Page 530 of 532 FirstFirst ... 30430480520526527528529530531532 LastLast
Results 7,936 to 7,950 of 7967
  1. #7936
    Astonishing Member Silvermoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,820

    Default

    Well said Kieran, I couldn’t agree more. It’s pretty obvious which side of history we should support. I really hope this is the moment of change not just in the US but in Australia too where we need to scream black lives matter.

    You know, a cop went into a gay bookstore here just a few months ago and snapped a guys arm? He said it was “mistaken identity”. Then there was a show trial where the police literally policed the police and said “good news, nothing dodgy happened”. Still disgusts me

  2. #7937
    Astonishing Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,956

    Default

    Soooo Fvck it
    I'm a pretty Bro-ish Dude, even more so on campus/around my fraternity I chew tobacco, make crude jokes, think poop is hilarious, my Dog/friends are Douches etc. Naturally most of my 2 night stands are unavailable Str8 Dudes which was cool with me Im happy-go-lucky, social czar but emotionally stunted So it was a big fvckin surprise when I told Carlos he can keep staying over till the paperwork he needed to continue working/living in Spain were finalized and it was an even bigger surprised when he agreed. We unknowingly started our Quarantine early March 4 the day after my birthday and never were apart for more than 5 minutes till his flight on the 18th of May, We smoked, watched weird scifi movies, smoked, drank, had our own Cexy Cinco De Mayo, he tried to strengthen my piss poor Spanish for when I joined him in a study abroad I think I fvcking woke up early to make him breakfast every morning the last month, the sorority girls I lived with would gush over our PDA but I couldnt get enough of his furry body, It blew my mind I loved having him there
    I guess it sounds trite but being happy waking up to the same person made going to sleep so much easier for this insomniac. 2 Weeks into our Brown LoveFest he got past the devil-may-care facade, and I confronted and expressed actual real goddamn feelings. And I don't think Ive ever been my truest self with anybody else till him. It's either I had to act more/black around my moms family/kids at school Or more white around my Dad's side/kids at school and always always had to act straight. But fvck it felt good to be as gay or as weird as I wanted to be. When it was getting time for him to leave I suggested he stay and become a Spanish Prof, and I could raise champion Jack Russells, Of course I reverted to my nonchalant default when I brought it up but Goddamn I was serious. I shoulda been more serious. He had last minute sh!t to do on the day of his flight so I didnt see him. Didn't say goodbye or nothing like that He was in Spain on Tuesday the 19th.Mutual friends let me know he was admitted to the ER on Thursday, and Carlos died on Saturday May 23, Meningitis. And that was that.
    I wasnt allowed at his very Catholic funeral. I honestly thought it was a ploy for some reason so he could stay in Spain, It didnt help that for a day or 2 after I found out a relative of his was on his Facebook I guess closing down his account and I sent sooooo many messages. It was no big surprise to me that I went instantly back being 100% agreeable with everyone. No one wants to be around a sad Party Animal. Hell this is the most Ive shared with anybody since.....but at a small smoke sesh a song came on and fvck that pain fvckin hit like a ton of bricks. And I fvcking cried for the 1st time. Even with whats going on its easy for me to say that sh!t wasn't fvckin fair.

    I love you Carlos Miguel

    It's crazy how grateful for this nerdy ass forum I am rn.
    Thanks Queers lol
    Now back to your regularly scheduled spacey BroHomo
    GrindrStone(D)

  3. #7938
    CBR's Good Fairy Kieran_Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    8,140

    Default

    BroHomo, I'm so sorry for your loss. I don't have the words to express my sympathy fully, but if you ever need to chat about it, just PM me. I'll clear my inbox now, just in-case. Can you at-least go visit his grave at a later date, to pay your respects?

    Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Well said Kieran, I couldn’t agree more. It’s pretty obvious which side of history we should support.


    Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I really hope this is the moment of change not just in the US but in Australia too where we need to scream black lives matter.
    It's not; let's just shut down that pipe dream right now. Brutal, but true. Until Trump is out of office, and America has a president who at-least PRETENDS to try and unite people, this won't change. The police force in America needs a HUGE overhaul, in a way that's not been seen since it was formed. And that kind of work can't come from a loving and understanding police chief, or a passionate mayor, or a woke governor, that has to come from the very, very top. A federal mandate. I just hope everyone wanting social praise for posting a black square on Tuesday gets off their asses to vote Democrat every single election from now until the November. That's the only way we can start to get real change.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    You know, a cop went into a gay bookstore here just a few months ago and snapped a guys arm? He said it was “mistaken identity”. Then there was a show trial where the police literally policed the police and said “good news, nothing dodgy happened”. Still disgusts me
    F*CKKKK! That's disgusting. Can I ask, is Australia like America, in the way they have never fully embraced or accepted their actions against the indigenous people of the country?
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 06-04-2020 at 08:32 AM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

