Page 258 of 550 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268308358 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 8245
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I'm not watching Scream Queens, I'm a horror movie fan myself but that show didn't interest me. Lady Gaga counts as LGBT because she is genuinely bisexual.

I've been watching Quantico, there's a character who's pretending to be a gay and an openly gay character who's now trying to figure out why he's a fraud.
    Worst pretend gay ever. He's so far up the Muslim girl's butt it's ridiculous. Good show though, and now better with super hot Eddie from Flash playing proper gay.

AHS lost me last season and I haven;t bothered with this one.

Scream Queens legit makes me laugh. It's 80s B cheese at it's worst/best.
    Last edited by legion_quest; 10-06-2015 at 02:17 PM.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    While I know they are going for "cheese"/"camp", they discussion over threatening to out the gay frat brother bugged me.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While I know they are going for "cheese"/"camp", they discussion over threatening to out the gay frat brother bugged me.
    As opposed to how horrible they are to everyone else?
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    As opposed to how horrible they are to everyone else?
    Sure. It's just that that(and even more Chanel's take on LGBT folks as a part of her chosen vocation) was a little close to the line.

Worst pretend gay ever. He's so far up the Muslim girl's butt it's ridiculous. Good show though, and now better with super hot Eddie from Flash playing proper gay.

AHS lost me last season and I haven;t bothered with this one.

It is so funny cause eddie gave off a really gay vibe in the first episode of flash last season. At least to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Is anyone watching Scream Queens? The show is pretty abysmal, however Nick Jonas is in it and he plays a gay character.

I believe this is his second TV series where he plays gay. He also plays a gay MMA fighter in Kingdom (however, I have never seen it).

Anyone plan on watching the new season of American Horror Story? I think this season has 4 open LGBT actors. Matt Bomber, Cheyenne Jackson, Sarah Paulson, & Denis O'Hare. Possibly more, not sure. Does Gaga count?
    I've only seen the first couple of eps and it's not perfect but fairly entertaining. As horrible as it was I couldn't help but laugh when that girl thought everyone was singing Taylor swift songs when they were really screaming so she started singing along too

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

I would rather watch an 80s horror film for 80s B movie cheese. I don't need a 21st century imitator for it.

I'm thinking it may not even be worth re-pursuing things with this guy. It's a lot to invest in, and things aren't in the place I thought they were. Because the hugs, the handholding, him kissing me on the cheek, him finding my teeny tiny flirts sweet and the acceptance and our honesty as a positive sign. But he reacted badly when I messaged him "sweetie" the following morning, and explained that he thinks I got the wrong impression.

In simple terms. We're not got from #35 back to issue #600 as if nothing has changed. We've not even rebooted. We're the prequel mini-series that mucks around with continuity that is going to affect how things play out in future. Because I felt we were still existing as friends. But that wasn't his perspective. And so that conversation we had was the assurance that we could still exist as friends, but dates aren't even on his mind right now. It is the acceptance that we COULD be, but could is far from a definitive word.

If I'm single for the next year. Three years? I'll deal with it.

But actually I feel somewhat liberated. I have now reached the stage where I might possibly be able to accept seeing other guys. Considering other guys.

Man. I forgot how frustrating relationships and forming them were.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I'm not watching Scream Queens, I'm a horror movie fan myself but that show didn't interest me. Lady Gaga counts as LGBT because she is genuinely bisexual.

I've been watching Quantico, there's a character who's pretending to be a gay and an openly gay character who's now trying to figure out why he's a fraud.
    My mind glosses over anything having to do with Emma Roberts (Scream 4 was awesome, but her, yikes.), so Scream Queens is no dice pour moi.

Quantico is my new guilty pleasure (I don't really feel guilty about any of my pleasures, but that phrase just rolls off the tongue so wonderfully, so I always say it.) At first, I thought the character (Simon, right?) pretending to be gay, was really gay, and took that picture of him and that guy because he wanted the attention of his roommates. I also thought him constantly bugging the Muslim character was just his way of awkwardly making friends.

Gosh, I was wrong.

Once I saw Eddie I was like *_* I hope he's not pretending too.

