Page 541 of 550 FirstFirst ... 41441491531537538539540541542543544545 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,115 of 8243

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Thank you for your kind words. I have always enjoyed your posts and how kind and supportive you are to everyone on here
    You are too, too sweet. Thank-you for that, but I p*ss off just as many people as I make smile, I assure you. I can be an argumentative ol' b*tch when I want to be

I am with you on Disney. I really love Disney movies and cartoons. The old live action movies from the 60's like Herbie, The Ugly Dachshund, Dr Syn the Scarecrow are some of my favorites I love the old cartoons also (Not all Dumbo and Snow White I am not a fan of) and Pixar is next level
    I think my love of Disney is why I gravitated to Studio Ghibli so easily. I LOVE THEM!!!! Every single one, I own them all. It's old school Disney perfection.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Does anyone here watch or have watched the tv show Queer as Folk? I love that show so much! I met Hal Sparks years ago in Lexington. What he was doing there I do not know but he was just the nicest guy. I think there was a version in the UK the American one was based off but I am not sure?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Does anyone here watch or have watched the tv show Queer as Folk? I love that show so much! I met Hal Sparks years ago in Lexington. What he was doing there I do not know but he was just the nicest guy. I think there was a version in the UK the American one was based off but I am not sure?
    I've only see the UK version I'm afraid, absolutely loved that series though. It was just perfect.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I've only see the UK version I'm afraid, absolutely loved that series though. It was just perfect.
    In heard the UK version was better. not from any one I know. I just looked up reviews and such after I made my post to see if there was a UK version. If the UK version is better I have to see it because the American version blew me away.

It was the first show that centered on Gay people where the characters were not over the top parodies of themselves or sterotypes of what writers thought gay people are like. I also really enjoy it because I watched it with my mom and BF at the time. It was a lot of fun to see her get into it like her old soaps and really care about the characters. it was fun to share that part of my life with her.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

- hottest Disney prince/princess - Prince Prince Eric
    - favourite LGBT+ comic character - Ultimate Colossus and 616 Iceman
    - favourite real life famous LGBT+ person - Harvey Fierstein
    Didn't know that about Ultimate Colossus....wish they would bring that in for regular Colossus.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Didn't know that about Ultimate Colossus....wish they would bring that in for regular Colossus.
    Yea Ultimate Colossus dated Northstar for a bit. And it really hurt his friendship with Nightcrawler. Was sad to see that.

Why did that have any effect on his friendship with Nightcrawler?

Why did that have any effect on his friendship with Nightcrawler?
    Nightcrawler was really upset he was lied to by Colossus (In his mind he was) because Colossus never told him he was gay. NC was really uncomfortable around him and that turned into bitterness and hate for a while. Called Colossus and abomination etc... It really paint Ultimate NightCrawler in a bad light. He then goes crazy and kidnaps Dazzler.

Wow. Ultimate Nightcrawler sounds like he has some demons. Did Dazzler have anything to with the situation or was that unrelated?

Wow. Ultimate Nightcrawler sounds like he has some demons. Did Dazzler have anything to with the situation or was that unrelated?
    She was played as this punk rock kind of drunken hot mess with tats and piercings. Nightcrawler figured she would be into him because she was like some kind of dark person into bad boys or whatever. Kind of lame reasons.

So he kidnapped her from the hospital where she was and held her in this cave. The Xmen freed her and fought him and beat him. The whole thing was kind of a goofy story.

In heard the UK version was better. not from any one I know. I just looked up reviews and such after I made my post to see if there was a UK version. If the UK version is better I have to see it because the American version blew me away.
    I haven't seen the US version to say which is 'better', but the UK one was certainly iconic and produced two huge stars from it (Game of Thrones Aiden Gillen and Sons of Anarchy Charlie Hunnam). Ironically, of the three, the only one NOT to breakout from the show after was the actual gay actor. Typical!

