Page 393 of 550 FirstFirst ... 293343383389390391392393394395396397403443493 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,895 of 8245

It's so funny how lgbtiq people are suddenly tapping into horror stories all of a sudden. For a while we never really had a presence there and then after scream queens and American horror story there seems to be a subsection of the community that have really embraced it. I guess because some of those slasher movies are a bit campy in their own way.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I was actually surprised to learn that same-sex unions weren't legal in Australia. I was under the wrongful assumption that it had to have been legalized before the U.S. legalized it. Kudos to them for not getting married until that happens.
    Yeah and to be honest it probably won't happen anytime soon. One of our MPs just asked why we don't celebrate people "turning straight" like we celebrate people going gay during pride. Just...so many facepalms from this corner of the world really. It's the land of dozens of Donald Trumps

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Yeah and to be honest it probably won't happen anytime soon. One of our MPs just asked why we don't celebrate people "turning straight" like we celebrate people going gay during pride. Just...so many facepalms from this corner of the world really. It's the land of dozens of Donald Trumps
    Who said that? Link please? I could take a guess, but there is no shortage of possibilities here, is there....

Edit: Googled it myself. Eric Abetz. Yep, he was on the shortlist of who I thought it would be. My first guess was actually Bernardi, but I wasnt thinking old enough.
    Last edited by Magnito; 10-10-2016 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Sure. But just because that's how they start, does it follow that's how they end? I don't want to be offensive to either the mods or anyone who's reading this so I'm trying to be careful how I phrase all this...but say I'm Hetro and I'm sitting on the bed with my girlfriend or wife. She embraces me and pulls me toward the bed. By the positioning of our feet you can tell she's on top of me at that point. Would people be able to make an assumption on who's more dominant in the relationship based on that just that? I dunno, I'm just throwing it out there...
    It's all about the panel with the naked legs. At that point, you can see all their clothes on the floor, so it's not just the legs, they have no clothes at all. From the position, assuming they are having sex in the kitchen and not just naked kissing, Midnighter has to be the bottom. His legs are wrapped around Apollo's waist, which is a common enough sexual position.

The term bottom and top in the context have nothing to do with dominance, initiation, or who is physically on top of whom. It is about giving and receiving. Assuming that scene shows them in the middle of sex, Apollo is inserting, and thus the top, while Midnighter is receiving, and thus the bottom.

I hope that clears things up, and is not too graphic.
    Last edited by Magnito; 10-10-2016 at 03:35 AM.

I'm straight guy and I read Apollo and Midnighter! Dern it! (smiley face)

But seriously...What I didn't get though is that we really don't see what kind of sex they have. We see what...two panels where Apollo is leaning into Midnighter? I think it's a lot to infer that someone is a "bottom" based on that. And is being a "bottom" stricky a sex thing? I thought it had as much to do with the dynamics of the relationship itself?
    The term "bottom" is, technically, a pure sex thing. People often make assumption based on these terms (about personality, role in relationship, etc.), but those end up being just that, assumptions. Assumptions that can often be just plain wrong.

BANNED

An Iranian politician (and infamous international terrorist in bygone years) got into trouble at home for a handshake, when the good folks at home thinks she shook hands with a man. Who happened to be openly lesbian German environmental minister Barbara Hendricks.

Was at the NYCC selling my book. I made sure to chat a bit with Steve Orlando.

Also, Midnighter and Apollo bought a copy of my book!

Kickstarter for my comic Is'nana the Were-Spider, Vol 1 and 2!

Horror/fantasy coming of age book about the son of Anansi the Spider seeking for his place in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Was at the NYCC selling my book. I made sure to chat a bit with Steve Orlando.

Also, Midnighter and Apollo bought a copy of my book!

Um you are cute.

And I love Midnighter's jacket.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Um you are cute.

And I love Midnighter's jacket.
    Thank you, NewMutant!
    Kickstarter for my comic Is'nana the Were-Spider, Vol 1 and 2!

