Page 110 of 550 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 8245

How about Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa (assuming Archie would let him do other work), Jim McCann, or Marc Andreyko?

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Firstly Daken (who is the only LGBT character to have had two on-goings) is half-Japanese; so it isn't just limited to white people.
    Has his heritage really been explored much? Besides his grave in Japan, most of the time through Dark Avengers and Uncanny X-Force (and the odd Wolverine story), he seemed like just another American guy.

While I very much admire KSD and Wilson; what LGBT characters have been included in their work?
    All we have is Kamala's fan fiction.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

LGBT news!
    Director Matthew Warchus has stated he understands the decision to remove LGBT elements from the DVD cover because it attracts a wider audience - a stance I totally agree with. Although I've not seen the film, I approach it from the LGBT perspective. But by marketing it from the more abstract perspective of strikes and protest during the Thatcher era, or "huh, the downfall of mining in the UK sounds interesting compared to what it's like over here", then it attractions a different section of audience. When I see the word 'pride' I immediately think of pride parades, but it can also be read as a noun and hold just as much meaning. Keep note that he's still not 100% happy about it, but still makes the case that it has its upsides. I question how much traction the film gets in the U.S. anyway - "oh yes, here's the history of a foreign country's politics."

The sunshine state has gay marriage as of today. Woop!

Stephen Fry is engaged to comedian Elliot Spencer (who's rather cute himself). My response to this wasn't "aw, happy for them" but "Stephen Fry has a boyfriend?" Glad to see not everything seeps out into the press immediately; I was under the impression Fry was still single after splitting with his last partner a good few years back. Interesting to see the word "boyfriend" used as well, because often it seems with older couples the word is substituted with 'partner'. Maybe it's because of Spencer's youthfulness, or maybe I need to read the press more often.

From The Huffington Post, citing a Sun article (oh dear), citing a friend of Fry's:
    "Elliott seems to have given him the confidence to live his life again. It’s great to have the old Stephen back.”
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    CBR's LGBT Community

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I'm happy for Stephen Fry, but they've been together less than a year, the guy is very much younger than him (30 years!) and Stephen, bless him, has some pretty serious mental health issues.

I hate to Mr Doom and Gloom (actually, I love playing that role), but I'd be surprised if it lasts.

I did however get rather annoyed at people at work today suggesting that he was a pedo because of the age difference and young looks of the boyfriend. Considering we work in child protection, I felt my colleagues should have known better about making suggestions like that and made sure they knew about it.

As for Daken's heritage, it was explored during his first appearances, but once he went to America he did sort of just become rather American, and sadly has struggled to have any artist who can make him (and that stupid hair) look consistently both Asian and hot (his solo series had some awful art). Not that he needs to look hot, but it helps.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

*ahem* Aborigine, not Maori
    Whoops, my bad. I could not remember the word and then when looking for articles and I thought one of them referred to them as Maori or I got it wrong. I know the Boba and Jango Fett actors are Maori from New Zealand so I guess I mixed the up.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Like Lightning View Post
    I do want them to get it right, and I'd also love it if LGBT+ solo series at Marvel weren't limited to cisgender white people. Mix it up a little bit!!!! Let's get a Hispanic trans woman, a non-binary black hero, etc.
    I don't think there's much to "get right" though especially if they were just launching Billy and Teddy in an ongoing. They like each other and fight bad guys, like the Avengers only actually gay. Wiccan has his parents like Spider-Man dealt with Aunt May and fighting bad guys but actually gay.

Then from there they expand into the wider range of LGBT which may take more finesse but Billy and Teddy have already been written by Chris Yost and Paul Cornell for minis and appeared in other Marvel books. People at Marvel pretty much know them. Sometimes I think waiting for perfection is just an excuse not to do it. No one waits until they can get the straight white guys right, they just churn enough out that eventually some good stuff sticks.

Cruisin' around the net and seeing peeps on gay forums grilling this one guy for saying that he feels unattractive because "he's too short for guys". (Keep in mind: the guy is 5'9" , which is considered average in a lot of parts) Every post after that was like, "You're not short." or "Short guys are soooooooooooooo hot." Then, some shorter guys in the 5'0" to 5'7" range (As a small person, I consider anyone over 5'7'' to be average/tall) post about them not having any problems getting dates....but they all look like models, anyway.

Who would have thought there was a preference for shorter men? Why am I always finding out these things too late?

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Cruisin' around the net and seeing peeps on gay forums grilling this one guy for saying that he feels unattractive because "he's too short for guys". (Keep in mind: the guy is 5'9" , which is considered average in a lot of parts) Every post after that was like, "You're not short." or "Short guys are soooooooooooooo hot." Then, some shorter guys in the 5'0" to 5'7" range (As a small person, I consider anyone over 5'7'' to be average/tall) post about them not having any problems getting dates....but they all look like models, anyway.

Who would have thought there was a preference for shorter men? Why am I always finding out these things too late?
    Are there a lot of guys interested in Wolverine? I'm 5' 6" (maybe slightly taller) myself.

As an experiment I installed Grindr on my birthday (a way to celebrate, haha.) It has its upsides, like "oh my God there's a cute 18 year old guy less than a kilometer away from me AND he likes Doctor Who". And then you get 7 messages when you log on saying "I'm free at 10:30", guys with totally non-suspicious names like "BJ" or "Chat me", and then even after setting my preference to anything from 18 to a couple of years older, that doesn't mean the 27 year olds and the 39 year olds won't leave you alone (or the guys in their early 20s who fail 'cute' miserably.)

Might be worth an uninstall. xD
    CBR's LGBT Community

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

There are preferences for any type of guy, just it ranges.

What is hot to one wont be to another.