It was the first show that centered on Gay people where the characters were not over the top parodies of themselves or stereotypes of what writers thought gay people are like. I also really enjoy it because I watched it with my mom and BF at the time. It was a lot of fun to see her get into it like her old soaps and really care about the characters. it was fun to share that part of my life with her.
    It meant so much to me when I first saw it, because it was the first time I'd see not just a gay character but a show about gay men, gay life, written by a gay man, that didn't shy away from the lifestyle but also made love and companionship a huge part of it.

Queer as Folk goes in my 'milestone' gay works (for me); along with Priscilla - Queen of the Desert, Mrs Doubtfire, Brokeback Mountain and RuPaul's Drag Race. Those are the five most important LGBT+ entertainment vessels in my upbringing.

http://https://news.yahoo.com/grandd...ycsrp_catchall

If you had asked me before I read this article, I would not have known if Anita Bryant was alive or dead.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

There's an 'opinion' right now by some in the LGBT+ community that to not be informed or not speak up is to be a 'bad gay'. Don't listen to them. I'm here to tell you, don't listen to that noise. It's great when people speak up, I love it, but first and foremost we need to protect ourselves and our own mind. This past 18 months has been so bad, I completely understand those who have 'white knighting fatigue' and just want to back away and keep their own thoughts. So don't ever feel pressured to talk about 'issues'. If all you want to do is say what person you found super hot today, do that! Not everything in life must be so serious (hence... DRAG RACE!)

great advice here!

Also, feeling SUPER HAPPY about a recent photoshoot I did, and yes, I'm gonna shamelessly post an image from it, because I feel really proud of my body progress this past 18 months. It's literally the thing keeping me sane in these crazy Covid times. Plus was super worried it would fall into 'cosplay' which I don't do for photoshoots, and was very happy it did not.
    #letmefeelmyoats

Well check you out!!!!

For me I speak out when I see something bad happening. There was a time I saw a gay man being harassed I did speak up. For me though my sexuality is a personal is a thing. I am low key kind of guy. So marching ion the two parades I did made me very uncomfortable because I am not the guy to make a huge display of any thing and that type of event was just really loud and busy. I was preussed by my LTGBQ friends to take part in them. I am gay they said. I have to wave the flag and show pride. But I dont like any really public events or anything. But that is just me. I do try my best to stay informed on the issues like the things going on in the news.

I did have the chance to volunteer with a gay rights group in my area. The Prison reform group I volunteered for had a member that asked me to work with the group. He got very very mad when I said no. So I get what you are saying about others thinking I or someone who does not involve themselves in issues is a bad gay. Most of the people I have met (A small number) in the LGBTAQ community have gotten upset with me for not getting or more involved and did the whole im a bad gay thing. And it got worse with a couple of them when I started to date a woman the last couple of months. Claim I am ashamed of being gay a self hating gay etc.. That is not it at all. I have spoken out on here before about how hard it is for me to leave my house and go out in public and put myself out there. I cant go to the store alone because I freak out so a big protest, or loud busy parade? I just cant do it. It is really as simple as that for not getting involved. Things have gotten so bad on this front over the last year I stopped working with the reform group. So to be honest i have just taken a step back from the LGBTQ community because my experience has not been the best with them. I will say the Help I got on this thread a few weeks ago was amazing and it did help a great deal and you all have been very supportive of each other so I do not lump this group as that.
    Each person has to do what is right for them. While I do think that LGBTQ+ people need to be seen and heard, if it's a situation that you can't do, then you shouldn't feel guilty, or be made to feel guilty.

I've been in two pride marches, and been to a few more.

I also went with friends to protest at the Supreme Court when gay marriage was up for debate. It was good to see that those who were pro-gay marriage outnumbered the ones against gay marriage.

Here's a pic of me at my first pride parade............back in the day. If I'm remembering correctly, I did that march in cowboy boots. Not my smartest move, but I was in full Brokeback mode back then! LOL

Last edited by CellarDweller; 07-27-2021 at 07:59 PM.