Page 104 of 550 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 8245
    Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    People say "fanservice" like its a bad thing. All media/art is created to service and entertain fans.
    So long as it works narratively within the confines of the story, there should be no issue with fanservice.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    Not heard this before, but Brad Pitt's 8 year old trans son John appeared on the red carpet last night in a dapper suit and cropped hair. Woop! In the mainstream!
    I never know what to think about stuff like this.

On the one hand, I can celebrate for trans people that they can get some attention to their 'cause,' but on the other hand the cynic in me wanders how much is 'real' with that family and this situation.

And yet another hand thinks that 8 is awfully young to be making decisions like that. Granted, if you know, you know, but still, 8 is very young.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

I don't know why, but it makes me smile knowing that the relationship section of the official Avatar wiki has been updated with Korra and Asami under romantic. I hope the comics don't backtrack on that.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

MERRY CHRISTMAS, my beautiful, wonderful LGBT posters (and allies) xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I never know what to think about stuff like this.

On the one hand, I can celebrate for trans people that they can get some attention to their 'cause,' but on the other hand the cynic in me wanders how much is 'real' with that family and this situation.

And yet another hand thinks that 8 is awfully young to be making decisions like that. Granted, if you know, you know, but still, 8 is very young.
    It is young, but I think we're finding an increasingly savvy generation who know what they are. We should give kids more credit than we do, because even if they don't know as much as an adult, they know their stuff. There are cases of 6 and 7 year olds knowing that they are gay, so I figure 8 is old enough to know. Also, I remember reading that if one were to transition, then it's a lot easier to do so prior to puberty as biological changes will have already kicked in.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    CBR's LGBT Community

BANNED

Sunstone is out today.

Stjepan Sejic's bondage lesbian masterpiece is finally out in print, though you can also buy it on Comixology, or read the draft version free on deviant art.

It's fantastic. Highly recommended by just about everyone.

sunstone_cover_print_proof_just_came_in____by_shiniez-d877fqf (2).jpg

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Not heard this before, but Brad Pitt's 8 year old trans son John appeared on the red carpet last night in a dapper suit and cropped hair. Woop! In the mainstream!
    I've actually heard of this before. Some tabloid was decrying how they were letting their child Shilo go out dressed like a boy like they were endangering their kid.
    http://www.crushable.com/2012/08/30/...la-weirdo-984/
    Maybe it's a phase or maybe he knows. I think more of us know looking back we were LGBT all along but tried to bury it.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I don't know why, but it makes me smile knowing that the relationship section of the official Avatar wiki has been updated with Korra and Asami under romantic. I hope the comics don't backtrack on that.
    I saw this on Facebook and thought people might get a kick out of it:

Get it? "Shipping"

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    People say "fanservice" like its a bad thing. All media/art is created to service and entertain fans.
    I know. It's so weird. I remember people criticizing Geoff Johns for writing "fan fiction" during his run on Green Lantern. Or claiming he was a fanboy- I'm like, well I want a fan of the characters to be writing them cause I've had enough with the people who don't like a character writing them

T'is the season for homophobic Christian organisations!
    CBR's LGBT Community

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

It is young, but I think we're finding an increasingly savvy generation who know what they are. We should give kids more credit than we do, because even if they don't know as much as an adult, they know their stuff. There are cases of 6 and 7 year olds knowing that they are gay, so I figure 8 is old enough to know. Also, I remember reading that if one were to transition, then it's a lot easier to do so prior to puberty as biological changes will have already kicked in.
    But equally, before puberty, how can you really know? Until those hormones kick in, it wont be a sure thing, and the last thing anyone would want to see happen was a 'miss transition' or an early outing that then has to try to 'go back in.'

Eh, I dunno, but it's a very interesting topic of study for anyone interested in children and psychology/brain development.

In other matters though MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

If you are celebrating it, of course, if not, just enjoy the holiday atmosphere.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    MERRY CHRISTMAS, my beautiful, wonderful LGBT posters (and allies) xxxx
    Merry Christmas to you too! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    I've actually heard of this before. Some tabloid was decrying how they were letting their child Shilo go out dressed like a boy like they were endangering their kid.
    http://www.crushable.com/2012/08/30/...la-weirdo-984/
    Maybe it's a phase or maybe he knows. I think more of us know looking back we were LGBT all along but tried to bury it.
    Good on them for allowing Shilo to express himself. Lot of parents wouldn't.

I saw this on Facebook and thought people might get a kick out of it:

Get it? "Shipping"
    Is Korra blushing in that picture? So cute.

I totally get the shipping thing now xD

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

My parents got me a gift which indicates that maybe they have full acceptance of my sexuality now. I thought we'd moved past it, but when I was 16 we still got into conflicts over "you need to use protection because AIDS", or when I was going out on one of my first 'proper' dates "why don't you try it with a girl?", or "are you sure it will be safe at Pride there are Christian protestors." But I was gifted this book:
    Man's World
    I actually remember skimming over the blurb in the library and adding it to the list of "books I might or might not read in the near future." Thematically, it's actually quite similar to a novel I've been planning for a while. But shush, even though I came up with the idea after this was published, I came up with the idea first. Technically speaking.

I've been trying to work my pile down to a couple of books, but even the short list is about 15, plus graphic novels, plus A-Level texts I need to reread for coursework and the exam. But somewhat achievable, I guess.
    CBR's LGBT Community

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

So I guess filming yourself watching a series finale is a thing now? Anyway- more Avatar stuff:
    Quote Originally Posted by IfThisBemyDestiny View Post
    Part of the fun of the finale was watching the reaction from Korrasami shippers:

22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

THE HOLIDAY HAUL: Vol. 1 of Loki Agent of Asgard, Ellis' Moon Knight, Slott's Silver Surfer, and Vol. 3 of Spencer's Secret Avengers

THE DAY-AFTER ONLINE SHOPPING VIA GIFTCARD CURRENTLY-ON-ITS-WAY LOOT: Vol. 1 of Shutter, Vol. 2 and 3 of Simone's Batgirl, and Vol. 4 of Green Arrow, the start of Lemire's run

CURRENT DECISION: Which comic/s to subscribe to using holiday mula. I can do two max, but leaning towards one, between Hawkeye, Spider-Gwen, Angela: Agent of Asgard, and Darth Vader.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.

The first issue of Angela was pretty good, although I was in it more for the art than the character.

BANNED