Page 494 of 550 FirstFirst ... 394444484490491492493494495496497498504544 ... LastLast
Results 7,396 to 7,410 of 8245
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I'm so excited for South Beach Pride next Sunday. I'm trying to make it a tradition to go every year. This will be year number two.

For those of you who live in, or near, a city that has a pride, when do yours start?
    I'm in the Toronto, Canada region. Ours used to take place on the last Sunday of June. But now it takes place on the weekend (if possible) that is closest to July 1 which is Canada day (our version of the US independence day) so that more people can attend due to the three day long weekend.

Although I'm not gay and have never deliberate attended one. I sort of miss the who counter cultural aspect of it. And the heavy dose of 'down-with-the-man' message. Now it's become way too commercial, way too corporate and way and too big (I don't like crowds). The counter-cultural aspect made it more fun, not in a negative way, but more in a way of people just metaphorically letting their hair down, having a good time and championing for the under dog/disenfranchised.

But the last time I was there for one when one was taking place, it was just before the parade started and I found the whole atmosphere very festive and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Oh you know “we filmed a scene but it got cut” that sort of thing
    Unfortunately, there's another possibility that might be what winds up happening.

We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    I'm in the Toronto, Canada region. Ours used to take place on the last Sunday of June. But now it takes place on the weekend (if possible) that is closest to July 1 which is Canada day (our version of the US independence day) so that more people can attend due to the three day long weekend.

Although I'm not gay and have never deliberate attended one. I sort of miss the who counter cultural aspect of it. And the heavy dose of 'down-with-the-man' message. Now it's become way too commercial, way too corporate and way and too big (I don't like crowds). The counter-cultural aspect made it more fun, not in a negative way, but more in a way of people just metaphorically letting their hair down, having a good time and championing for the under dog/disenfranchised.

But the last time I was there for one when one was taking place, it was just before the parade started and I found the whole atmosphere very festive and fun.
    That sort of "counter culture" vibe is still there, at least at the prides down here in South Florida (though it does take a backseat to the theatrics). I have seen many dressed up in garments I had never seen on a person and they all looked fabulous and non-conforming. There's that commercial element too, but I'm kind of on the fence with that. Part of it sucks because pride parades are marketed as "hip" and 'fun', which is awesome, but there's a message that runs deeper that a lot of people miss when they are just focused on the fun. Then, there's the part which I don't think sucks: these events getting bigger are a constant reminder that parts of the world are continuing to become more accepting. I've actually seen moms and dads with little kids enjoying the drag queens and parade floats.

Toronto probably has a great pride since Canada is pretty ahead of the U.S. when it comes to their LGBT+ citizens and residents.

Crowds bother me, too. At the last one, I stood about twenty feet from the barriers lining the street. I was on a little hill, so I could still see everything, but I wasn't in the thick of everything. It was nice.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Lockjaw #1 only sold 15,000 copies.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

If you guys ever go to Colombia, try going at the end of February to the city of Barranquilla, they have their own gay parade and is really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lecNpQ4ToFM

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Lockjaw #1 only sold 15,000 copies.
    Well...

- There is quite a bit of "Inhumans" directed venom still out there.
    - The ABC series didn't do the IP any favors.
    - Unfortunately, Lockjaw doesn't have the draw of a character like Karnak.

That title has a pretty tough route to sustainable sales numbers.

For something irreveant and fun, Drag Race related (apologies those who don't want it/hand in your gay card now, please ). I was thinking about "iconic" moments from each series. Series defining moments. So let's see what others think. If there is a clear winner, I'll put it, but I'll also add the "gag" moments. It's for fun, so don't worry too much about the rules.

SERIES 1
    CLEAR ICONIC MOMENT:
    Runners-up:
    Lipsync of the Series: Bebe vs. Ongina
    Shoot of the Series:

SERIES 2
    CLEAR ICONIC MOMENT: "Tyra's a complete bitch!"
    Runners-up:
    Lipsync of the Series:
    Shoot of the Series: Raven's final runway in black

SERIES 3
    CLEAR ICONIC MOMENT: "Drag is NOT a contact sport"
    Runners-up: Shangela's lady pimp, Yara giving up in the lipsync
    Lipsync of the Series: TIE - it's one of the 'Battle of the Heathers' for sure. Either Manilla vs Delta or Raja vs Carmen; I can't decide...
    Shoot of the Series: Raja's bucket of blood, Raja's tribal warrior, Raja's moneyball... oh and Manilla's yellow sesame street bird
    QUOTES: Halleluh, BAM! Eschapalante?

