into the wrestling ;(
    I hope you had enough fold-up chairs on hand?

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    Jaden Smith is so uuuuugggghhhh yes (and I never thought I'd say that)

Part of me wants to watch it, but whilst Baz Luhrmann was fantastic directing Romeo + Juliet and The Great Gatsby (IMO), Moulin Rouge still gives me nightmares.
    Yeah I hated moulin rouge. The great Gatsby had its moments but Romeo and Juliet is one of the most romantic movies I've ever seen (til the ending of course).

Bf and I tried to give the get down a go but we...got distracted.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post

One guy was really into adult diapers :I

BANNED

The "pill instead of condom" variety of safer sex seems to be very effective:

No new HIV infections seen in San Francisco's Strut PrEP programme

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Yeah I hated moulin rouge. The great Gatsby had its moments but Romeo and Juliet is one of the most romantic movies I've ever seen (til the ending of course).

Bf and I tried to give the get down a go but we...got distracted.
    Baz Luhrmann is hit or miss for me, but Moulin Rouge! is my favourite of his work. Love the music and Nicole Kidman and Jim Broadbent are just so wonderful in it.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Please remember that Lurhman is only involved with directing the first episode, and possibly the last (released next year).

The rest of the episodes are done by random other people, and while Lurhman still have influence over the creative direction, the show actually really picks up after his stuff is over with.

It took me until part way through episode 3 to get hooked, and I really have to credit Jaden Smith for it, just for playing this weird 70s exitensial hippy and looking damn good doing it - and I never thought I'd say that about him! (as well as the guy whose playing a drugged up record producer who is just playing the role really well, but isnt hot at all)
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God