  4. #7939
    CBR's Good Fairy Kieran_Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    8,140

    Default



    It's Pride month, and esp. at this time Iím just going to reiterate for all our LGBT+ brothers and sisters, and all the str8 people out there too that #blacklivesmatter. They matter everyday of the year. They matter during Pride. They matter when itís NOT Pride. They matter when itís in the news. They matter in the silence. They matter in a months time, when the narrative inevitably moves on. They matter when the masses turn a blind eye once again. They matter when you vote. And it matters who you vote for, in helping to bring about change on this subject specifically. #registertovote because you are part of the process to bring about the change we need. All👏🏿Black👏🏽Lives👏🏾Matter👏🏿
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

  5. #7940
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    7,042

    Default

    Brohomo, I am very sorry for your loss.

    Have I mentioned how much I hate this year?

    I hate it very, very much.

    Cops Turn Violent on Queer Protesters in Manhattan


    This is NOT a nostalgic look back on the Stonewall Riots. This is NOW.

    After the activists began marching from Stonewall along the west side of Manhattan, several activists were arrested, including Jason Rosenberg and Marti Gould Cummings, who is seeking a Manhattan City Council seat in 2021. Cummings said they were arrested at 8:15 and Rosenberg, whose face was seen bloodied on social media posts, said in a video he uploaded that individuals were peacefully locked arm-in-arm when cops barrelled in and hit him with batons and punches, forcing him to receive medical treatment for an arm injury and cuts to his head. In that video which he posted after he was released, a bloodied Rosenberg said he and others were arrested at the intersection of East 14th Street and Fifth Avenue.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

    Hillary was right!

  6. #7941
    CBR's Good Fairy Kieran_Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    8,140

    Default

    The final three covers for RuPaul's Drag Race Season 12 by the incredible Art by Cheyne. ALSO... Drag Race UK was nominated for a BAFTA yesterday for Best Reality and Constructed Factual (though RuPaul was not nominate for Entertainment Performance, which was a mistake)
    https://www.instagram.com/artbycheyne/

    EPISODE XI


    EPISODE XII


    FINALE
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

  7. #7942
    Astonishing Member Silvermoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    BroHomo, I'm so sorry for your loss. I don't have the words to express my sympathy fully, but if you ever need to chat about it, just PM me. I'll clear my inbox now, just in-case. Can you at-least go visit his grave at a later date, to pay your respects?





    It's not; let's just shut down that pipe dream right now. Brutal, but true. Until Trump is out of office, and America has a president who at-least PRETENDS to try and unite people, this won't change. The police force in America needs a HUGE overhaul, in a way that's not been seen since it was formed. And that kind of work can't come from a loving and understanding police chief, or a passionate mayor, or a woke governor, that has to come from the very, very top. A federal mandate. I just hope everyone wanting social praise for posting a black square on Tuesday gets off their asses to vote Democrat every single election from now until the November. That's the only way we can start to get real change.


    F*CKKKK! That's disgusting. Can I ask, is Australia like America, in the way they have never fully embraced or accepted their actions against the indigenous people of the country?
    Unfortunately so with that last sentence. Most likely worse. I think if people saw even just how we treat indigenous people in the media, just that would shock people in 2020.

