Page 360 of 550 FirstFirst ... 260310350356357358359360361362363364370410460 ... LastLast
Results 5,386 to 5,400 of 8245
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Welcome to the thread

We have a tradition in the thread for new posters, to answer the same four questions:
    a) who is your favourite LGBT comic character?
    b) who is your favourite fictional LGBT couple? (across all media)
    c) who is your favourite real life LGBT celebrity?
    d) who is your favourite Disney villain?
    I don't think I ever did that...

A) Lord Fanny, from The Invisibles.
    B) Tara and Willow.
    C) Freddy Mercury.
    D) What? One of these is not like the others at all. Darth Vader? Or Shere Khan.

Don't remember actually doing this.

a) who is your favourite LGBT comic character? Catwoman.
    b) who is your favourite fictional LGBT couple? Gene and Phineas from A Separate Peace. It's never explicitly stated in the text, but the author later admitted that there was some serious bromance going on there. I remember I cried at the end. :P
    c) who is your favourite real life LGBT celebrity? Lady Gaga. Been a huge fan since her first record.
    d) who is your favourite Disney villain? Cruella DeVille. I just love glamorous villains.
    Batgirl - ...BOP - Batman - 'Tec - Nightwing - Supergirl - Titans - Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    There's gonna be a Midnighter and Apollo miniseries: http://comicbook.com/2016/06/30/dc-c...er-and-apollo/
    It is nice to see that the progress DC has made on this front won't be a casualty of "Rebirth".

We have a tradition in the thread for new posters, to answer the same four questions:
    a) who is your favourite LGBT comic character?
    b) who is your favourite fictional LGBT couple? (across all media)
    c) who is your favourite real life LGBT celebrity?
    d) who is your favourite Disney villain?
    W8 I didn't do this either:
    a) Batwoman (but Midnighter is growing on me fast)
    b) Maurice Hall and Alec Scudder
    c) Beth Ditto (where's that solo album gorl ?)
    d) idk... Ursula I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    There's gonna be a Midnighter and Apollo miniseries: http://comicbook.com/2016/06/30/dc-c...er-and-apollo/
    This news is actually the only thing about rebirth/marvel now that I care about (oh well, actually Jessica the new green lantern seems cool). Still, wonderful news!

Just saw X-men: Apocalypse; sooooo good. Such a good film and that one moment when Mystique says "society hasn't gotten better, they merely have become politer about hating us" was such a good comment on gay rights in the world. SO GOOD!!!
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Just saw X-men: Apocalypse; sooooo good. Such a good film and that one moment when Mystique says "society hasn't gotten better, they merely have become politer about hating us" was such a good comment on gay rights in the world. SO GOOD!!!
    While I did like that line from Mystique and the line where Apocalypse shouts: "You can fire your arrows from the tower of Babel, but you can never strike God!" I was pretty disappointed by the movie overall, I felt like a lot of people (especially Jennifer Lawrence) were phoning-it-in and I just can't accept Sophie Turner as Jean Grey. I thought it was alright, but definitely not one of the best X-Men movies.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

I find it interesting how Xavier wants to start a campus with both mutants and humans, somewhat like a GSA or maybe like a school with a majority of students from an ethnic minority.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Morning gang! Just back from Chicago from Pride and my best friends lesbian wedding! It was a gay ole week! Plus Midnighter and Apollo series announced! I'm exhausted but had a great week!
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

SQUEAL!!!!! It's be confirmed Sulu will be gay in the next Star Trek movie!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!! So happy.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

SQUEAL!!!!! It's be confirmed Sulu will be gay in the next Star Trek movie!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!! So happy.
    I'm surprised to hear it. I'm not interested in Star Trek shows or movies myself but it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

But why does it have to be Sulu? Because George Takei is gay? Seems like they decided that they would have a gay character and said, "well, since the actor who originated the role is gay, let's make the character gay."

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    But why does it have to be Sulu? Because George Takei is gay? Seems like they decided that they would have a gay character and said, "well, since the actor who originated the role is gay, let's make the character gay."
    Let's be honest, it wouldn't be Kirk, Spock or McCoy. Probably not Scotty either. It would be Sulu or Chekhov (and, sadly, that door is now closed). In the interview it says Sulu is raising his daughter with his same-sex partner. Awwww. So we get to keep Sulu's kid AND get our first ever openly gay character of Star Trek. SQUEAL!

And in an ironic twist, someone who isn't happy about that.....Is George Takei

http://screencrush.com/george-takei-...s-unfortunate/

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    And in an ironic twist, someone who isn't happy about that.....Is George Takei

http://screencrush.com/george-takei-...s-unfortunate/
    I was literally just coming here to post about that. Get ready for the angry straight guys to use Takei's opinion to argue that only brand new characters that they won't ever care about should be gay.