Page 542 of 550 FirstFirst ... 42442492532538539540541542543544545546 ... LastLast
Results 8,116 to 8,130 of 8245

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Nightcrawler figured she would be into him because she was like some kind of dark person into bad boys or whatever. Kind of lame reasons.
    Seriously why does Ultimate Nightcrawler suck so much?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Seriously why does Ultimate Nightcrawler suck so much?
    Yea he was kind of a shitty take on Night Crawler. His 616 was amazing. The priest, the love man kind despite what he has been through. Ultimate Night Crawler was judgmental, a homophobe, and kidnapped a friend after telling her her friends on the Xmen were dead or missing with the intent of making her fall in love with him. He was messed up in the head. The whole thing with being a Weapon X soldier messed him up blah blah blah.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Apparently he was so bad that the X-Men put him into a coma so that Professor X could work on his mind. That is so beyond fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Also, feeling SUPER HAPPY about a recent photoshoot I did, and yes, I'm gonna shamelessly post an image from it, because I feel really proud of my body progress this past 18 months. It's literally the thing keeping me sane in these crazy Covid times. Plus was super worried it would fall into 'cosplay' which I don't do for photoshoots, and was very happy it did not.
    #letmefeelmyoats

Only just seen this. SO HOT! Made my Sunday x

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    great advice here!
    Thank-you

I've been in two pride marches, and been to a few more.
    I still have never been to Pride. EEEEK!

Each person has to do what is right for them. While I do think that LGBTQ+ people need to be seen and heard, if it's a situation that you can't do, then you shouldn't feel guilty, or be made to feel guilty.

I also went with friends to protest at the Supreme Court when gay marriage was up for debate. It was good to see that those who were pro-gay marriage outnumbered the ones against gay marriage. Here's a pic of me at my first pride parade............back in the day. If I'm remembering correctly, I did that march in cowboy boots. Not my smartest move, but I was in full Brokeback mode back then! LOL

See, THIS is what we should celebrate. Rather than 'shaming' anyone who, for whatever reason, doesn't want to stand and fight (which is so wrong, people should never be forced or pressured to do that, everyone has their own struggles) I think putting energy into acknowledging those who do is much better. Much more positive. So thank-you so much for doing this, and you look so adorable! And I LOVE Brokeback Mountain to this day, so it made me super happy to see.

Well check you out!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
    Only just seen this. SO HOT! Made my Sunday x
    EEEEKKK!! You're both so kind... so now I'm gonna be such a shameless ass and post my last shoot in London, I did end of June.

"We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

To me it feels like there are a lot of people out there who don’t know anything about our community and don’t bother educating themselves even when given the opportunity.

Thank-you

I still have never been to Pride. EEEEK!

See, THIS is what we should celebrate. Rather than 'shaming' anyone who, for whatever reason, doesn't want to stand and fight (which is so wrong, people should never be forced or pressured to do that, everyone has their own struggles) I think putting energy into acknowledging those who do is much better. Much more positive. So thank-you so much for doing this, and you look so adorable! And I LOVE Brokeback Mountain to this day, so it made me super happy to see.

EEEEKKK!! You're both so kind... so now I'm gonna be such a shameless ass and post my last shoot in London, I did end of June.

YABBA-DABBA-DO!!!!!!!

Give this man his own movie / TV series right now

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

To me it feels like there are a lot of people out there who don’t know anything about our community and don’t bother educating themselves even when given the opportunity.
    I think that people need to come to that one their own. You can't force people to show an interest in something, that has to develop on its own.

Another issue is that there is a lack of any sort of programing on gay history.

When I first moved into the apartment I'm in now, I selected an expanded cable selection, because I wanted to get the LOGO network. I liked it at first, and then it became a place of reruns for shows like "The A-List". Now, it's full of reruns of "camp classics" like Golden Girls, The Nanny, Will & Grace, Facts of Life, and other stuff that you can see on other networks.

Meanwhile, on F/X, which isn't a gay network, they aired the award winning original series "Pose". This summer, they also aired a six-episode mini-series called "Pride", which talked about the LGBT movement in these installments.

"1950s: People Had Parties"
    "1960s: Riots & Revolutions"
    "1970s: The Vanguard of Struggle"
    "1980s: Underground"
    "1990s: The Culture Wars"
    "2000s: Y2Gay"

I'm not sure if this can be streamed, but you could search and find out. I thought it was very well done.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Kieran, lookin' good! Thanks for sharing your pics!

Brokeback Mountain had a HUGE effect on my life. I hope you all don't mind if I share.

I saw it for the first time the day after Christmas in 2005. I can remember this because Christmas fell on a Sunday that year, and I work for a bank, so I had the day after (Monday) off, because the banks were closed. Brokeback Mountain started to play in my area, so I went to see it. I mentioned it to my mom, and she wanted to see it too, so we went together.

