Page 327 of 550 FirstFirst ... 227277317323324325326327328329330331337377427 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,905 of 8245

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Reality is right that there's broad support here but politically it's awful and things are indeed getting worse. The safe schools thing is evidence of this.

That said, oh my gosh I love Priscilla queen of the desert. It's my favourite Australian movie and my favourite lgbtiq movie.
    My dad actually caught it on TV for the first time the other day and said it was really good. I just never think of it when choosing movies. It also just feels bizarre to see Agent Smith in drag.

Happy Monday! How was everyones weekend?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I binge-watched all of Daredevil season 2 on Friday. Charlie Cox is hotter in season 2, he spends more time with his shirt off and not covered in blood.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I binge-watched all of Daredevil season 2 on Friday. Charlie Cox is hotter in season 2, he spends more time with his shirt off and not covered in blood.
    I haven't watched any of it yet. I'm actually starting to get a bit overwhelmed with all the comic related movies, tv shows, etc. I can't keep up.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    That said, oh my gosh I love Priscilla queen of the desert. It's my favourite Australian movie and my favourite lgbtiq movie.
    Still such a fun film (even if one scene is verging on a little... wee racist?). I ADORE Terrance Stamp in it, glad he got Golden Globe nominated, but damn it he should have been up for the Oscar too. It's a truly perfect comedy performance, imbued with dignity, toughness and wit. He was... AMAZING!
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Australia always surprises me with this, I guess it's my ignorance but I always assumed Australia was (like Western countries) more ahead on social issues. That and maybe the bulk of my knowledge is from Priscilla; Queen of the Desert (1994)

I've seen maybe a third of this in random scenes on broadcast tv, but I've never just sat down an watched it start to finish. For a long time I thought To Wong Foo ( which I've never seen) was an American version of this film, but I guess they were developed independently of each other?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    My boyfriend and I noticed this. I'm think he's shirtless once an episode on average, if not more. There were many exclamations of "noice."

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I've seen maybe a third of this in random scenes on broadcast tv, but I've never just sat down an watched it start to finish. For a long time I thought To Wong Foo ( which I've never seen) was an American version of this film, but I guess they were developed independently of each other?
    I always felt To Wong Foo... copied Priscilla... just without the charm and wit.
    #meeeeeow!
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reality View Post
    My boyfriend and I noticed this. I'm think he's shirtless once an episode on average, if not more. There were many exclamations of "noice."
    Well he always gets his butt beat so he needs that might as well get some Fan Service. I am sure Cage will be losing his shirt often in Luke Cage.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

I finally got to see All About Evil all the way through. Peaches Christ's shoutout to shoutout to herself was fantastically gauche.

I was disappointed with the limited approach to the misogyny question, re the gore and exploitation, given Christ/Grannell's work with gender and off-work self-gendering, especially, but well, it's a horror comedy spectacle, not a think piece. Anyway, nice to see Cassandra Peterson out of drag, as it were, and points for blunt humor and unrepentant tackiness.

I always felt To Wong Foo... copied Priscilla... just without the charm and wit.
    #meeeeeow!
    I'm halfway with you, half not. I think it was definitely copying Priscilla, but I also find it more entertaining.

Now, riffing on something from the Marvel LGBT thread: Is there anything to pansexual that isn't covered by bisexual, that isn't based in an arbitrary limitation of bisexual is (eg, not excluding trans individuals or not excluding individuals of certain body types)?
    Last edited by t hedge coke; 03-21-2016 at 10:02 PM.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Now, riffing on something from the Marvel LGBT thread: Is there anything to pansexual that isn't covered by bisexual, that isn't based in an arbitrary limitation of bisexual is (eg, not excluding trans individuals or not excluding individuals of certain body types)?
    In the context of Marvel's comic universe, I think so.

I finally got to see All About Evil all the way through. Peaches Christ's shoutout to shoutout to herself was fantastically gauche.

I was disappointed with the limited approach to the misogyny question, re the gore and exploitation, given Christ/Grannell's work with gender and off-work self-gendering, especially, but well, it's a horror comedy spectacle, not a think piece. Anyway, nice to see Cassandra Peterson out of drag, as it were, and points for blunt humor and unrepentant tackiness.

I'm halfway with you, half not. I think it was definitely copying Priscilla, but I also find it more entertaining.

Never mind
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 03-22-2016 at 12:49 AM.

#meeeeeow!
    I don't know about "More". I guess I could see "It works a bit better for me."

It does feel like "wit" might have been something they intentionally downplayed(assuming that they were starting there).

Elektra joking about that Matt has been working out was a nice touch.

Charlie cox is always hot.

My dad actually caught it on TV for the first time the other day and said it was really good. I just never think of it when choosing movies. It also just feels bizarre to see Agent Smith in drag.
    My dad used to point at it and say "that's why those people get beaten up" when I was in high school.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Amazing! It was sort of like a long weekend for me because we went away on a work trip to Sydney before hand and then on Saturday I caught up with my parents and my cat.

Still such a fun film (even if one scene is verging on a little... wee racist?). I ADORE Terrance Stamp in it, glad he got Golden Globe nominated, but damn it he should have been up for the Oscar too. It's a truly perfect comedy performance, imbued with dignity, toughness and wit. He was... AMAZING!
    Yeah, it's a shame about that racist bit. I would love to see a sequel done where the original three kind of pass on the torch to the current generation who cover the issues facing today's lgbtiq people like Priscilla did for its era. You can even keep the Priscilla name like Harry Potter and bam! Franchise potential! (As in, Priscilla, rides to Midsumma or Priscilla and the three twinks)

I actually made my car super fabulous in the video game mad max because I like to think it's secretly a Priscilla, Queen of the desert video game.