Page 106 of 550 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 8245
    Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Personally I'm not a fan of camp but I don't judge people because of it. There was this straight guy back in High School who acted really camp and everyone called him gay because of it. Now people only called me gay because I actually said I was. xD

I was reminded the other day that David Walliams did some Doctor Who sketches with Mark Gatiss back in 1999.
    The Web of Caves - Gatiss as the Doctor and Walliams as an alien
    The Kidnappers - Gatiss wants to kiss Peter Davison/the Fifth Doctor
    The Pitch of Fear - coming up with the series

Funny thing is I love both Tom Hanks and Jennifer Lawrence. But personal opinion.

Rewatched If.... yesterday, a 1968 film about an all-boys public school featuring Malcolm McDowell. What I'd forgotten about from first watching it 3 years ago and watching it now is the gay subtext in some scenes. Not really an LGBT film, but it has moments and I'm pretty sure the director, Lindsay Anderson, was gay.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4reeEObMeFI
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    CBR's LGBT Community

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    If I were getting deluged by reams and reams of (in all likelihood) terribly written fanfic the point of which was to tell me how I got my own story and characters wrong, I probably would too.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I can understand her point. It must be annoying to have all that film royalty money and then hate the people that provided it because they dont like the sad ending of your random short story from a decade ago and do no harm to anyone writing happy endings rather than accept it was just glossed up social commentary.

That was unfair sarcasm because I'd imagine I'd be annoyed in her shoes, but I've typed it now, so meh.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

I can see how she'd be annoyed if people are actually sending it to her and expecting her to endorse it. She probably wouldn't mind if it was just floating around and not being brought to her attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Bentley-23fan23 View Post
    I can see how she'd be annoyed if people are actually sending it to her and expecting her to endorse it. She probably wouldn't mind if it was just floating around and not being brought to her attention.
    That's the position of most authors, as I understand it. "Do it if you must, but please don't send it to me."
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by Bentley-23fan23 View Post
    I'd be pretty pissed too.

------------------------------

Also, that awkward moment when you have a crush on a guy who you aren't sure where he leans (straight, gay, bi, etc.) and he says something about his wife crying at the movie Up. It seems like no guy I can possibly have regular contact with in So. Flo (South Florida) is gay xD

I'm sure something similar has happened to many of you. Care to share?

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    "Do it if you must, but please don't send it to me."
    Well that's good advice for a lot of things.
    The one thing I'll say about her is as least she says Brokeback was a story about homophobia rather than a gay romance or LGBT story. i think that was always my issue with it, so she says it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Also, that awkward moment when you have a crush on a guy who you aren't sure where he leans (straight, gay, bi, etc.) and he says something about his wife crying at the movie Up. It seems like no guy I can possibly have regular contact with in So. Flo (South Florida) is gay xD

I'm sure something similar has happened to many of you. Care to share?
    I have the worst gaydar. This all kinda dovetails with the straight guys can be campy too as I'll see a guy who's a bit "different" than the usual football-loving, beer chugging Michigander and be thinking there could be a chance and then he drops the "GF bomb" LOL

One time I was in a Hot Topic (back in college so I wasn't too old for the store) and this kinda femme guy is a clerk there and another guy comes in and I didn't hear the conversation but I heard the kinda femme clerk telling a girl clerk that the guy was asking him out and thought he was gay and I'm thinking "yeah I did too"

And you never know if they're gay or European

22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Especially Waterbending men.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    I have the worst gaydar. This all kinda dovetails with the straight guys can be campy too as I'll see a guy who's a bit "different" than the usual football-loving, beer chugging Michigander and be thinking there could be a chance and then he drops the "GF bomb" LOL

One time I was in a Hot Topic (back in college so I wasn't too old for the store) and this kinda femme guy is a clerk there and another guy comes in and I didn't hear the conversation but I heard the kinda femme clerk telling a girl clerk that the guy was asking him out and thought he was gay and I'm thinking "yeah I did too"

Thank god I'm not the only one with a terrible gaydar. I mean the guy I was kind of crushing on wasn't really camp, but he didn't mention a girlfriend, wife, etc. until like the fourth time I saw him. Sure, he had a ring on, but it didn't look like the traditional wedding band, so I just kind of figured it was there for show. When he dropped the "wife bomb" I swore everyone in that therapy gym heard me scream xD

I used to think the 'Topic' in Hot Topic was 'Toxic' when I was little. This is the same guy who used to think that girls didn't sweat and that they peed out of their rears. Silly me

I loved Legally Blonde as a kid. I used to do the bend and snap (before I even knew what it really meant) That should have been my first clue. ~_~

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

To be fair, David Walliam's stage persona can be very lecherous, creepy and leering seeming. I find both the little britain men a bit sinister.

LOL, I always find it funny people's lack of gaydar. I've had to teach my bf quite a few signs and things. He's gotten good with it since then.

A short film I'm a part of as the Cinematographer. There's a lot of queer action in this film! Was a blast to shoot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liy3...ature=youtu.be

I also make a very small appearance.
    Last edited by Greg; 12-31-2014 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    LOL, I always find it funny people's lack of gaydar. I've had to teach my bf quite a few signs and things. He's gotten good with it since then.
    I seem to have a 100% success rate with my gaydar, no idea why. Funny thing is people can never tell my orientation unless I'm hand-in-hand with a boy.
    CBR's LGBT Community

I seem to have a 100% success rate with my gaydar, no idea why. Funny thing is people can never tell my orientation unless I'm hand-in-hand with a boy.
    People always assume I'm completely straight and find it surprising when I reveal it's not the case and that I'm even in a relationship with a dude. A lot of people also find it surprising given my history with women so this "development" feels like a forced ret-con to them.