I was completely knocked for a loop by this movie, and was determined to take my straight friends to see it, but that meant I had no one to talk with about the movie. When I got home, in desperation, I searched "brokeback mountain forum", and found an online forum for fans of the movie. We all pretty much had the same reaction, and were looking for kindred spirits to discuss with.

We were from all around the world, and getting to know each other, and discussing all aspects of "our" movie. We held live chat thread during the Golden Globes and celebrated its win, and during the Oscars, and express our rage at its loss of Best Picture.

Not long after that, one the moderators who assisted with the forum (and lived in Texas) said: "I have an acre of land behind my home, and I'm not doing anything the second weekend in August, how about we all meet up and BBQ at my place."

I replied to her - "Texas in August.....120 degrees? Put me down on the list, but don't be disappointed if you only get 10 people to come."

We ended up with about 85 people in her backyard that weekend, we all got rooms at local hotels, and spent our days with her hanging out and getting to know each other in person. We had attendees travel from England, Italy, Finland, Netherlands, and Australia. We all became fast friends, and this started a bunch of other Brokeback BBQs that took place around the world.

Until 2005 I had been a homebody, but from 2005 to 2015 I became a traveler, so I could see my new friends. To date I've been to about 20 of the 50 states, and to Italy, England (Oxford and London), Germany, Australia, New Zealand and Canada. In fact, in Canada we took a tour of the filming locations of the movie.

The forum is still around (but much slower than it was - times change) but I'm still friends with the people I've met there, and we're all connected on Facebook now. I'm hoping I can inspire someone to hold a new gathering once the Covid situation calms down.

Hello team! I identify as a queer woman (she/her) and always have. I was lucky that my coming out story to my mother when I was 12 went like this:
    “Mother… I think I’m bisexual…”
    “Who the **** isn’t Fleur!?”
    And then we never spoke of it again! Thanks for having me, I’m new to CBR.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaJones View Post
    Hello team! I identify as a queer woman (she/her) and always have. I was lucky that my coming out story to my mother when I was 12 went like this:
    “Mother… I think I’m bisexual…”
    “Who the **** isn’t Fleur!?”
    And then we never spoke of it again! Thanks for having me, I’m new to CBR.
    Your mom is awesome (also should swear less lol)

Brokeback Mountain had a HUGE effect on my life. I hope you all don't mind if I share.

I saw it for the first time the day after Christmas in 2005. I can remember this because Christmas fell on a Sunday that year, and I work for a bank, so I had the day after (Monday) off, because the banks were closed. Brokeback Mountain started to play in my area, so I went to see it. I mentioned it to my mom, and she wanted to see it too, so we went together.

I was completely knocked for a loop by this movie, and was determined to take my straight friends to see it, but that meant I had no one to talk with about the movie. When I got home, in desperation, I searched "brokeback mountain forum", and found an online forum for fans of the movie. We all pretty much had the same reaction, and were looking for kindred spirits to discuss with.

We were from all around the world, and getting to know each other, and discussing all aspects of "our" movie. We held live chat thread during the Golden Globes and celebrated its win, and during the Oscars, and express our rage at its loss of Best Picture.
    I loved Brokeback Mountain. It moved me so much. I saw it 11 times at the cinema (easily a record for me). Must be my most-watched movie. Haven't seen it for a number of years though, so need to do something about that soon.

I think that people need to come to that one their own.
    To what? People that hate us aren’t about to do that.

Each person has to do what is right for them. While I do think that LGBTQ+ people need to be seen and heard, if it's a situation that you can't do, then you shouldn't feel guilty, or be made to feel guilty.

I've been in two pride marches, and been to a few more.

I also went with friends to protest at the Supreme Court when gay marriage was up for debate. It was good to see that those who were pro-gay marriage outnumbered the ones against gay marriage.

Here's a pic of me at my first pride parade............back in the day. If I'm remembering correctly, I did that march in cowboy boots. Not my smartest move, but I was in full Brokeback mode back then! LOL

I agree with you one hundred percent. Thank you for your thoughts. I have found this thread and the people on this forum as a whole very kind and accepting.

I love the pic. I remember when Brokeback Mountain came out. Seems like everyone was into it. I remember my dad had no clue what the movie was and was like oh cool a new western. He went to see it. I said what did you think of it dad? He just said Ill stick to John Wayne. It was a funny moment.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

To what? People that hate us aren’t about to do that.
    People who do hate may not come around some may need a better understanding or a personal stake in the debate. My dad has not always been LGBTQ friendly at all. he would not watch shows with gay people or even avoid gay people. When I came out he changed (Slowly) He never disowned me but he never would let me talk about that part of my life. He went from that to watching shows with gay people with me to hanging out with me and my Boyfriends. Went from avoiding gay people to welcoming them into his home and treating them like part of the family. I talk about being gay and we crack jokes about it I am very proud of his change. Would it have happened if I didnt come out? I dont know.