Like Saul said, he did give off a "gay" vibe on The Flash. In my head canon, Eddie is a younger version of Eobard Thawne, who came back in time to get Barry to fall in love with him, but settled for Iris in the meantime U_U That's why Eobard hates Barry, because his love was never reciprocated. Does it make sense? Maybe not, but I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    I'm thinking it may not even be worth re-pursuing things with this guy. It's a lot to invest in, and things aren't in the place I thought they were. Because the hugs, the handholding, him kissing me on the cheek, him finding my teeny tiny flirts sweet and the acceptance and our honesty as a positive sign. But he reacted badly when I messaged him "sweetie" the following morning, and explained that he thinks I got the wrong impression.

In simple terms. We're not got from #35 back to issue #600 as if nothing has changed. We've not even rebooted. We're the prequel mini-series that mucks around with continuity that is going to affect how things play out in future. Because I felt we were still existing as friends. But that wasn't his perspective. And so that conversation we had was the assurance that we could still exist as friends, but dates aren't even on his mind right now. It is the acceptance that we COULD be, but could is far from a definitive word.

If I'm single for the next year. Three years? I'll deal with it.

But actually I feel somewhat liberated. I have now reached the stage where I might possibly be able to accept seeing other guys. Considering other guys.

Man. I forgot how frustrating relationships and forming them were.
    Damn, I want to say so much more then "it'll be okay", but my lack of dating experience prevents me from doing so. What I can say, as a fellow single person, is that it is very liberating and freeing being on your own. Society is naturally "confused" when it comes to single people, but I let that roll off of my back, and feel there's a lot of power to be had in being single (though being a fickle, finicky person prone to moments of weakness, I often go "I wish I had someone"

I feel like he's sending you a lot of mixed signals, which isn't fair to you, and to him since he likely hasn't figured out what he wants either (which is part of growing up and all that jazz), so I agree that taking a step back and living in the now, as opposed to the the COULD BE future, is the best way to go.

I do hope that things eventually fall in place for you, be it with this guy, or another. ^_^

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Ugh, I hate Ryan Murphy shows, for me he's only good for a season or two then things start getting boring or stupid, it makes me sad cause I love Ryan Murphy's ideas, a horror anthology series like AHS would be my JAM or a drama musical like Glee, esp with the super talented cast he manages to snag, but I lose interest after two seasons, it's the same for Scream Queens, except things got annoying for me after two episodes and the cast is much less enjoyable, Emma Robert's character annoys me, I know she's meant to be hateful, but all the attention seems to be focused on her, yet there is no redeeming qualities, she's like Heather from the Heathers movie if the movie revolved around her and there was no Veronica (Cause Grace doesn't really have personality and presence that Veronica had)

spoilers:
    I mean, I know she's most likely going to die, but with all the attention she's getting, it'll most likely be a season finale kind of thing, I don't think I could stand a whole season of her hatefulness
    end of spoilers

I'll still keep watching maybe one more episode or two, cause I really do WANT to like it =/ Plus I finished Uni and I still don't have a job so it's not like I don't have any free time lolol plus Charisma Carpenter cameo'd! She's Cordelia on Buffy! Pretty much my favourite fictional character, or at least in the top 5.
    Last edited by Step; 10-08-2015 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Damn, I want to say so much more then "it'll be okay", but my lack of dating experience prevents me from doing so. What I can say, as a fellow single person, is that it is very liberating and freeing being on your own. Society is naturally "confused" when it comes to single people, but I let that roll off of my back, and feel there's a lot of power to be had in being single (though being a fickle, finicky person prone to moments of weakness, I often go "I wish I had someone"

I feel like he's sending you a lot of mixed signals, which isn't fair to you, and to him since he likely hasn't figured out what he wants either (which is part of growing up and all that jazz), so I agree that taking a step back and living in the now, as opposed to the the COULD BE future, is the best way to go.

I do hope that things eventually fall in place for you, be it with this guy, or another. ^_^
    You always find the right things to say Charmed; I'm sure you'll be great in relationships.

