Page 103 of 550 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 8245

As an only child, I never learned to share :S And I'm not about to start now!

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

lol, Just saying, find the right folks and it's pretty damn fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    lol, Just saying, find the right folks and it's pretty damn fun.
    You're probably right. I'm open to the idea of sharing MY imaginary boyfriend. >.>

Another interesting tidbit on the Korra x Asami front: http://soulless-and-i-like-it.tumblr...t/105647050008

The mountains in the background resemble the bisexual flag.

"You're dead!"- Soldier

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

The fact that Michael DiMartino shared the Vanity Fair article on his Facebook shuts up anyone who claims "but they're just close friends!"

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    The fact that Michael DiMartino shared the Vanity Fair article on his Facebook shuts up anyone who claims "but they're just close friends!"
    Oh, they'll still keep saying it. Korra and Asami could do the deed and they'll still "just be friends", and anyone who says they aren't are "trying to force the gay agenda into everything!!!!"

The excuses will never end. Meanwhile, the collective denial tastes great.

"You're dead!"- Soldier

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Another interesting tidbit on the Korra x Asami front: http://soulless-and-i-like-it.tumblr...t/105647050008

The mountains in the background resemble the bisexual flag.

I didn't even know there was a bisexual flag!
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Some will say they're just "gal pals", but I think they're made for each other.

(Korra and Asami from The Legend of Korra.)
    So I love the Avatar series. I wasn't a big fan of the Korra stories at first but quickly fell in love with it as well.

In regards to Korra and Asami's relationship, to me it seemed a little out of nowhere. Don't get me wrong, I didn't have a problem with it, but to me the writers could have done better to demonstrate this budding love. Yea Korra wrote Asami and told her not to tell the guys but it just seemed innocent; she just seemed to trust her more.

I was very much so surprised by it and also felt if they were going to take it there they should have left the ambiguous hand-holding out and replaced that with a kyss.

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    I didn't even know there was a bisexual flag!
    Neither did I.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    So I love the Avatar series. I wasn't a big fan of the Korra stories at first but quickly fell in love with it as well.

In regards to Korra and Asami's relationship, to me it seemed a little out of nowhere. Don't get me wrong, I didn't have a problem with it, but to me the writers could have done better to demonstrate this budding love. Yea Korra wrote Asami and told her not to tell the guys but it just seemed innocent; she just seemed to trust her more.

I was very much so surprised by it and also felt if they were going to take it there they should have left the ambiguous hand-holding out and replaced that with a kyss.
    With only 12 episodes a season, and losing the first 24-25 episodes (two seasons) to a crappy love triangle, I feel like they did the best with what they had. Plus, I don't think they could have built their relationship up the same way they could Katara and Aang's without Nickelodeon going, "Take that out. We have little kids watching." That meant, sadly, that most of the "budding love" moments were delegated to little facial expressions, background movements, and zoomed-in hand holding moments.

A kiss wouldn't work on two levels. One, Nickelodeon would not let it happen. (The original ending only had them facing away from the camera, and, supposedly Bryke managed to re-do it/sneak it in, depending on the source) Two, it would be too fast. I feel like I'm of the camp that they're in the earlier stages of a romantic relationship, before that first kiss. So, while a kiss probably would have been preferable, if only to stick it to the people who will deny it, from a story perspective, it would feel rushed. Of course, there are those who find the whole thing rushed anyway, but that's a whole other topic.

Just my two cents.

"You're dead!"- Soldier

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Neither did I.

With only 12 episodes a season, and losing the first 24-25 episodes (two seasons) to a crappy love triangle, I feel like they did the best with what they had. Plus, I don't think they could have built their relationship up the same way they could Katara and Aang's without Nickelodeon going, "Take that out. We have little kids watching." That meant, sadly, that most of the "budding love" moments were delegated to little facial expressions, background movements, and zoomed-in hand holding moments.

A kiss wouldn't work on two levels. One, Nickelodeon would not let it happen. (The original ending only had them facing away from the camera, and, supposedly Bryke managed to re-do it/sneak it in, depending on the source) Two, it would be too fast. I feel like I'm of the camp that they're in the earlier stages of a romantic relationship, before that first kiss. So, while a kiss probably would have been preferable, if only to stick it to the people who will deny it, from a story perspective, it would feel rushed. Of course, there are those who find the whole thing rushed anyway, but that's a whole other topic.

Just my two cents.
    I completely understand why they would have to tread lightly on presenting such a relationship, but there are ways this could have been addressed subtly prior to this hand holding that would have at least made this not seem so rushed or done out of fan service. There whole relationship to me as viewer seemed to revolve around their mutual attraction towards Mako, and their friendship that grew as a result of them mutually ending the relationship. There just weren't any moments prior that would suggest that they had a budding attraction for each other. I mean have them share long and loving gazes at each other. Have her Korra out full force trying to save Asami like Mako was Korra when he thought he had lost her.

There are ways this can be done in way that wouldn't be too much for a younger audience.

There's a list of lgbt+ characters in animation in Wikipedia. The Legend of Korra is the only western cartoon aimed at children in which the protagonist is lgbt+. Truly a historic achievement.

Has anyone made Korrasmi "Deal With It" GIFs yet?
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

Why do so many people consider lesbian fanservice a bad thing?

You'd think more people - particularly straight white males - would be in favour. Call me selfish, but a large part of my support for gay rights is because "yay, lesbians." Yet too many supposedly straight homophobes attack it just as harshly as they do gay male scenes. You'd think they'd embrace it, because you can never have too much HLA in this world.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Not heard this before, but Brad Pitt's 8 year old trans son John appeared on the red carpet last night in a dapper suit and cropped hair. Woop! In the mainstream!
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    Why do so many people consider lesbian fanservice a bad thing?

You'd think more people - particularly straight white males - would be in favour. Call me selfish, but a large part of my support for gay rights is because "yay, lesbians." Yet too many supposedly straight homophobes attack it just as harshly as they do gay male scenes. You'd think they'd embrace it, because you can never have too much HLA in this world.
    People say "fanservice" like its a bad thing. All media/art is created to service and entertain fans.