Page 102 of 550 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 8245

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    For those who celebrate holidays around this time of the year, what are your plans? (insert christmas-themed smiley here)
    My boyfriend (and our cats) head to my parents for four days of awesome fun (good food, gin drinking and board games with my siblings and their partners). My parents have a big house, so it's lovely when we are all there. Also, Pretender has the right idea!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Got the family tree decorated
    LOVE IT!!!!

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Wishing all of you a wonderful festive season!!

Just watched the Flash/Arrow crossover episode where Capt. Singh talks about his boyfriend. As I don't read the comics I had no idea he was gay.
    The actor Patrick Sabonqui is quite a dish.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

I could never watch The Hobbit or The Lord of the Rings films. It brings back memories of me falling asleep in a theater when I was seven (that was around the time the second LoTR film came out.)
    I can't say I'm a fan of The Hobbit, but I figure it's best to complete the trilogy and plus it means I get to hang out with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlad View Post
    That we can agree on!

---

BBC One are broadcasting a trans-themed drama on Boxing Day, The Boy in the Dress, adapted from David Walliams' childrens book of the same name.
    Behind the Scenes / Q&A / Trailer
    Last edited by America / Bucky / Russia; 12-18-2014 at 12:53 PM.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

That tree is badass. Happy Holidays!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    LOVE IT!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    You Dutch are awesome! The tree here is way less impressive.
    Thanks everyone.

Michigan Dutch grow good trees, we have a lot of Christmas tree farms so pricing is pretty reasonable too. Like $15 (which Google tells me is £9.60 or 12.23EUR) with shaking (to get rid of loose needles) and they bound it in twine to put in/on the car.
    I can't say I'm a fan of The Hobbit, but I figure it's best to complete the trilogy and plus it means I get to hang out with friends
    Yeah I've seen every LOTR movie so far and plan on seeing this Hobbit too even though I haven't read any of the books or get too in to it. I usually go with my sister and her husband to them but he had hernia surgery earlier so they weren't available opening day. She said he recently asked when we were going to the Hobbit and she's like, well not this week cause there's too much going on. LOL I think in January when life has settled down we'll see the last one.

Some will say they're just "gal pals", but I think they're made for each other.

(Korra and Asami from The Legend of Korra.)

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Just reread The Fifth Beatle, having received it for Christmas last year (the reading experience was definitely enhanced by playing through Revolver and Rubber Soul!) Its focus is primarily on Epstein and the Beatles, however there are these little moments where his sexuality is alluded to or he almost says the wrong thing. There's a scene on the beach where Lennon asks him what guys he finds attractive, including himself. Of course I knew going in that homosexuality was criminalised until 1969 and subject to imprisonment or castration - but it's another thing to read those elements within a narrative where you can see the social attitudes of the period - with some acceptance, some casual homophobia, etc. One of the main plotlines within the book though is Epstein's lover in NYC, who refuses commitment and ends up betraying him. I've no idea on how many liberties the biography takes, but it's worth checking out and apparently a film adaptation with Benedict Cumberbatch is on the cards.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    CBR's LGBT Community

22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

Just watched the Flash/Arrow crossover episode where Capt. Singh talks about his boyfriend. As I don't read the comics I had no idea he was gay.

Oh, MY. I wonder if he'd think twenty was too young for a bf. Hot in the comic and TV show!

Some will say they're just "gal pals", but I think they're made for each other.

(Korra and Asami from The Legend of Korra.)
    The romantic imagery is so strong. No question in my mind Bryke had to fight for what we got, and would've put in a kiss if allowed. Something tells me the higher-ups at Nick put a stop to it.

Recently found out a guy I liked last spring was into me the whole time, but he held it in b/c I came out to him and he thought I needed space, and I held it in b/c I thought he viewed me as his "LGBT+ mentee", not potential boyfriend material. And now I'm studying abroad next semester, so I won't see him again until next August.