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Soooo Fvck it
    I'm a pretty Bro-ish Dude, even more so on campus/around my fraternity I chew tobacco, make crude jokes, think poop is hilarious, my Dog/friends are Douches etc. Naturally most of my 2 night stands are unavailable Str8 Dudes which was cool with me Im happy-go-lucky, social czar but emotionally stunted So it was a big fvckin surprise when I told Carlos he can keep staying over till the paperwork he needed to continue working/living in Spain were finalized and it was an even bigger surprised when he agreed. We unknowingly started our Quarantine early March 4 the day after my birthday and never were apart for more than 5 minutes till his flight on the 18th of May, We smoked, watched weird scifi movies, smoked, drank, had our own Cexy Cinco De Mayo, he tried to strengthen my piss poor Spanish for when I joined him in a study abroad I think I fvcking woke up early to make him breakfast every morning the last month, the sorority girls I lived with would gush over our PDA but I couldnt get enough of his furry body, It blew my mind I loved having him there
    I guess it sounds trite but being happy waking up to the same person made going to sleep so much easier for this insomniac. 2 Weeks into our Brown LoveFest he got past the devil-may-care facade, and I confronted and expressed actual real goddamn feelings. And I don't think Ive ever been my truest self with anybody else till him. It's either I had to act more/black around my moms family/kids at school Or more white around my Dad's side/kids at school and always always had to act straight. But fvck it felt good to be as gay or as weird as I wanted to be. When it was getting time for him to leave I suggested he stay and become a Spanish Prof, and I could raise champion Jack Russells, Of course I reverted to my nonchalant default when I brought it up but Goddamn I was serious. I shoulda been more serious. He had last minute sh!t to do on the day of his flight so I didnt see him. Didn't say goodbye or nothing like that He was in Spain on Tuesday the 19th.Mutual friends let me know he was admitted to the ER on Thursday, and Carlos died on Saturday May 23, Meningitis. And that was that.
    I wasnt allowed at his very Catholic funeral. I honestly thought it was a ploy for some reason so he could stay in Spain, It didnt help that for a day or 2 after I found out a relative of his was on his Facebook I guess closing down his account and I sent sooooo many messages. It was no big surprise to me that I went instantly back being 100% agreeable with everyone. No one wants to be around a sad Party Animal. Hell this is the most Ive shared with anybody since.....but at a small smoke sesh a song came on and fvck that pain fvckin hit like a ton of bricks. And I fvcking cried for the 1st time. Even with whats going on its easy for me to say that sh!t wasn't fvckin fair.

    I love you Carlos Miguel

    It's crazy how grateful for this nerdy ass forum I am rn.
    Thanks Queers lol
    Now back to your regularly scheduled spacey BroHomo
    I’m so sorry to hear that BroHomo. I’m certain he felt you were just as special. If you ever need to talk please feel free to keep in touch and of course please keep us posted.

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Have I mentioned how much I hate this year?

    I hate it very, very much.

    Cops Turn Violent on Queer Protesters in Manhattan


    This is NOT a nostalgic look back on the Stonewall Riots. This is NOW.



    I follow Jason on twitter, absolutely despicable. I was always aware things could turn bad again but never so badly and so quickly. Please America do better next election! It won’t end all the bad stuff but it could be the start of the end at least

  8. #7943
    CBR's Good Fairy Kieran_Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    8,140

    Default

    My thread on the Film/TV section of CBR is up for RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 5, which starts tonight!!!!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...14#post4998614


    ART BY CHEYNE


    Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Unfortunately so with that last sentence. Most likely worse. I think if people saw even just how we treat indigenous people in the media, just that would shock people in 2020.
    I'm so sorry to hear that. I don't know much about Australia I'm afraid, so I have no basis on anything but that.... made me very sad to hear. Do you know the rough demographic of the population in terms of race?

    Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I follow Jason on twitter, absolutely despicable. I was always aware things could turn bad again but never so badly and so quickly. Please America do better next election! It wonít end all the bad stuff but it could be the start of the end at least
    He can't win, I mean... he just... CAN'T WIN!!! Surely? Ugh.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

  9. #7944
    Astonishing Member Silvermoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,820

    Default

    Hopefully not. Let’s cross our fingers and keep encouraging nice Americans to keep fighting

    Wiki says about 3% of Australia’s population are indigenous.

    By the way I finished Hollywood and I actually ended up quite liking it in a schmaltzy way. I love patti lupone

  10. #7945
    Fantastic Member Tugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    P.R.I.D.E.


    Right now in the world there is so much justified anger, born from inexcusable prejudice. Itís a fitting time to celebrate Pride because that was an event born of the Stonewall Riots. Not the Stonewall Peaceful Protests, the Stonewall RIOTS! Started when a black trans HIV+ woman (Marsha P. Johnson) could no longer turn the other cheek, could no longer look the other way, could no longer stay silent as injustice continued. As the world did not make things better on its own, when left to its own devices. RIOT is not a dirty word. RIOT is the uncontrollable expression of centuries of oppression breaking free. Celebrate Pride. Celebrate #blacklivesmatter. Celebrate every voice that is saying ENOUGH!
    OH MY! I need a cold shower after seeing that photo (not to detract from your message)

  11. #7946
    Astonishing Member Silvermoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,820

    Default

    Yeah I agree, that pic is giving me Rock Hudson vibes

  12. #7947
    Incredible Member luprki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    545

    Default

    Aaron Schock: Being gay is fun now.

    CB821214-01AD-4527-A780-89035400D39C.jpg
    Last edited by luprki; 06-09-2020 at 12:27 PM.

