Page 101 of 550 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 8245
    22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

Just had the funniest night:

I confessed my lust for our mutual pal to my two bffs at college, who in turn admitted they'd been feeling similarly. THIS IS SO FUNNY XD
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Time Like Lightning View Post
    One of my close friends just came out as bi. Now, I've trained myself not to have crushes on straight guys but now I can't stop considering what he'd be like as a boyfriend. I don't even think I'm crushing on him, it's just me considering this possibility I'd never even glanced at. It'd totally throw off our friend group's dynamic sooooo not sure I'd do it anyway. Luckily I'll be gone for my semester abroad soon.
    Bearing in mind that my advice is usually terrible, if you're going to be going abroad soon then it doesn't matter if you mess up the group dynamic because you won't have to deal with it. So I'd go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    To my knowledge, I don't recall either Black Panther or Captain Marvel having any LGBT characters in their supporting cast.
    Taku, one of T'Challa's close friends and part of his crew was gay along with Venomm, who was a villain but later fell in love with Taku. Sadly due to writers always bringing in their own supporting casts, characters like Taku are hardly ever seen anymore.

QUESTION: are there any LGBT supporting characters for either Captain Marvel or Black Panther?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    The villain that body swaps during Hudlin's run is shown seducing men and women in order to gain their bodies. Cannibal was a supporting character throughout the run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Taku, one of T'Challa's close friends and part of his crew was gay along with Venomm, who was a villain but later fell in love with Taku. Sadly due to writers always bringing in their own supporting casts, characters like Taku are hardly ever seen anymore.
    Oh YEY!!! This made me smile; thank-you both. I will add them to the LGBT Marvel character thread. So... we might actually get an LGBT supporting cast member in the BP movie? That would be awesome!

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Some heartwarming stories from Huffington Post that end up making me envious of how much more awesome this new generation of kids is, 2012 and 2014.

Another YouTuber, Connor Franta, has come out. Even if you don't watch his videos (I don't personally), his story is worth checking out as he talks about how much of a struggle he had in opening up; even though he knew for a very long time he couldn't open up until his 20s.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYodBfRxKWI
    I did start watching Troye Sivan's videos (and the Spud films) after he came out and I'm still watching, so I might have to do the same with Connor and see if I like his style.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

LGBT themed films released next year. Feel free to add to the list!
    Appropriate Behaviour, about a bisexual Persian woman living in America with her girlfriend
    The Duke of Burgundy - a lepidopterist and her maid in a Victorian lesbian society
    I Am Michael, a biopic featuring James Franco and Zachary Quinto
    Love is Strange (featuring Alfred Molina!)
    Something Must Break - Swedish film about a straight guy who dates an androgynous guy
    Last edited by America / Bucky / Russia; 12-16-2014 at 05:01 AM.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    CBR's LGBT Community

Default :)

Happiness for one of the giants of gay rights! So glad for her

Martina Navratilova's wedded bliss
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-30490513

I met Navratilova and her new bride Julia Lemigova in a room at the Peninsula hotel in New York, just moments after the tennis legend had said "I do". Their delight was evident. So how does the nine-time Wimbledon winner feel a few minutes into her new role as wife? Terrified and really odd are the initial reactions and then a slightly choked, "I'm 58 years old, and I got married for the first time. It's about time, right?"

This summer, 33 years after she came out as bisexual, Navratilova proposed to her girlfriend of six years. She did so on bended knee, in public, on camera, at the US Open. "I was so overwhelmed and completely surprised," Lemigova says of the moment, "but I would not expect anything less from Martina." Lemigova said yes, and that led to the Peninsula.

For Navratilova, there are actually two new roles today - wife and mother - Lemigova has two daughters. Navratilova reveals that Julia's younger daughter had been badgering to propose to her mother all year. And if Martina feels anxious about becoming a mum herself at 58, she doesn't show it. This was a private ceremony for friends and family, but it is clear they both feel it is a public act too - one they hope will encourage other gay couples.

Navratilova has championed gay rights for decades. She says after so many years of not having marital rights, it is important for gay families to make their relationships legal, and her public proposal and wedding are part of that cause. While public opinion has shifted with remarkable speed on this issue, there are still very few openly gay athletes, even in the world of tennis. "I'm surprised more players haven't come out," says Navratilova. "Particularly no male players. They're so far in the closet, I don't even know who they are."

Navratilova has always been a trailblazer - off court and on. She is still an icon for millions of aspiring players. But today she is something more private and more romantic. For the first time, she is a wife.

Take Me to Church has been trending in the charts and become really quite an earworm. I don't like a lot of the mainstream music nowadays, but this actually made for quite a change.

What I didn't expect when watching the video was guys kissing and brutal attacks. It's pretty heartbreaking to watch, but the subtext is clear.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYSVMgRr6pw
    CBR's LGBT Community

For those who celebrate holidays around this time of the year, what are your plans? (insert christmas-themed smiley here)

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    For those who celebrate holidays around this time of the year, what are your plans? (insert christmas-themed smiley here)
    Doing homework and applying to universities; maybe watching The Hobbit; maybe getting drunk. xD

Also I plan to receive presents and be satisfied with them.

Best LGBT Films of 2014
    CBR's LGBT Community

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    My aunt and a few of my cousins flew in from NY yesterday, more are coming tonight lol and my great aunt and her family are coming from England Friday.

I've got to decorate the house for my grandma and then go on a shopping spree, then we party... Until old years while cherishing family. :3
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Got the family tree decorated

We're part Dutch, so yes those are little wooden shoes

We'll have friends and siblings visiting. I don't spend a lot per person but I feel I'm a pretty thoughtful gift-giver.

You Dutch are awesome! The tree here is way less impressive.
    CBR's LGBT Community

Apocalypse NOW
    Armagayddon
    CBR's LGBT Community

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    Doing homework and applying to universities; maybe watching The Hobbit; maybe getting drunk. xD

Also I plan to receive presents and be satisfied with them.
    I could never watch The Hobbit or The Lord of the Rings films. It brings back memories of me falling asleep in a theater when I was seven (that was around the time the second LoTR film came out.)

Nevertheless, have a great holiday ^^

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    My aunt and a few of my cousins flew in from NY yesterday, more are coming tonight lol and my great aunt and her family are coming from England Friday.

I've got to decorate the house for my grandma and then go on a shopping spree, then we party... Until old years while cherishing family. :3
    That's so sweet. I hope the holidays are as awesome as you've described them. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Got the family tree decorated

We'll have friends and siblings visiting. I don't spend a lot per person but I feel I'm a pretty thoughtful gift-giver.
    That tree is badass. Happy Holidays!

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York