Horror/fantasy coming of age book about the son of Anansi the Spider seeking for his place in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    It's so funny how lgbtiq people are suddenly tapping into horror stories all of a sudden. For a while we never really had a presence there and then after scream queens and American horror story there seems to be a subsection of the community that have really embraced it. I guess because some of those slasher movies are a bit campy in their own way.
    Well Ryan Murphy's name is on both shows. Probably had a lot to do with it.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    The term "bottom" is, technically, a pure sex thing. People often make assumption based on these terms (about personality, role in relationship, etc.), but those end up being just that, assumptions. Assumptions that can often be just plain wrong.
    Then that makes my next question, why would it be ground breaking to show Midnighter as a bottom? The article seems to be implying that because Midnighter is usually characterized as an ultra-aggressive personality, it's an unusual switch to show him as the bottom.

Someone in the DC A+M thread suggested this type of thinking is straight people trying to project hetro roles onto gay relationships?

Then that makes my next question, why would it be ground breaking to show Midnighter as a bottom? The article seems to be implying that because Midnighter is usually characterized as an ultra-aggressive personality, it's an unusual switch to show him as the bottom.

Someone in the DC A+M thread suggested this type of thinking is straight people trying to project hetro roles onto gay relationships?
    Pretty much what I just said. Bottoms are often assumed to be submissive, docile and, well, whatever the exact opposite of Midnighter is. As the other poster said, "bottoms" are sometimes thought of as the "woman". Which is silly, as that's the whole point of a gay relationship: there is no woman.

The point of the article is that it is breaking those stereotypes. Showing Midnighter can be what he is ans still be a bottom.

Bottoming for notSuperman? Yup, Midnighter's the true definition of a Power Bottom. I wonder if he uses his tactical prediction ability in bed?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Miley Cyrus: I don’t feel straight and I don’t feel gay
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...-dont-feel-gay

Miley Cyrus says she identifies as pansexual after struggling with her sexuality when she was younger. She says her first ever relationship was with another female but that she's never enjoyed "acting like a girl" herself. The 23-year-old was in a relationship with actor Liam Hemsworth between 2012 and 2013.

Pansexual people are attracted to others regardless of their sex or gender.

"My whole life, I didn't understand my own gender and my own sexuality," she tells US magazine Variety. In 2015 she said she was "open to every single thing. I always hated the word 'bisexual' because that's even putting me in a box. I don't ever think about someone being a boy or someone being a girl. My eyes started opening in the fifth or sixth grade. My first relationship in my life was with a chick."

She's been celebrated and criticised for her onstage persona - but she says she never saw anything sexual in her performances or costumes. "My nipple pasties and **** never felt sexualised to me," she adds. Miley says her parents didn't "understand" her sexuality when she rejected stereotypical female activities as a child. "I know some girls that love getting their nails done. I hated it. My nails look like ****. I don't wax my eyebrows," she says. "I never related to loving being a girl. And then, being a boy didn't sound fun to me."

She also reveals that she once sought help from an LGBTQ centre in LA, where she met a gender-neutral person who helped her make sense of her own sexuality. "I feel very neutral. I think that was the first gender-neutral person I'd ever met," she explains. "Once I understood my gender more, which was unassigned, then I understood my sexuality more. "I was like 'Oh — that's why I don't feel straight and I don't feel gay.' It's because I'm not."

Miley also claims she has found a "purpose" in speaking out for LGBTQ+ rights and working for her foundation, Happy Hippie, which helps vulnerable LGBTQ people. "On my tombstone, I didn't want the Wrecking Ball lyrics. I wanted it to be something greater," she says. "I'm the only Disney star who would say I'm pro-lesbian and gay, before it was OK to say that."
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

RuPaul Drag Race All Star Finale
    spoilers:
    #teamALASKA
    end of spoilers
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."