Page 298 of 550 FirstFirst ... 198248288294295296297298299300301302308348398 ... LastLast
Results 4,456 to 4,470 of 8245

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Hello sir Reading over my posts today, I want to offer my sincere apologies. I was way out of line, and shouldn't have taken your "hopeful but not a deal breaker" as a lack of interest or support. I don't want to go on my stag do with this guilt weighing me down. Again, I am very sorry and was completely out of line.
    It's cool. I could tell your passion got the better of you. I won't hold a grudge.

Have fun at the pre-wedding bash!
    Last edited by Reality; 12-20-2015 at 04:52 PM.

So. I saw Star Wars again. Two things:

One- I definitely got a romantic vibe from Finn and Poe and a sibling/best friend vibe from Finn and Rey. I think it's 50/50 that they could be straight or gay. And it makes sense that it would be saved for the sequel, because it both mirrors Episode 4 (with only hints of romance) and with so much diversity being introduced already I can see Disney wanting to piss off the bigots less twice as opposed to a lot once. But, I can also see them lacking the balls to go through with it, despite their making a statement on the matter with the novel starring a gay lead. So yeah... looks very plausible, even hinted at, but time will tell.

Two- I think I'm catching Star Wars fandom, and am afraid for my wallet/sanity/free time/wallet. DAMN YOU DISNEEEEEY!
    Last edited by Reality; 12-21-2015 at 04:53 AM.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

I just read this article on NewNowNext about tv shows that should fix the damage they've done to their storylines about gay characters. It's kinda depressing but I thought I'd share it here.

http://www.newnownext.com/tv-shows-gay-2016/12/2015/

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I just read this article on NewNowNext about tv shows that should fix the damage they've done to their storylines about gay characters. It's kinda depressing but I thought I'd share it here.

Those shows all kind of look lame to me regardless of the gay factor.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Eh, some of that criticism reads more like 'I dont like the story' than any actual issues with the LGBT characters, but there are a few points hidden amongst the opinion.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reality View Post
    So. I saw Star Wars again. Two things:

One- spoilers:
    I definitely got a romantic vibe from Finn and Poe and a sibling/best friend vibe from Finn and Rey. I think it's 50/50 that they could be straight or gay. And it makes sense that it would be saved for the sequel, because it both mirrors Episode 4 (with only hints of romance)
    end of spoilers and with so much diversity being introduced already I can see Disney wanting to piss off the bigots less twice as opposed to a lot once. But, I can also see them lacking the balls to go through with it, despite their making a statement on the matter with the novel starring a gay lead. So yeah... looks very plausible, even hinted at, but time will tell.

Two- I think I'm catching Star Wars fandom, and am afraid for my wallet/sanity/free time/wallet. DAMN YOU DISNEEEEEY!
    I ship Stormpilot (Tumblr's most popular name for Finn/Poe) so bad. I just really don't think Disney would ever do it. I'm guessing they'll try to shove Rey with either Finn or Poe in the next one, even though I'd much prefer her to be the Luke and Obi-Wan of this trilogy and not really be involved in a romance. spoilers:
    Poe and Rey would seem out of nowhere, considering how little interaction they had in this one, and I know Rey and Finn got close but to your point, it really did read as a more platonic but strong friendship.
    end of spoilers
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I think if they were to make any character LGBT, it would be more likely to be Rey.

Lesbians are much easier to have accepted, plus all the straight nerdy stereotype fan boys will lap it up.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Time Like Lightning View Post
    I ship Stormpilot (Tumblr's most popular name for Finn/Poe) so bad. I just really don't think Disney would ever do it. I'm guessing they'll try to shove Rey with either Finn or Poe in the next one, even though I'd much prefer her to be the Luke and Obi-Wan of this trilogy and not really be involved in a romance. spoilers:
    Poe and Rey would seem out of nowhere, considering how little interaction they had in this one, and I know Rey and Finn got close but to your point, it really did read as a more platonic but strong friendship.
    end of spoilers
    I really hope Rey doesn't end up with anyone. Unless they introduce a new character, I don't really see a good candidate.

Finn? Seems to be a friendship. Better that way.
    Poe? Barely know each other.
    Kylo Ren? spoilers:
    Well, potential incest is very SW, but I don't see it happening
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Viteh; 12-22-2015 at 02:19 PM.

22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I really hope Rey doesn't end up with anyone. Unless they introduce a new character, I don't really see a good candidate.

Kylo Ren? spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Amen to all.

It's funny, though, we came back from the theater and my sister and I each scoured Tumblr for our new ships: spoilers:
    she for Renlo, me for Stormpilot.
    end of spoilers

Honestly, Stormpilot being canon would be revolutionary. For Disney to let that happen? In such a major film franchise? It's why I don't see that happening, since Disney tends to stay on the more conservative side of liberalism.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.

If Disney ever makes it canon, I'll ask out the guy I think is cute

OMG, everyone, we're almost at 300 pages. That's...all I wanted to say lol

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Eh, some of that criticism reads more like 'I dont like the story' than any actual issues with the LGBT characters, but there are a few points hidden amongst the opinion.
    I get that for some of the shows like that show Kingdom it seems more like a matter of personal taste as to how the gay storyline is being handled, but with other shows like Quantico it's pretty clear that the people behind the series made some awful decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post

The writer is dead on about Quantico (as you just pointed out) and echoes my feelings about Days of our Lives recently. I was mad enough that the actor who previously played Will (a character on Days) left the show, but to replace him with a colder actor, and then kill off the character? Ugh. I didn't like the new actor anyway, so it was a bit of a relief, but still- it ended the show's LGBT story that had been running since 2011.

But...it's a soap, so he'll come back to life, eventually lol

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Kylo Ren? spoilers:
    end of spoilers

It isn't necessarily spoilers:
    incest if Rey isn't a Skywalker. I think that's a red herring and she's actually Obi-Wan's granddaughter. Which, if she were to convert Kylo Ren to the Light, could mean a uniting of the Skywalker, Solo and Kenobi families. Think about it- if Obi-Wan gets a movie set post-Revenge of the Sith as has been discussed behind the scenes since 2011, then a romantic interest in that could be used to set up Rey's parentage. Seriously. Obi-Rey Kenobi.
    end of spoilers

I love that this is being picked up by the media and hinted at by the actors. It gives it a far better shot of getting into the next movie! It'll be amazing to see if it does!
    Last edited by Reality; 12-22-2015 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I think if they were to make any character LGBT, it would be more likely to be Rey.
    Lesbians are much easier to have accepted, plus all the straight nerdy stereotype fan boys will lap it up.
    History of entertainment does support this...
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Let's hope no one ends up with anyone. In this universe, it's only going to get someone hurt or worse.