  13. #7948
    The Celestial Dragon Tien Long's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NY/NJ Area
    Posts
    1,899

    Default

    Hi all. Just wanted to share this story. And ask some of your insight. Recently, the actress who plays Alex Danvers in Supergirl, Chyler Leigh came out in a recent article. Google it and you'll find her announcement is found on a number of sites. Here's an excerpt from EW.com:

    https://ew.com/tv/supergirl-chyler-l...ing-out-story/

    For LGBTQ Pride Month, Leigh wrote a powerful essay on Create Change, a website she co-founded with the goal of being "your go-to source for encouragement and inspiration to help you become the change you want to see in the world." In the piece, she shared how she has related to Alex's journey of self-discovery — specifically her coming out story in season 2, which affected Leigh's life in a surprising way.

    "When I was told that my character was to come out in season 2, a flurry of thoughts and emotions flew through and around me because of the responsibility I personally felt to authentically represent Alex’s journey," she wrote. "What I didn’t realize was how the scene where she finally confessed her truth would leap off the pages of the script and genuinely become a variation of my own. IRL. My heart felt like it was going to beat out of my chest each take we filmed, every time presenting another opportunity to get those honest words out of my mouth. Though they don’t exactly match my personal dialogue, the heart behind it surely did. From the director, the press, the media, the cast, and the fans, I’m still told that it was the most realistic coming out scene they’d ever witnessed. And to steal from Alex’s words, that’s because there’s some truth to what she said about me."
    Additionally, she writes of the hesitancy of others when she revealed this aspect of herself:

    "Here’s the kicker though. Since that episode aired, I was told from dear friends (and even avid watchers of Supergirl) that they would no longer watch the show because of the fact that Alex’s journey took a turn from their less than acceptable beliefs. Soon after, they began to distance themselves and eventually my family and I were outcast, marking the loss of many folks we loved," she said. "However, after the initial sting, I don’t hold a grudge towards the negative response, because as I said, we all have had a hard time in one way or another with acceptance (whatever the subject may be) whether towards ourselves or others."

    She continued: "It’s been a long and lonely road for both my husband and myself but I can whole-heartedly say that after all these years, he and I are still discovering the depths of ourselves and each other, but throughout our journey we’ve learned to be proud of who we are, no matter the cost."
    Very cool to see that she's come out and that the show provided her a means of to honestly express herself. The scene when Alex came out was powerful and real. Additionally, I admire her not holding the grudge. She acknowledges that others can take change hard. Additionally, her story is significant in a number of ways. Coming out later in life after being in a long lasting relationship, many people are still surprised when that happens. Still, I wonder what will happen to her marriage now. She and her husband seem to genuinely love one another. Does she want a divorce now? Or maybe I'm reading too much into it. (Apologies if I am!!)

    In any case, any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
    "I am a man of peace."

    "A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

  14. #7949
    Astonishing Member Silvermoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,820

    Default

    Well I guess it’s different for everyone. For example, Fran Drescher married a gay man who came out later in life but they still adore each other and spend all their time together.

    I think sometimes, very rarely, a soulmate doesn’t have to be sexual and sometimes even if people aren’t having sex anymore they can still be soulmates

  15. #7950
    CBR's Good Fairy Kieran_Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    8,140

    Default

    This month is Pride, but today is not for celebration but remembrance. On this day 4 years ago, June 12th 2016 at the gay nightclub Pulse, in Orlando, 49 people (most of who were LGBT+) were shot to death by a gunman. And 53 injured. It is not insignificant this happened on their ‘Latin Night’. It is not insignificant, especially now, that the majority of victims were POC. It is not insignificant that at the time it was the worst mass shooting in American history. And right now, in the world, Pride must stand up for all the victims. All those persecuted. All those suffering. Pride must stand for #blacklivesmatter. Pride must stand for #ALLblacklives. Pride must shout from the rooftops #transrightsarehumanrights. Be proud. Be supportive. Be safe out there, today especially.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    By the way I finished Hollywood and I actually ended up quite liking it in a schmaltzy way. I love patti lupone
    I only watched the first episode. I was disappointed the lead was str8. HA! I love Ryan Murphy for what he does for representation with openly LGBT+ actors; but his shows are hit or miss. And I wasn't feeling Hollywood, despite the excellent cast.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
    OH MY! I need a cold shower after seeing that photo (not to detract from your message)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Yeah I agree, that pic is giving me Rock Hudson vibes
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Okay, that's enough ego boosting, but I'm very, very flattered. Thank-you. And I'll take Rock Hudson, that's very kind. Here is my latest image, the editing is NOT great (apologies). But I hope the message is more successful than the execution.

    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •