Page 498 of 550 FirstFirst ... 398448488494495496497498499500501502508548 ... LastLast
Results 7,456 to 7,470 of 8245

spoilers:
    Deadpool grabbing Colossus's ass got laughs from my theater, but my bi friend and I both had a reaction of, "Get it gurl" more or less. Of course our reaction isn't uniform among the "community", but, for me, I didn't find it humorous. The writers wrote it to elicit laughter from the audience, and it did. Still, I wonder, if and when they decide to depict his pansexuality in a more serious manner, will the audience still find it funny because of the character and the film space he occupies?
    end of spoilers

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    spoilers:
    Deadpool grabbing Colossus's ass got laughs from my theater, but my bi friend and I both had a reaction of, "Get it gurl" more or less. Of course our reaction isn't uniform among the "community", but, for me, I didn't find it humorous. The writers wrote it to elicit laughter from the audience, and it did. Still, I wonder, if and when they decide to depict his pansexuality in a more serious manner, will the audience still find it funny because of the character and the film space he occupies?
    end of spoilers
    Deadpool spoilers everyone ^ (at first I was worried about revealing it in case it was rupaul spoilers lol)

spoilers:
    honestly I don’t know. I still remember seeing beauty and the beast and I could hear the audience making nervous sounds whenever there was something even slightly gay on screen. To be honest, I don’t care what heterosexuals think.

Off topic but how good was juggernaut! What a legend
    end of spoilers

Only 4 days left to pledge for my next book, the Gentleman.

An article I wrote today about it, particularly on the aspect of "pandering" simply due to trying to add representation and trying to subvert that problematic term.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05...unrepresented/

"Representation of diversity seems to be a hot, smoldering topic. You would think that a medium whose stories continually preach acceptance and inclusion would make such themes of diversity a common thing, but those same fans find fault in anything not being the “norm” or the “default”: straight, white, or male (and of course all three together). Many of those fans will scream how companies are “pandering” to a marginalized audience, and I find myself confused thinking, “But everything before was pandering to you to begin with.”

I got tired of wanting to see a queer Black man depicted as the hero, and not just a man struggling with his feelings and accepting himself. I wanted to see him as a hero like Constantine or Jack Harkness from Dr. Who and Torchwood: not giving a damn about what people felt, messing with whomever he fancied, man or woman, and saving the day. The one bisexual Black character I can even think about is Prodigy, who comes and goes and has no real stature of importance in the long form when it comes to the Marvel universe. After realizing I wasn’t going to get that, I decided, “Fine, I’ll do it myself.” It was a funny coincidence when Marcel Dupree, the publisher and editor of SFC Comics/Evoluzione Publishing, asked me to not only write and develop a mini-series for his character but also asked if I’d be comfortable with writing Oliver as bi or pansexual. I laughed and said, “I’m way ahead of you,” having already plotted it."
    Kickstarter for my comic Is'nana the Were-Spider, Vol 1 and 2!

Horror/fantasy coming of age book about the son of Anansi the Spider seeking for his place in the world.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Queer Signs with hunky Nyle DiMarco.

Good to know.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Hey what are some good songs you think of when you think of LGBTIQ geeks? I made a playlist on Spotify and it’s got Steven universe, winter soldier songs, little bit of pop like arianna grande. If you could think of any suggestions let me know!

And if you want to have a listen https://open.spotify.com/user/hallie...S_WWjlBGUvnKcw

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Queer Signs with hunky Nyle DiMarco.

Good to know.
    Nyle is so cool. I've wanted to learn sign language for some time now, but I always seem to find an excuse. It's interesting learning the signs for bi, gay, lesbian, queer and trans. I wonder what the signs would be for identities like intersex, genderqueer, demisexual/romantic etc.

Awesome video, Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Hey what are some good songs you think of when you think of LGBTIQ geeks? I made a playlist on Spotify and it’s got Steven universe, winter soldier songs, little bit of pop like arianna grande. If you could think of any suggestions let me know!

And if you want to have a listen https://open.spotify.com/user/hallie...S_WWjlBGUvnKcw
    I don't have a spotify account but by clicking the link I saw that you had some Wonder Woman on there...which I was just about to suggest lol

I personally listen to a lot of Final Fantasy instrumental tunes, and FF XIII ranks quite high in the lesbian subtext (though it's a lot closer to the text than something like Final Fantasy XV is).
    Songs from that game are "Fang's Theme", "Vanille's Theme" (Fang and Vanille are the two characters who may or may not be in a romantic/sexual relationship. I lean towards may because of their dialogue and comfort around each other), and "Blinded by Light".

"You're dead!"- Soldier

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Great suggestions! Thanks!!

Anyone watch "Pose" yet? Watched the first episode last night and thought it was really good.

The actors/actresses they found for this show are pretty phenomenal!

Some possibilities, from my musical view. View them as starting points for further exploration.

"We Are Who We Are" and "Burn It Down" by Vixy & Tony.

"Nopetopus" and "I Ship It" by PDX Broadsides.

"One of Us", "Joan", and "I Never Will Marry" by Heather Dale.

"Two Guys Kissing Ruined My Life" by Tom Smith (up on Youtube, but not Spotify).

"Wicked Girls" and "My Story Is Not Done" by Seanan McGuire (ditto, and sadly the Youtube versions are poor live recordings).

"Archetype Cafe" by Talis Kimberley.

"Alien Jellyfish Song" by Chris Conway.

The entire album "Scattering Seeds on the Pomegranate Tour" by Mary Crowell.

The albums Wintertide and A Familiar Promise by Alexander James Adams includes him in duets with his pre-transition voice as Heather Alexander.

I came here to post about a new gay hero of mine, who has been so open and so funny and so wonderful on Britain's Got Talent (and came second). He's as positive and inspirational as he is proud and unapologetic. The LGBT+ community has always been about standing out, about being different; gorgeously different. And Robert White is a celebration of everything we should be, I adore him!

... but it does BEAUTIFULLY tie into the conversation about LGBT+ music and LGBT+ geeks. What a happy coincidence.

"We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Anyone watch "Pose" yet? Watched the first episode last night and thought it was really good.

The actors/actresses they found for this show are pretty phenomenal!
    I've worked and done a few photoshoots with Dom, the trans actress on the show.
    Kickstarter for my comic Is'nana the Were-Spider, Vol 1 and 2!

Horror/fantasy coming of age book about the son of Anansi the Spider seeking for his place in the world.

The subject matter of "Pose" really interests me, but, for some reason, I've never wanted to watch anything created by Murphy. His shows are probably fine, but the topics of his shows have never appealed to me. I'll probably wait until the season is over.

"You're dead!"- Soldier

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    The subject matter of "Pose" really interests me, but, for some reason, I've never wanted to watch anything created by Murphy. His shows are probably fine, but the topics of his shows have never appealed to me. I'll probably wait until the season is over.
    "Feud" was wonderful.

I like this song.