Some guys like hairy bear guys, others want smooth hairless guys. Some guys will chase chubby guys, others wont touch anyone with even the slightest bit of puppy fat.

Preferences are just that. Sadly, some people manage to find someone that likes them, and others dont.

And that isnt just in the gay world.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    Has his heritage really been explored much? Besides his grave in Japan, most of the time through Dark Avengers and Uncanny X-Force (and the odd Wolverine story), he seemed like just another American guy.
    The fact it never came up under Remender's pen (who proved his knowledge of Daken was tenious at best) is none surprising. It came up in the most recent Death of Wolverine #5; where the entire issue is a Japanese burial ceremony. And it came up occasionally in Dark Wolverine (but Liu is Asian, so she's probably more concious/aware of it). Like his LGBT status it doesn't need parroting all the time, but it's nice to see it's not forgotten or irrelevant to who he is.

I would love a Moondragon ongoing. It would be dead in the water though.

The fact it never came up under Remender's pen (who proved his knowledge of Daken was tenious at best) is none surprising. It came up in the most recent Death of Wolverine #5; where the entire issue is a Japanese burial ceremony. And it came up occasionally in Dark Wolverine (but Liu is Asian, so she's probably more concious/aware of it). Like his LGBT status it doesn't need parroting all the time, but it's nice to see it's not forgotten or irrelevant to who he is.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure we saw it in the last issue of Remender's Uncanny X-Force.
    CBR's LGBT Community

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    Are there a lot of guys interested in Wolverine? I'm 5' 6" (maybe slightly taller) myself.
    You're 5'6" too? Awesome ^^

As an experiment I installed Grindr on my birthday (a way to celebrate, haha.) It has its upsides, like "oh my God there's a cute 18 year old guy less than a kilometer away from me AND he likes Doctor Who". And then you get 7 messages when you log on saying "I'm free at 10:30", guys with totally non-suspicious names like "BJ" or "Chat me", and then even after setting my preference to anything from 18 to a couple of years older, that doesn't mean the 27 year olds and the 39 year olds won't leave you alone (or the guys in their early 20s who fail 'cute' miserably.)
    10:30? That's booty call time.

27 doesn't seem too bad, but 39??? I know they say age is just a number, but to date (or sleep with, since it's Grindr) a guy 20 years your (I'm speaking in general) senior? Many wouldn't. I probably would. I like to torture myself, and if he has money, I'll be over the moon. Of course, it's not too bad. The body is still firm at 39.

How does one fail cute miserably? I should know the answer to this, but I don't.

Might be worth an uninstall. xD
    No. There's a whole mine of gossip potential you have to share here lol

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    There are preferences for any type of guy, just it ranges.
    What is hot to one wont be to another.
    Some guys like hairy bear guys, others want smooth hairless guys. Some guys will chase chubby guys, others wont touch anyone with even the slightest bit of puppy fat.
    Preferences are just that. Sadly, some people manage to find someone that likes them, and others dont.
    And that isnt just in the gay world.
    I'd probably have a harder time in the "straight world" a.k.a. the world (bazing!), as most girls I've come into contact with prefer their men bigger. Small guys like me are treated like puppies to be petted and coddled by girls like that. I can't tell you how many times I got, "Awwww, Trey, you're so adorable." complete with foreign fingers stroking through my hair. I'm sure that every straight man who will read this, wished that same exact thing happened to them

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

You're 5'6" too? Awesome ^^
    Will&Grace referred to short guys as "pocket gays"
    JACK: Well, you see what you have there, don't you?
    WILL: I see what I don't have, the other half of my date.
    JACK: What you have... is a pocket gay.
    WILL: A pocket gay?
    JACK: A pocket gay. The perfect travel-size homosexual. Just pop him in a man-purse, a briefcase, and you're good to go. In ten years they'll be making 'em all that way.

It wasn't quite ten years ago but apparently you're one of the new models.

27 doesn't seem too bad, but 39??? I know they say age is just a number, but to date (or sleep with, since it's Grindr) a guy 20 years your (I'm speaking in general) senior? Many wouldn't. I probably would. I like to torture myself, and if he has money, I'll be over the moon. Of course, it's not too bad. The body is still firm at 39.
    27's still 9 years older.

No. There's a whole mine of gossip potential you have to share here lol
    Latest update: artsy 19 year old uni student; also an ex managed to find me; also a guy asked me to do something in his mouth and like no

I'd probably have a harder time in the "straight world" a.k.a. the world (bazing!), as most girls I've come into contact with prefer their men bigger. Small guys like me are treated like puppies to be petted and coddled by girls like that. I can't tell you how many times I got, "Awwww, Trey, you're so adorable." complete with foreign fingers stroking through my hair. I'm sure that every straight man who will read this, wished that same exact thing happened to them
    Trey, your name is adorable.

The idea that the man must be bigger kind of conforms to the stereotypes that the male in the relationship MUST be the superior and MUST be dominant. There we go, that's what we need in comics. More tall girls dating shorter guys.

Admittedly, my preference is for guys the same height as me. Otherwise it's basically "Okay, how do we reach lip level do you hoist me up or do you bend your back or"
    CBR's LGBT Community

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Will&Grace referred to short guys as "pocket gays"
    JACK: Well, you see what you have there, don't you?
    WILL: I see what I don't have, the other half of my date.
    JACK: What you have... is a pocket gay.
    WILL: A pocket gay?
    JACK: A pocket gay. The perfect travel-size homosexual. Just pop him in a man-purse, a briefcase, and you're good to go. In ten years they'll be making 'em all that way.

It wasn't quite ten years ago but apparently you're one of the new models.
    I would like to see the male version of Polly Pockets out there for all good homosexual children. Teach them the value of the colour pink and fashion and probably the importance of abs too!
    CBR's LGBT Community