SERIES 4
    CLEAR ICONIC MOMENT: ????
    Choices: "Go back to party city where you belong" or Willem being kicked off the show
    Lipsync of the Series: Phi Phi vs. Sharon (has to be, right?)
    Shoot of the Series: Chad's giraffe and yellow hair body suit

ALL STAR 1
    CLEAR ICONIC MOMENT:
    Runners-up:
    Lipsync of the Series:
    Shoot of the Series:

SERIES 5
    CLEAR ICONIC MOMENT: Roxxy vs. Alyssa lipsync (wig reveal epicness)
    Runners-up: "gurl look how orange you look/I'm not joking bitch" and I love Jinx and Detox bowing on the floor to one another after Detox elimination
    Lipsync of the Series: Roxxy vs. Alyssa (duh) (though Jinx vs Detox was amazing too)
    Shoot of the Series: Detox's black and white finale look

SERIES 6
    CLEAR ICONIC MOMENT: "I FEEL VERY ATTACKED!!!" (are we allowed an Untucked moment?)
    Runners-up: Ornacia!
    Lipsync of the Series: Joceyln vs. Laganja with the simultaneous splits on stage
    Shoot of the Series: Courtney's blue bird with wings

SERIES 7
    CLEAR ICONIC MOMENT: ???
    Choices: Ginger's Adele, Kennedy's Little Richard
    Lipsync of the Series:
    Shoot of the Series:

SERIES 8
    CLEAR ICONIC MOMENT: PURSE. FIRST!
    Runners-up: Bob's double Snatch Game, Bob's Cookie
    Lipsync of the Series: Chi Chi vs. Thorgy Thor for the beads, but personally I think Bob stunning performance against Derek gives me chills
    Shoot of the Series: can we count Violet's finale outfit? GAG!

ALL STAR 2
    CLEAR ICONIC MOMENT: the mirror... CRACK'D!
    Runners-up: Alaska's meltdown
    Lipsync of the Series: Alyssa vs. Tatianna
    Shoot of the Series: Alaska as Poundcake

SERIES 9
    CLEAR ICONIC MOMENT: Sasha's rose petals. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar!
    Runners-up:
    Lipsync of the Series: Sasha vs. Shea (obviously)
    Shoot of the Series:

ALL STAR 3
    CLEAR ICONIC MOMENT: Dela eliminating herself "I'm going home."
    Runners-up: Aja's jump, Ben's Paul Lynde, Ben's Julie Andrews, Shangela's Mariah
    Lipsync of the Series: either Dela vs. Aja or Dela vs. Shangela to "I Kissed A Girl"
    Shoot of the Series: Shangela's RUdemption giant snowglobe

SERIES 10
    CLEAR ICONIC MOMENT: it's going to be Miss Vanji, isn't it. LOL!!!
    Runners-up:
    Lipsync of the Series:
    Shoot of the Series:

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    - There is quite a bit of "Inhumans" directed venom still out there..
    Whenever I hear someone mention the Inhumans, my mind also goes to "Gretchen, stop trying to make fetch happen!" HA!
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 04-05-2018 at 05:16 PM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Oh alaska’s Meltdown was so harsh. That was horrible to watch.

I’m surprised you didn’t mention season 9’s moment. “I would like to keep it on please”

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post

I’m surprised you didn’t mention season 9’s moment. “I would like to keep it on please”
    Yass! and Season 7: "Is there something on my face?"

Fucking sucks,

Of course first comments from Islamophobes
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Much of the Caribbean is still incredibly homophobic, so this is great news:

Trinidad Decriminalizes Homosexuality In Landmark Court Case
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Astonishing Member

Awesome news so happy for them

Thank heavens for some good news! Much appreciated

...and just when you thought The Great Stonewall Incident of 2017 would be her worst faux pas, Derrick Barry goes the extra mile to a new, sad yet still hilaRious low...

Deeply homophobic; I'm genuinely shocked it happened at all. Still lots of work to do in the West Indies.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'