Eh. I'm looking at it the way Michael Scott looked at his connection to Holly Flax, albeit maybe w/ a bit less certainty that this is meant to be. More along the "what will be, will be" lines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxNxtI0k31w
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Like Lightning View Post
    Recently found out a guy I liked last spring was into me the whole time, but he held it in b/c I came out to him and he thought I needed space, and I held it in b/c I thought he viewed me as his "LGBT+ mentee", not potential boyfriend material. And now I'm studying abroad next semester, so I won't see him again until next August.
    I hope it works out for you. It's terrible to learn a guy was into you after the fact, and I've certainly had that problem in the past.
    CBR's LGBT Community

Hello my diamonds! Could everyone stop by and support the new DISABILITY IN NEWS & MEDIA thread? (http://community.comicbookresources....d=1#post796504) Crimson Knight is doing a great job, but needs support. We're very lucky to have such a good group of supportive posters (both LGBT and allies) in this thread, let's help out others. Plus you can learn awesome things you didn't know before. For example, through that thread I learnt that Geri Jewell (who played Jewel Caufield in Deadwood) was made famous by the Facts of Life in the early 80s, which made her the first person with a disability to have a regular role on a prime time series is ALSO openly a lesbian.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    My boyfriend (and our cats) head to my parents for four days of awesome fun (good food, gin drinking and board games with my siblings and their partners). My parents have a big house, so it's lovely when we are all there. Also, Pretender has the right idea!!!

LOVE IT!!!!
    Big houses are always fun. I hope you enjoy your christmas, Kieran. ^^

He sure is. It's funny because the "usual suspects", you know, the ones who don't want characters to be "too gay", were upset that they didn't devote more time to the fact that he had a boyfriend. It's like you can't talk too much about it, but you better not say only a few things about it either.

Oh, MY. I wonder if he'd think twenty was too young for a bf. Hot in the comic and TV show!
    Or nineteen lol

The romantic imagery is so strong. No question in my mind Bryke had to fight for what we got, and would've put in a kiss if allowed. Something tells me the higher-ups at Nick put a stop to it.
    It really is. I was rooting for these two last season.
    I read something, not sure how true it was, that originally they were facing forward into the spirit portal (as most people just walk through it, like they would any door), but they went back and changed them facing towards each other. Just like a married couple faces each other at the altar.

Now I want little Asami and Korra babies. :3

Sorry to hear about that =(
    I know this may not be the best solution, but have you thought about skype-ing him, or even emailing him, while you were away?

"You're dead!"- Soldier

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

I hope it works out for you. It's terrible to learn a guy was into you after the fact, and I've certainly had that problem in the past.
    Thank you, ABR.
    Or nineteen lol
    Charmed, I regret to tell you this, my friend, but we must be rivals for his heart. THE DUEL SHALL COMMENCE AT DAWN

It really is. I was rooting for these two last season.
    I read something, not sure how true it was, that originally they were facing forward into the spirit portal (as most people just walk through it, like they would any door), but they went back and changed them facing towards each other. Just like a married couple faces each other at the altar.

Now I want little Asami and Korra babies. :3
    Really? That's intriguing. I never even thought of the marital imagery, but I love that. Hell, for all we know, the spirit world could actually allow for two women to have biological children together. And we have no idea how fast technology will advance in this world, for other means... or just good ol' fashioned adoption. :')

Sorry to hear about that =(
    I know this may not be the best solution, but have you thought about skype-ing him, or even emailing him, while you were away?
    Thanks, you. To be honest, I'm scared of not feeling something for him if I actually get to know him more. These past few months I've been worried I just can't feel anything, romantic or otherwise.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

He/him/his pronouns.

Or nineteen lol
    What about seventeen?

Nine years after their civil partnership, Elton John is marrying David Furnish.
    CBR's LGBT Community

This is gonna be some Dead Man's Chest-level duel for Captain Singh's hand/heart/body, right here.

ABR/Charmed/Me:

Meanwhile Kieran:

He/him/his pronouns.

Thank you, ABR.

Charmed, I regret to tell you this, my friend, but we must be rivals for his heart. THE DUEL SHALL COMMENCE AT DAWN
    May the best man, *cough* me, win.

Really? That's intriguing. I never even thought of the marital imagery, but I love that. Hell, for all we know, the spirit world could actually allow for two women to have biological children together. And we have no idea how fast technology will advance in this world, for other means... or just good ol' fashioned adoption. :')
    It was the first thing I thought of. Someone said that marriage was like a spiritual journey. They're taking a literal one. What's even cooler is that they sat together at Varrick and Zhu Li's wedding. Bonus: The score at the end is the 'romance' theme of the previous series.

The whole thing is awesome all around.

Thanks, you. To be honest, I'm scared of not feeling something for him if I actually get to know him more. These past few months I've been worried I just can't feel anything, romantic or otherwise.
    I wish I had better advice to give. I don't want to give the cliché "You'll feel romantic again." advice, but at the same time, I think that'll probably happen eventually.

This is gonna be some Dead Man's Chest-level duel for Captain Singh's hand/heart/body, right here.

ABR/Charmed/Me:

I call being Jack in that scenario

"You're dead!"- Soldier

Why fight when you can all just team up on him and have fun together?