He's pretty busy tomorrow so we may not see each other at the LGBT soc. Which means I'll probably next seem him on Saturday for Doctor Who and then absolutely no idea for after that.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    CBR's LGBT Community

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

In my head canon, Eddie is a younger version of Eobard Thawne, who came back in time to get Barry to fall in love with him, but settled for Iris in the meantime U_U That's why Eobard hates Barry, because his love was never reciprocated. Does it make sense? Maybe not, but I love it.
    Yasss Gawd !!! How wonderful would that be!

[QUOTE=Charmed;1526297]In my head canon, Eddie is a younger version of Eobard Thawne, who came back in time to get Barry to fall in love with him, but settled for Iris in the meantime U_U That's why Eobard hates Barry, because his love was never reciprocated. Does it make sense? Maybe not, but I love it.

Preach it Charmed! Enjoy being single for now ABR. I remember being in my early 20s and getting mixed signals from the guy I was crazy about. Wish I had detached earlier and saw all the other endless possibilities around me. I know it's hard to just be friends and hang out which it seems it what he wants so do what's best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Step View Post
    Ugh, I hate Ryan Murphy shows, for me he's only good for a season or two things start getting boring or stupid, it makes me sad cause I love Ryan Murphy's ideas, a horror anthology series like AHS would be my JAM or a drama musical like Glee, esp with the super talented cast he manages to snag, but I lose interest after two seasons, it's the same for Scream Queens, except things got annoying for me after two episodes and the cast is much less enjoyable, Emma Robert's character annoys me, I know she's meant to be hateful, but all the attention seems to be focused on her, yet there is no redeeming qualities, she's like Heather from the Heathers movie if the movie revolved around her and there was no Veronica (Cause Grace doesn't really have personality and presence that Veronica had)

spoilers:
    I mean, I know she's most likely going to die, but with all the attention she's getting, it'll most likely be a season finale kind of thing, I don't think I could stand a whole season of her hatefulness
    end of spoilers

I'll still keep watching maybe one more episode or two, cause I really do WANT to like it =/ Plus I finished Uni and I still don't have a job so it's not like I don't have any free time lolol plus Charisma Carpenter cameo'd! She's Cordelia on Buffy! Pretty much my favourite fictional character, or at least in the top 5.
    Ryan Murphy, IMO, is past his prime. Nip/Tuck was great, Glee had a good couple of seasons, & AHS had a strong start...

Now, everything he puts out is like a parody of itself. There is no real meat & potatoes, it's just random sex, violence, & gore.

Verona > Grace. All day everyday! What is your damage, Heather?

Well he was at the LGBT society so I spent the whole time with a lot of anxiety over the fact we were barely talking and he was getting on really well in conversations with other people which just shows me how much I lack in communication skills.

We ended up walking back together; the president of the society has noticed our flirtation before and doesn't know what's happened so was making hints (I messaged him about it just now to clear it up; anyway me and him were walking and he was messaging another guy on his phone, so I ended up asking questions and finally got the answer that he met him on Grindr. And he's just a friend. Still doesn't fill me with "hey, that's cool", more raging anxiety.

I can't even deal with a society meet with him. I can't deal with the prospect of watching Doctor Who with him on Saturday, but then neither can I deal with the prospect of watching it alone.

But then I see him talking about computers in great detail and get a massive crush on his face.

But then my mind has flashbacks to us in bed and being cute and I don't know what to think.

I was going to hang out with the other queer guy tomorrow but I'm so tempted to cancel. I feel I NEED to head home for the weekend but I have a lot of work to catch up which leaves me no choice but to stick around here for now unless I want to totally fail. UGH.
    CBR's LGBT Community

Incredible Member

Heh, I could write a whole book on getting mixed signals from four years of intense experience during what equals high school.

And I had indeed a rather thorough post written, but I decided to spare you ramblings about teenage angst long past.

Anyway, I gotta agree, being single and without any sort of romance anxiety is exhileratingly liberating.

Yeah I'm the same. I don't have anxiety about being single but I'm open to not being single too. I've been chatting to a cute guy on plenty of fish actually. He got me into Pokemon shuffle which is heaps of fun. I asked him out but he didn't sound too keen yet (he said he was busy but I still want to keep chatting to him because sometimes it takes a guy a while to trust people).

How long do you think it should be before someone asks someone out online? For me it was a week. Too soon? Obviously answer is going to be when it feels right but that's hard to gauge from the other persons perspective