Page 508 of 550 FirstFirst ... 8408458498504505506507508509510511512518 ... LastLast
Results 7,606 to 7,620 of 8245

Well, it's nice to see that Freddie Mercury is still getting some love.

Oh yeah all my straight friends adore him. Still haven’t seen Bohemian rhapsody but every time I talk to someone about it I got a different opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Oh yeah all my straight friends adore him. Still haven’t seen Bohemian rhapsody but every time I talk to someone about it I got a different opinion
    While the film obviously has it's issues, it was nice to see that performance and the man it was based on get a nod.

For those who love Drag Race and comics... I had to share these amazing images by Art by Cheyne. He takes moments from the episodes and draws them as if they were comic covers. I mean... it's brilliant.

EPISODE 1

EPISODE 2

EPISODE 3

I'm waiting to see what's nominated before I work out what I need to see. I want to see "the Favourite" for my birthday movie (as it looks BRILLIANT), and "Roma" because it's Cuarón. Clint's "the Mule" looks cool, and "Green Book" because the cast is awesome. I haven't been very interested in seeing "Bohemian Rhapsody", I've not heard great things about the "erasing" of his sexuality. Not that it isn't mentioned, but it's very... toned down (shall we say) for a broader audience. Maybe I've been misinformed???
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 01-14-2019 at 05:41 PM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

BANNED

Speaking of drag queens, this is a fun Japanese movie starring the famous Akihiro Miwa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post

I'm waiting to see what's nominated before I work out what I need to see. I want to see "the Favourite" for my birthday movie (as it looks BRILLIANT), and "Roma" because it's Cuarón. Clint's "the Mule" looks cool, and "Green Book" because the cast is awesome. I haven't been very interested in seeing "Bohemian Rhapsody", I've not heard great things about the "erasing" of his sexuality. Not that it isn't mentioned, but it's very... toned down (shall we say) for a broader audience. Maybe I've been misinformed???
    On that particular front, I'd say Freddie's sexuality is just one of many "Just The Facts, Ma'am..." casualties in the film. That said, "Toned Down..." is kind of a toss up. The way they played it is just going to work for some folks and not for others. If anything, the disease that ended Freddie's life was what really stuck out if you were old enough to have been someone who followed the band at the time. The film's portrayal is almost entirely something that was created for the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Speaking of drag queens, this is a fun Japanese movie starring the famous Akihiro Miwa.

Oh cool, I actually just got back from Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    For those who love Drag Race and comics... I had to share these amazing images by Art by Cheyne. He takes moments from the episodes and draws them as if they were comic covers. I mean... it's brilliant.

EPISODE 1

EPISODE 2

EPISODE 4

I love them! Latrice is my favourite

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Finally, French music has produced a worthy successor to "Je t'aime, moi non plus."

...I think I prefer Sagat's other talents

BANNED

I watched this on Netflix last night. Pretty good, but it’s a downer.

Yeah I’ve heard of that one and I’m keen to see it too, I would love to go to Israel one day but it’s so far away and I literally just got back from a big trip

Spider-Man: Far from Home will feature the first transgender actors to be in an MCU film.

https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-far-f...gender-actors/

That’s pretty cool! We’re slowly getting there

Incredible Member

That’s pretty cool! We’re slowly getting there
    Yes, but it will still be slow. The chinese market doesn't want LGBTQ characters and the Majors don't want to lose the chinese market.
    I think it will take time to have a gay Iceman or Northstar onscreen. But I'm glad Sony is making the move.

BANNED

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Very disturbing news:

Brazil: openly gay congressman, Jean Wyllys, quit his seat due to death threats. He said in a newspaper interview that a violent climate in the country had worsened since the election of Jair Bolsonaro, who has disparaged gays and other minorities
    Last edited by PaulBullion; 01-25-2019 at 12:31 PM.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!