Page 436 of 550 FirstFirst ... 336386426432433434435436437438439440446486536 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,540 of 8245

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Yeah, but the general public also has no idea that Iceman is gay, or that Northstar, Wiccan, and Daken exist.
    Not true. At least about Iceman and Northstar.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Harry Styles has delivered another "don't label me, girls, who hot guys, guys hot girls, what" vagueness about his sexuality. So... one step closer.
    Don't hold ur breath. He's straight.

This is just queerbaiting.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    The general public has no idea Mystique is bi.
    LOL! You complain no-one responded and when we do you tell us why we're wrong.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Not true. At least about Iceman and Northstar.
    We're going to have to disagree about that.
    At best, the general public knows Ice Man was in X-Men 2, and Rogue's love sort-of interest.

LOL! You complain no-one responded and when we do you tell us why we're wrong.
    Lol. I didn't complain that no one responded. I complained that everyone took the questions so seriously. Its a comic book forum.

And in regard to Mystique most people think shes just Jennifer Lawrence and don't really know the characters personality much less sexuality.

We're going to have to disagree about that.
    At best, the general public knows Ice Man was in X-Men 2, and Rogue's love sort-of interest.
    I get your point, but I'm basing it on my bubble. Iceman made a lot of news coming out and had been made fun of for being closeted on Family Guy and such for awhile. So many of me general public friends knew. And Northstar is a bit more off the path but also was news worthy when it happened. I had a superhero party in college and some gay friends that dont read comics came as Northstar. But he certainly isn't that well know.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED

Hercules has been a gay icon at least since the "sandal movies" and he's been bi in literature for millennia.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/04/16...ign=PNFacebook

An article about TERFs from PinkNews.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    The title of the show already had me annoyed, and so when I actually tried to watch it, I ended up turning off in disgust.
    Such a terrible title. Completely lacking in sensitivity. May as well called if "Fa**o* Britain". Because some are 'reclaiming' the word. SMH.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    It was like they were trying to justify extreme stereotypes that many have been trying to get away from for decades in the media, and then tell people that all this labelling doesnt matter....by labelling people!

Stupid show.
    Agreed. It felt like the producers (who are already tone-deaf based on the title) planned what "messages" they wanted to tell, then went and tried to justify those thoughts with "interviews" shaped to form the narrative THEY wanted to 'expose' as the only truth. It was very, VERY lazy journalism/documentary making. I won't be watching any more episodes, what's the point? The message they are manipulating is clearly not for someone like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Thanks for the support, you two ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Spun Sorceress View Post
    Those assumptions people make wear me down too.
    Personally it doesn't wear me down, privilege rarely does (then again I only have to suffer through one form of privilege, where as you experience at-least two kinds, so it's probably doubly exhausting to you). My attitude has always been privilege is nothing but ignorance (and 90% of ignorance is not malicious, merely lacking of thought). It's something to confront, something to educate, something to stimulate debate. And if someone objects to using terms like privilege, hell yes we shut it down and edu-ma-cate them the HARD WAY, with #truthbombsOFLOVE. Educate, educate and educate some more; that's my motto.

Thing is, there aren't any iconic LGBTQ characters from superhero comics. Iconic means Superman, Batman, Robin, Wonder Woman, Spider-Man, a few of their villains, and not a whole lot more. Characters people who have never been read or watched a superhero stories in any medium will recognise. Definitely nothing connected to Wildstorm or Alpha flight.
    I would say (based on that criteria) the only "iconic" Marvel LGBT character is Northstar. FUN FACT: Alpha Flight #106, where Northstar comes out, is (still?) the only comic book issue to have been inducted into the Gay-lactic Hall of Fame
    #themoreyouknow

Yo Kieran and any other British user i hope you guys are fine, is sad to hear what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    Yo Kieran and any other British user i hope you guys are fine, is sad to hear what happened.
    I'm safe thank you (as are all my friends in Manchester). Such a horrible day

Of course there is "straight privilege." We're not discussing whether it exists in this thread. If you don't believe in the notion, then don't complain about it here. And if you can't figure out what it is, then you're not thinking hard enough, and the posters aren't here to explain obvious concepts to you. It's as much of a trolling question as asking people "What is homosexuality?"

BANNED

Marriage equality has come to Taiwan. Awesome!

^_^

Took me a while to realize that he is hugging the symbiote off of him lol

Went to see Alien: Covenant today. As far as LGBT+ rep. goes in the film...SPOILERS AHEAD

spoilers:
    One half of the same-sex couple is the fifth person to get killed. His husband survives nearly to the end, but his body is used as an incubator for a Xenomorph. The only sign that you get that they are an actual couple is the husband crying and holding his hand when he dies. The straight couples in the film get to call each other honey and baby; they get to kiss each other and say "I have to save my wife" or "I know you miss your husband"; and they also get sexy makeout sessions in the shower. I understand big budget movies play it "safer", so that they can offend the least amount of people domestically (U.S.) and abroad, but when is the trend really going to stop? When will a movie like this bust through the glass ceiling and show their same-sex couples in the same light as their opposite sex-couples? I'm not sure if the creators of this film hyped up their gay characters the way Power Rangers and Beauty and the Beast did (and failed to deliver on), but I can't say that I wasn't disappointed. I should know better by now, but I still hold out hope that one movie will break the cycle.

Jussie Smollett (Jamal from Empire) was in the film too, so it was cool to see him. I didn't know he was in it.
    end of spoilers

I'm so saddened by the news in Manchester. All of my thoughts are with the people there and in the other parts of the world who are going through tragedies like that.

The news about Taiwan is great to her, jean. I'm so happy for them ^_^
    Last edited by Charmed; 05-24-2017 at 09:23 PM.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

BANNED

Ben & Jerry’s bans two scoops of same flavor until marriage equality comes to Australia

Ben & Jerry’s announced today that it was barring customers at is 26 stores in Australia from ordering two scoops of the same flavor.

It’s doing so to highlight the lack of marriage equality for LGBTI people in Australia.

‘Imagine heading down to your local Scoop Shop to order your favorite two scoops of Cookie Dough in a waffle cone. But you find out you are not allowed – Ben & Jerry’s has banned two scoops of the same flavor. You’d be furious!’ said the company in a statement.

‘But this doesn’t even begin to compare to how furious you would be if you were told you were not allowed to marry the person you love.

‘So we are banning two scoops of the same flavor and encouraging our fans to contact their MPs to tell them that the time has come – make same sex marriage legal! Love comes in all flavours!’

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Went to see Alien: Covenant today. As far as LGBT+ rep. goes in the film...
    When it comes to these films, getting your hopes up at all is setting yourself up to wind up bummed out.

From the sound of something I came across elsewhere, the bulk of what happened in the time between the close of Prometheus and this film wound up going into a novel that comes out this fall.